• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

KittyKatKoko

vitamins

KittyKatKoko

Hi yall,

So, Im a huge health and fitness fan. My diet is mostly clean and I also take supplements. However, as Im sure you know, there are vitamins that can effect hormones so I wanted to ask about some that I am interested in to see what your input is; whether you take it and if you think it can hinder/ block feminization, cause I am all about feminization.

More info-

I am mtf post op since 2008--I have been taking estrogen since 2000

I take estradiol valerate weekly injections at *.**** as prescried by my endo

Here are the vitamins in question

D3 at *,****

curcumin

krill oil

I want to take these for their mutipile health benefits, but I also want to be careful of NOT taking anything that can block feminization or cause masculinization.

Please weigh in and let me know what you think

Robin Winter

Firstly, you need to be aware that discussing your dosages on this forum is prohibited.

Further to that, nobody here is a medical professional, at least not in a capacity that they're dispensing information to someone that isn't their patient.  The best person to ask is actually your pharmacist, they're the experts on drugs and interactions.

Jani

Hi KittyKatKoko.  These are questions that would best be answered by your endocrinologist the next time you see them for a checkup.  You should tell them what your specific goals are and ask for their recommendations since they know your health history.

Some vitamins and supplements can be helpful in the proper dosages but what might be the correct amount for you might be wrong for me.  Taking larger quantities is never a good idea and can have negative health ramifications.  

Jani

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   8 Members, 0 Anonymous, 136 Guests (See full list)

• nitehwk
    • Jackie C.
    • KathyLauren
    • MaryEllen
    • lsc512
    • Carolyn Marie
    • ToniTone
    • TammyAnne
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Tomtom
    Newest Member
    Tomtom

1. ChristinaAnne
      ChristinaAnne
      (36 years old)
    2. Guiseppe_Tartini
      Guiseppe_Tartini
      (31 years old)
    • KathyLauren
      Jani, I am sorry to hear that you have not been well.  I am glad that the medication is helping, and I hope you feel better soon.   Regards, Kathy
    • TammyAnne
      Hi Lily. Welcome here! You're among like minded folkx here. The anxiety you feel has been felt by many, I suspect. I know it's been a problem for me all my life, but is better now that I've figured myself out a bit. Lots of good reading here and a good safe space to ask questions. TA
    • TammyAnne
      Mine is a slight twist on my birth name. Initials reversed, swapped out a letter or two. It feels right. TA
    • ToniTone
      That's kinda funny and awesome how we changed our deadname slightly to the names we want!   ~Toni
    • TammyAnne
      Hello, welcome Laurel! Funny your mention of cross dressing. Discussing this with my gender therapist last week, I realized that I have often worn women's clothes without giving it a thought. All through my 20s and 300 I wore women's jeans because I liked the fit. And sometimes bought jackets because I liked the color. No one ever mentioned it, so it seemed like a non event. This is a great place to discuss, read, learn and ask questions. You are in a safe place. TA
    • Jani
      This is such a bittersweet moment as you know your children are moving on.   We can only hope we've done the best we could in raising them.  If certainly seems like you and your wife have.    I noticed the PACWest weather as it made the news here.  It seems like some areas will receive some heavy downfall of rain.  Its gloomy here as rain is predicted later in the day through the night.     @Krisvm that's good news about your trip.  Yes its always nice to be home!   I've been in a bad way recently but got some medication yesterday that seems to be helping out.  I was able to sleep most of the night. Jani 
    • Jani
      Hello Kathy.  Thats interesting as you are my age and I recall there were a number of books on Buddhism available in my later teens.  I read one (don't recall the title) but it spoke to me in a way the religion my family couldn't.  While I never formally took up the practice I believe in its tenets.  As with Cyndee I came to see the idea of mindfulness as an important way to help work through issues.  It helped me see life differently and view others from a perspective I hadn't.  Early on I came to see that nothing is permanent and we all change constantly.      That is so interesting that you've met and had an audience with H.H.  I missed out seeing him a number of years ago when he visited the Boston area.   Jani
    • Krisvm
      Hi Laurel welcome aboard.   Everyone here is very respectful and welcoming, so I hope you find that too.   Love and Hugs,   Kris
    • Krisvm
      Hi Lily. Glad to have you here.    It can be hard to share so just share what you want to, when you want. I find everyone here is very supportive and willing to listen.   Love and hugs,   Kris
    • Krisvm
      Similar to you actually I ended up choosing Kris because the name I was given at birth was Chris, which I don't mind but wanted something more ambiguous.
    • Krisvm
      Good morning all. I got back from a week at a work conference. Whilst I loved being there (was my first since being out as trans at work and everyone was so nice)  am very glad now to be home under a blanket with a kitten on me.   Love and hugs,   Kris
    • ShawnaLeigh
      So I reread this and had to laugh at myself.  I was so adamant about not having Shawna.   As you can see it’s exactly the name I have chosen.  
    • Charlize
      We are also having a wet relatively mild day.30 MPH wind.  Actually a relatively big storm.  If it had been possible i would have finished the tapping today but instead i'm going to enjoy a day of rest after doing the chores on the farm.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Cyndee
      I love my Spanx "workout to waves" sports bras, they have the most comfortable band (no clasps). They last !!
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I like the AhhBra Racerback style bras.  No cup size needed as it’s a stretchy material that supports very well. It will not mash your breasts like a sports bra can.  The racerback helps prevent straps from slipping sideways off a male profile shoulder and the racerback also could be viewed under your shirt as a tank top under shirt.  If they even see it.   I have a 38” band size as measured with a flexible tape measure around my chest right under the breasts.   My size in this bra is Large.  They provide sizing charts too. 
  • Upcoming Events