• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Harassment of Trans Woman by GOP Candidate Referred to Prosecutors

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

https://www.pinknews.co.uk/2018/05/26/republican-jazmina-saavedra-crime-transphobic-abuse-transgender-woman-bathroom/

Karma is a bitch, ain't it?  I hope they throw the book at her.  I thought it was a criminal offense the minute I saw the video.  Let's see what Beccerra is going to do about this.

Carolyn Marie

• Admin

My knowledge of the law involved here certainly pointed in the direction of criminality on the part of the political candidate.  They are a little drunk on the vinegar coming from the national political situation.  The one thing that the candidate does not seem to understand is that once rights have been affirmed, it is tens or hundreds of times harder to disavow them, and our rights have been affirmed here in CA.

• Forum Moderator

:blowup:  It is hard not to blow my top over this kind of action.  I've seen too many of us traumatized by this kind of action.  I hope she does face criminal charges but also fear there are many trumpians who support this kind of behavior.  This kind of hate is simply being fostered by this administration.

I like Vicky's statement: " drunk on the vinegar coming from the national political situation"

Hugs,

Charlize