• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
Robin Winter

Map the Lines

Robin Winter

TRIGGER WARNING - Self Harm

Seriously, this poem is about self harm.  Stop reading if that's a trigger for you.  Please.

While not specifically trans related, it's something many transfolk can relate to.  The last one I posted, I realized it was the same poem I posted 9 years ago, and the only one I'd ever posted, so I wanted to post something I hadn't before, and they're all pretty dark, so be it.  Yeah...I know...I got issues.

Map The Lines

I bleed, I cry, I taste the pain

The shadows chitter gleefully.

Demons steal from fire and rage,

Lap it up with cries to me..

For more.

“Map the lines!” the Pilot roared,

The journeys path in blood.

The calmer waters  sparkle, but

The bounty’s in the flood,

We’re sure…

Embrace the chill, the fire is bright,

The eve is pale and lonely.

We’ll take your pain, you’ll feel again,

We’ll save you if you’ll only

Draw the line.

jae bear

Woah... you weren’t kidding! Amazing form!

Hugs,

Jackie

Jocelyn

Wow this really speaks to me, I still have the remains of my map lines. I started to write poetry at that time in my life and they were all very dark but helped me to survive. Thank you

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 25 Guests (See full list)

• Carolyn Marie
    • MaryEllen
    • Martyn
    • Jani
    • Willow
    • RithiaAllen
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Xilendra
  • Who Was Online

99 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • MaryEllen
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Martyn
    • Jani
    • Willow
    • RithiaAllen
    • SugarMagnolia
    • Xilendra
    • Willa
    • Naomi Knowles
    • My name isn’t Megan
    • Miss Linnea
    • Summer
    • Michelle F
    • jae bear
    • jo jo
    • Beth48009
    • Susan
    • typeox1jo
    • Ashlee
    • Carly Hughes
    • Lisamarietv2000
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Katt
    • Nicks1
    • MaryMary
    • Stephi
    • Cyndee
    • Timber Wolf
    • tracy_j
    • Kirsten
    • Kylie Rey
    • Jennifer T
    • KymmieL
    • KC1
    • Petra Jane
    • VictoriasMom
    • Adaline
    • AsTheCrow
    • Susan R
    • hmillerrr
    • princecharmless
    • Cloee
    • TclosetGirl
    • VickySGV
    • BrandiBri
    • Cluck1992
    • kaye the grey
    • Aspen
    • Mickey
    • EvanC
    • Jocelyn
    • Ronin82
    • Dev
    • Sharon Aml
    • Michelle135
    • Elijah
    • LarryCopano
    • MelissaAndProudOfIt
    • StephieTX
    • Elyssia
    • Zedarius
    • njcadi
    • Jackie C.
    • Perséfone
    • Mike
    • KC
    • Charlize
    • Brea 27
    • Delicious
    • NewLife336
    • Robin
    • Andrea
    • GothicLucas
    • Janeshannon
    • Kimosabe
    • Mona
    • TiaMaria
    • Tgirllvr81
    • nitehwk
    • Rachael
    • Cat Lady Kelly
    • BrandenLeon
    • Annabelle
    • Louis123
    • Sage4312
    • Thaanzer
    • Grwl
    • MayaK
    • Werzle
    • MarcieMarie12
    • Katy Ann
    • Wae
    • Evelyn1992
    • Snow Princess Sophie
    • scress19
    • JJ
    • Terry
    • Laurianna Payot
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Xilendra
    Newest Member
    Xilendra

