• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Michelle F

Hats... Desert Fashion

Michelle F

LoL... Just watched the movie Dune...

How in the world does ones attach a hat to the head, sans strangulation, pinched nerves and/or terminal chasing of the flying hat up the street??!?

YES! I said UP A the street 9° up of exactly 1/4 of a mile!

Hurts... LoL then my boyfriend says

"AR

YW,YW - Dear"

That's my new term of endearment.. LoL

Anal Retentive

You're Weird, You're Welcome

VickySGV

Hint -- they do make hats in sizes other than 2 loose or 2 tight.  I try them on and get one that fits my 71/8 band size (diameter of the head) or at a hat store go to my hat size.  I have a couple of Garden Party hats that I have worn in some pretty good head winds from the Santa Ana's that blow near me.  I also have light weight scarves that I can use to tie a couple of my hats on if I feel fashionable.  The scarf does not have to be a tourniquet or hangman's noose   to work well.

Charlize

I have several sun hats that are UPF 50 so they protect from the suns i work the farm.  Each has a chin strap and for the most part haven't been a nuisance in either boing off or choking me to death.  One actually allows me to wear my hearing protection ear phones below the hat but it's not too pretty when i do that.  I don't care when i'm on the tractor or running a chain saw.

These hats can be expensive but eBay has provided some at a reasonable cost.  Skin cancer is more expensive so the cat is with it.

Hugs,

Charlize

sun hat.jpg

BrandiBri

Nice hat on a beautiful woman!

Hugs,

Brandi

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   4 Members, 0 Anonymous, 236 Guests (See full list)

• Michelle F
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Aidan5
    • Astrid
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Bi Bro
    Newest Member
    Bi Bro

1. Kaede
      Kaede
      (21 years old)
    • Carolyn Marie
      Congrats, Astrid!  Dealing effectively with your dysphoria is always a big plus, and your goals seem well thought-out.  It sounds like you have a good doctor.   I started out on low dose E using a patch, with Finesteride, but my goals were different and the combination wasn't doing much for me, so my dosages were increased after 4 months or so.  So our experiences are not that close, but I'm sure some folks will come by with good accounts that align more with what you want.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Aidan5
      The moment has arrived, and here is the final product:    (I tried to comb it to flatten it lol my hair is a mess regardless) 
    • Astrid
      I was fortunate to discover that there's a clinic that is licensed to teach electrolysis to student nearby.  As a result, my sessions are $20 per hour (performed by students under professional supervision) rather than $60 to $80, the local rate from qualified clinicians in my town.  I've been doing 2 hours a week for almost two months now, and it's gone very well.  Obviously, the savings is significant.   Might be worth searching to see if there's anything similar near you.   With best wishes,   Astrid
    • Astrid
      Today was my initial visit to Fenway Health here in Boston regarding HRT.  As a non-binary (and older: age 71) person with dysphoria, I was interested in low-dose estrogen as a way to address that, and I was pleased that my doctor there agreed that it would indeed be appropriate to begin this, following my next visit in three weeks.  She recommended not taking a T-blocker, at least initially, as it of course carries more side effects. I'm not looking for pronounced body changes (such as significant breast growth or weight redistribution to my hips).   I'm interested to know if others have gone this route of low-dose estrogen, and if so, how you found it?   I know that "mileage may vary" from patient to patient, of course 😊   Thanks!   Astrid
    • NB Adult
      Hi Mahaney, welcome once again!
    • Jani
      With all the discussion about trying to find a doctor who will see LGBTQ persons I found this story interesting.  Take a listen, its short.  https://www.marketplace.org/2019/11/12/the-doctor-who-left-primary-care-to-help-lgbtq-patients/   "Dr. Crystal Beal left primary care to open an online doctor’s office, QueerDoc. Beal sees patients in Washington and Alaska over video and soon will be expanding to Idaho. QueerDoc provides gender-diverse care, everything from hormones for transgender patients to contraception and letters to change gender markers on identification cards."     https://queerdoc.com "QueerDoc is a totally online doctor’s office focused on queer and gender affirming medicine."  Its just her and another provider at this time.  They don't take insurance.  They provide care on a sliding scale so fees are not the primary focus of her practice.     Jani  
    • Mahaney
      I've been on this site for awhile now and want to introduce myself. I've joined this site with the name Mahaney, which is combination of my given birth first name and middle name. My given name is Moi. I knew I was transgender at a young age. I repressed it until I moved out of my parents house some 5 or so years ago. I decided to wait till I was on my own to fully embrace my full womenhood until I could do so without fearing anyone. My title says I'm M as I'm not sold on my new feminine name. I can't decide if I want to go by the first name Mahaney, or Moira, or my favorite Melissa. Any way Hi everyone.
    • Josie Beth
      I do feel a little better. I’ve done everything that I can today so I’m not going to stress about it anymore today. Tomorrow I have a lot to do. I have to go return my work shirt to the agency because I’m not allowed to take it directly to the university for some stupid reason. I’m sure if I did that they would call the agency just to make it hard for me to get any further assignments. I don’t want my paycheck to be held back for any reason so I’m not taking any chances. And I have to get more time slips because I gave them all to this passive aggressive supervisor under the false pretense of going full time. I expressed my feelings about that to the agency because that was just dirty of her. She’s supposed to contact the agency for them instead of using all mine. What a piece of dishonest trash.     I’m starting to feel the joints more lately and it’s one of the biggest reasons for requiring a bathtub in my next apartment. I really miss just soaking with a decent book or maybe some music and candles. As long as I don’t fall asleep in the water!
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I hear you sister.  Crying is a stress relief but does not make the things that stress us ho away.  I’m looking at a very grim and uncertain future financially so I understand your fears and anxiety’s over it.  
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Both knees and shoulders but got now that’s it. It is a challenge some days. 
    • NB Adult
      Welcome to my world, arthritis sucks! Have it in my hands, feet, knees and shoulders, sometimes getting out of bed in the morning is a real process, but sleeping in makes it worse. Getting up at 0500 taking the dawg out for pee-pee time, making cawfee and then feeding the dog is a necessary routine to get loosened up and functioning normally.   
    • Willow
      Hi, didn’t have time for coffee today.  I had a medical appointment at 8:15. I have pain from arthritis in my big toe.  To my surprise he’s going to operate on it next week.  So the rest of the morning was spent getting pre-op testing.  Tomorrow I meet with my endocrinologist.  I’ll find out about prescription adjustments.   Willow
    • Josie Beth
      Believe me, I’ve had several good cries over the last week and it’s definitely cleansing but still doesn’t address the immediate reality.     Yes that’s true, I’m just scared that doing what I have to do is going to land me in the hospital which would only compound my current problems. I can’t even be honest about it with potential employers because they will definitely see me as a liability. So it’s a catch 22 yet again. 
    • NB Adult
      In the best Tony Soprano voice I can possibly muster; "You do what you gotta to do!" Life can be a real beach, sometimes we wonder if we took a wrong turn and wound up at Sonoma Beach. (A little stupid humor from your pal NB) 
    • Ethan Mcknight
      No u @Aidan5
  • Upcoming Events