• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jae bear

Milestone achieved! Some new surprises too!

jae bear

I finally went below 200 pounds today! YAY! I know I will be fluctuating up and down but it has been 14+ years since I weighed under the 200 pound mark! The last time I was under 200 I was coming out of the hospital in a wheel chair and hadn't eaten anything for a month, ugh, that's no way to loose weight! My wife keeps making comments about it, she was looking at photos from Easter and said I don't look like "me" anymore, I thought about it for a moment and in my head I said "well duhhh", but I politely nodded and said I felt much better. I did have one really odd experience this morning, I typically try not to look at my self in mirrors if I can avoid it, but while getting ready something very different caught my eye. I was trying to get ready to go get dressed after my shower and realized that I did not bring a shirt into the bathroom with me and my daughter was roaming around the apartment, so I grabbed a towel and wrapped it around my chest under my arms to cover up a bit. I glanced sideways and saw something I have never seen before, there at the top edge of the towel was a some cleavage! Holy crap! I stood there staring for a second and then saw my face with my mouth wide open in amazement! I couldn't help myself, I leaned forward to pull the girls into the middle and wrap the towel again, this time I thought I was hallucinating, I had some legitimate cleavage going on there... I think as soon as I have my own place to live I will be ordering some bras!

Hugs,

Jackie

Jani

Congratulations Jackie.  I know weight goals can be difficult to achieve. The weight didn't go on in a day and it won't come off in a day either.  Keep at it!  Great job.  😎

Jani

jae bear

@Jani   I wish I had a firm grip on what my final weight will be, I really don’t have much of an idea, it would be nice to know if there were some standard by which I could work toward. I’m only 5‘9“ these days, and I don’t have much muscle mass anymore, and I’m growing tired of the unceasing and unrelenting to diet and exercise spare tire that I seem to have collected around the middle, Love handles should be my middle name!  I’m also hoping that the loose skin pulls back to some degree over the next year, I was once quite large but every time I lost weight eventually things came close to normal although not quite perfect. I’m hoping that because I’m getting older I don’t have a problem with excess skin that would need to be surgically removed. One of the girls in group that I am very fond of did have a surgical procedure to remove a skin apron around her entire perimeter, while that may seem drastic it was quite necessary since she was upwards of 400 pounds for some time.  I could care less what size people are, I mean come on, I’m the lesbian that loves chubby girls by the way, so I don’t judge. But there was a time in my life not long ago where I did weigh 350 pounds, but my flesh seems to have snapped back a degree even though I was still quite heavy at 235 pounds. I know the weight loss I have achieved lately is a little bit rapid, but I’m hoping with time as the-year rolls by my flesh will snap back at least a little...

Hugs,

Jackie

Jani

I think it is better to focus on a reasonable size (waist for example) rather than a specific weight, since fat and muscle have different masses.  Hopefully a slow and steady method will result in less of the excess skin.

5 hours ago, jae bear said:

I could care less what size people are

This is a good point.  Find a happy place for your body. 

Jani

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   5 Members, 0 Anonymous, 191 Guests (See full list)

• MetaLicious
    • Damien Mcknight
    • ToniTone
    • KathyLauren
    • Lilbitconfused97
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Furryfriend53
    Newest Member
    Furryfriend53