1. Angie.Dee
      Angie.Dee
      (27 years old)
    2. Charlie8
      Charlie8
      (15 years old)
    3. jade2003bs
      jade2003bs
    4. wolfsirens
      wolfsirens
      (21 years old)
    • Jani
      Hello and welcome!   The idea that your thoughts are due to social media, friends or your medication is unfounded.  It's none of that.  Seeking the counsel of a therapist is a good idea.  Coming to realize you are not the gender you were raised as doesn't always happen when we are young, or older for that matter.  It's all very personal and not to be thought of as following a strict timeline.  Many of us MtF grow up participating in very masculine activities seemingly as a way of proving to ourselves we are OK.  But of course, we are OK.  This is our normal and no one can take that from you.     Talk with your therapist, be honest, and determine what you want and need to do.     Cheers, Jani
    • Jani
      It scared me as well but as I found once you start to reveal who you are it gets easier and easier.  The idea is to not worry about what others think since you can only control what you think.   Taking small steps is great advice.     All my best, Jani
    • Xilendra
      Okay, so here is the deal, I am a male, 19 years old. I still live with my parents, and we are very close with eachother. I have been for the last 2 years, thinking about transitioning, and naturally, I resisted it for so long. Well, now I know how harmful that is. My mom I am almost positive would be accepting of it, probably would be disappointed. My dad however, I have heard his opinion towards the subject of trans people. Outside of my parents, I do not have much of a social life, I do not have friends, and nobody knows about this. I am at the point where, either I go through with it, or I end up blowing my brains out. Please, I need help, or advice.
    • SugarMagnolia
      It scared me to death for many years. I really had a hard time imagining it working. But I've taken small steps over the last few and am now out 100% at work and full time everywhere.   Everyone's situation is different, but my work transition has been really easy. I'm a software engineer so not dealing with the public all the time but it's gone really well.    Your mileage may vary, but every fear I've had has turned out much better in practice than I expected.   You could start with small steps though and take your time getting more comfortable with each step. There's nothing that says you have to end up in a certain spot so try each new thing on and then see if you want to do more.   ~Julie    
    • My name isn’t Megan
      I’m a twenty year old who was born male, but recently I’ve been inclined to believe that I wish to transition to being a woman. I’ve just recently informed my parents of how I feel, who were supportive, if not a little confused. This is a somewhat recent development in my life; growing up, I didn’t have a lot of female tendencies (like wanting to wear a dress or play with girl’s toys), and I never felt uncomfortable with a male body. Across the span of this year, however, I’ve felt this nagging curiosity about what it would be like to become a girl. This curiosity has grown in recent months, so much that I think about it almost every day. The suddent growth of these feelings is what has me conflicted; I feel very strongly that I would be happier as a girl, but I don’t know why I feel so strongly all of a suddent. My mom thinks it might have something to do with outside influence (like media or friends or my antidepressants, Zoloft EQ for reference), and I’m honestly unsure as to exactly why myself. I plan to seek out a geneder therapist to help me with the process, but I’m looking for any advice that I can get as to how I can figure out who I am, who I want to be, and how I can get there.    Thanks very much for reading!
    • jo jo
      today im listening to the stone roses i dont know if they made it over the other side of the pond but they had such an awesome sound political but real life aswell well worth a listen
    • Jani
      I read this at another site.  Good news! 
    • Jani
    • Amy LeBlanc
      Forgot to add.  if anyone is interested.  I have started a YouTube channel to help me out on documenting myself in transition.  I may not look as pretty as all the other YouTubers, but I have something they dont and that is real life at the beginning stages.   https://www.youtube.com/feed/subscriptions/UCcCj9U8yd6MB0Rq3quqV0mw   Hope everyone likes   Amy
    • Jani
      Hello Cloee and welcome.  I'm happy to read you're talking with a therapist.  I think once you realize what is possible and that you can live happily you will be fine.  Read the stories of others, you'll see we are all similar.   Please join in the conversation.    Jani    
    • Amy LeBlanc
      https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-real-thing-transgender-film_us_5bef4438e4b07573881e935d?fbclid=IwAR3Z-okBZZgEArHc5biMXnd246Ctzi50O0qzFPtoU6IuL3mWVBS8B1ViBjU   I end of crying every time I watch this.   Lots of Love   Amy
    • Jani
      An interesting visit to say the least! 
    • Jani
      Welcome and thank you for sharing your story.  I'm glad you've joined us.     Jani 
    • Jani
      Welcome on board!  Please join in.   Jani
    • Jani
      Martyn, Death is never the answer.  You will never solve anything if you are not around.  As noted, layering suicide over the changes in your family will not make things better.     Reach out to one of the organizations that Sugar Magnolia (Julie) has provided links to.     Your son can change.  He is under the influence of his mother now and as he grows he may see you as a good and fine person. 
  • Upcoming Events