• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

May Turner syndrome HRT complications

jae bear

• Forum Moderator

This is wonderful news Jackie!  I know you are relieved.

Cheers,

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Oh my gosh yes I am sooooo relieved! I will let you all know as soon as I have prescribed estrogen in my hands!

Hugs,

Jackie

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

OK, so here’s where we’re at... The vascular surgeon gave the go ahead for estrogen and says I’m all good, but now my Endo believes she needs to contact hematology before she prescribes estrogen because either she or they seem concerned about clots forming  near or after my IVC filter, the recommendation of blood thinners is being thrown around and I wouldn’t care as it doesn’t seem to impact me any other way and blood thinners would be a reduction in blood clot risk so I see no harm. I do know that removing the IVC filter could cause complications that I don’t want, they are typically only left in temporarily now but when I had mine they only just started coming out, the good news being there are 90-year-old women wandering around In Europe with IVC filters in place and doing fine.  I guess now my next appointment will be with the hematologist to go over some details, as soon as I know more I will report back and hopefully at some point in the future I will have prescribed estrogen in my hands !

Hugs, 

Jackie

• Forum Moderator

I think patches or transdermal cream would side step that issue.  

• Forum Moderator

I agree Jani, however I am already lined up for transdermal patches, they are the least likely to have clotting issues, my end it was just being so crazy over cautious that the transgender care team in Oakland is not happy with her. They already contacted her and gave her a nudge and suggested I find a different endocrinologist. One of the people in Oakland suggested that since my endocrinologist is also my wife’s endocrinologist there may be some friction Happening there, but since my wife hasn’t been to see her in over a year I can’t imagine anything funny is going on. I also can’t imagine my wife would put any pressure on the Endo to not prescribe me the correct prescription that I need since my wife was a nurse and wants to make sure the medication I take is the safest possible method. I think we’re in the final stretches here,  I feel like being patient with her is going to work well in the long run but it may be another couple weeks before we get more answers, I’m just going to be persistent and make the appointment as necessary, there’s nothing wrong with blood thinners since they do potentially offer the lower blood clot risk, that sounds fine to me. 

Hugs, 

Jackie

• Forum Moderator

I doubt there is anything funny going on due to your wife also being a patient.  

Jani