1. Alisande
      Alisande
      (30 years old)
    2. Sammy Red
      Sammy Red
      (26 years old)
    3. WorldMeetCaden
      WorldMeetCaden
      (35 years old)
    • TrIIIy
    • TrIIIy
      Hi, Tom. I’m 31 and just started T two weeks ago. I give myself .5 ml intramuscular injections of testosterone cypionate once per week. I have yet to notice any changes except for a scratchy voice some days. Looking forward you the changes to come.   If you want, you can post in the HRT forum about this. It might be easier for others to find it there. 
    • TrIIIy
      Hi, Devin. Sounds like exciting stuff is happening for you! Good luck with your surgery and testosterone.
    • VickySGV
      I cross dressed for several years and ran with a crowd of other Cross Dressers for about 8 years.  The drastic change thing was part of that fun. My wigs were mostly mid shoulder length or longer.  My avatar here is one of them that I still wear since my own hair has zero ability to keep any curl or style volume really. I have a few more examples here in my GALlery that I posted a few years ago when someone was asking about wigs.  https://www.transgenderpulse.com/forums/gallery/album/1573-wigging-out/ I have far too many good wigs from that period still, and in good condition. 
    • Lady Ayu
      Hello hello everyone!!   It's been a little while but I'm still doing fine!! My transition is moving on along and i am really starting to blossom :3   Recent labs from my Endo lead to some adjustments to the meds; I am so thankful to have an endo that's watching out for me. I am actually at my endo's right now; they are a little backed up so I'm in a lil queue.   Work is kinda crazy right now as many upper management have left and so openings are available. I have applied for one of them; they are done with interviews but are dragging their feet on the results   Yall!! I finally went out with my friends to that bar we love; it took forever for the stars to align but last weekend, they did and we went! I wanted to look extra cute so I threw on some heels; 3 inches nothing too crazy but i was getting complements all night long! We all had so much fun! Can't wait to go again!   I gave my blog some love with a few new posts and I aspire to add more posts more frequently, but i don't want to force it. I'm gonna do the best I can!!   If you haven't checked it out yet that address is:   iamyuuseria.blogspot.com   Check it out if you want to :3   Well she sounds like she is about ready so i am gonna end it here. I will try to post again soon!! Love you all, keep on being awesome :3   ~Mayumi~  
    • ShawnaLeigh
      This both made me giggle and admire you all in one shot. Thank you!
    • MetaLicious
      Congratulations!  I'm excited for you.   Count me in the good mood crowd.  Last week, I had painted my nails for the first time in almost three decades, and my wife and son surprised me by bringing me several colors of really good polish, plus some eyeliner (she said I'd look hot in it!).  I also did some clothes shopping this weekend, and re-discovered something I'd managed to forget over the years - womens' clothes fit me better than mens'! Like, every time I'd by a pair of pants, they'd need hemming because there just aren't many 5'2" guys out there.  I grab a couple of pairs of pants from the ladies section (thank you. TransPulse size guide!), and they fit perfectly!   I am so full of *squee!* right now... 
    • KathyLauren
      I switched cold turkey.  I stood up, in male mode, at the weekly coffee gathering and announced that I would be transitioning, starting immediately.  The following week, I showed up with my wig on.  I didn't see any point in pretending I was growing it out: I didn't have enough on top to grow out, and everyone knew it.  So they all knew it was a wig.  I didn't care: I looked good.
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I definitely like the idea of moving from short man hair to longer female hair but not in one weekend.  I may do this with the cheaper ones as I have been impressed with the quality and real look they have.  It could get me into a slightly longer one a couple months down the line and so on and so on.  Until I go and have the expensive wig shop set me up with a more "permanent" wig. (Yes I know they can wear out)
    • KathyLauren
      Yes, I should have mentioned that, it's in the UK.  I was born in Northern Ireland, so I have to follow British rules and procedures to get my birth certificate changed.  I won't bother with school diplomas.  The only one worth changing would be my university degree.  But I'm retired, so I won't be submitting resumes anywhere: no one is going to care. 
    • MetaLicious
      My wife suggested I keep a journal shortly after I came out to her.  I can't claim any real diligence in my journaling, but I try to write something at least once a week.  If I could transmit thouhts about what I'd like to write directly to  my journal, I'd probably have several volumes by now.  Raising two young children while being the family caregiver leaves me thinking about writing far more often than I actually have time for.   @TammyAnne, I am so sorry to hear that.  It breaks my heart to think of such a violation...
    • ShawnaLeigh
      OMG I am so sorry you had that spill.  I do things like this all the time now.  I use to be a very well coordinated and prefect balanced person.  Now I am a mess some days.   I hope it heals fast.  Fingers suck to break too.  I've had all 8 fingers broken in one shot one summer as a kid.  Tried to Evil Kenevil something way to far with my bike and went over the handle bars.  LOL   My day is going along fast due to be busy at work  Mondays always are here.  Though it is good with my appointment later to check out this dang uninvited lump.  I hope its either nothing or bad enough they need to go in for surgery.  I already have a couple letters recommending a Bilateral Orchidectomy. Maybe something good can come from this.  
    • Jackie C.
      I originally bought a short red-headed wig (I'm a natural red-head) for about $20. While I like the cut, I like it better on other people. A week later, I bought what was my go-to for my first year. It's not-quite shoulder length and auburn. Not quite my original color, but fairly close. I'm kind of a special snowflake and it's hard to find copper auburn in wig stores. My second wig was about $40. It started looking pretty ragged about a year later, but I learned a lot about wig care and the products that go into it. The one I'm wearing now is past my shoulders and Susan helped me pick it out. I considered some pretty wild changes, but she talked me down and we settled on this one. It's sort-of the right color (again, copper auburn is hard to find) and I love the way it frames my face. Even if I do keep it pinned back most of the time.   That progression wasn't really a conscious choice. It's just the way things worked out. I don't think I'd go back to short hair though. Despite the extra maintenance, I really like the way I look in long hair.   Hugs!
    • Jani
      I suppose if you could afford it that would be a way to ease into things for all parties concerned, including you!
    • ShawnaLeigh
      So more of a "please let me know how you did it" sort of post. I was wondering once you decided to go the wig route.  Did you go from a balding or short hair guy look right into long lushes female hair or did you start with shorter wigs and move slowly into wigs with longer and longer length until you settled at the length you wanted.  To kind of show a progression of your "hair" getting longer?  I realize this would be a high dollar process even going with cheapy wigs.   I suppose I am at a stage where I may not feel comfortable going to work on a Friday with my short mans military hair cut and Monday with my long beautiful female hair.  Though in reality I am not at a point where I can do this yet until I build at least a female professional work wardrobe.
  • Upcoming Events