• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Private Clinics Uk - which one?

MamaBear

Hi all, I'm mum to mtf 20 year old. We've had a very difficult week (OD on Monday and bad news from the NHS GI Clinic - the OD will potentially delay the initial appointment further - already waited a year so far and won't be seen until at least Feb 2019.) So, I'm looking for advice on private clinics, there seem to be an abundance and I just don't know where to go, we live in London. Has anyone experience/advice with private clinics? 

Thanks, 

A Desperate Mama Bear x

im sorry to hear about the od hun i hope everything is ok now as for private clinics all i can say is look online and check reviews but very expensive...... love and hugs go out to you and your daughterxx

I can't recommend any clinic, but I have come across the FAQ section of one of them which I think has very useful information for you, in particular in terms of possibilities to mix private and NHS care. One model is to get an assessment privately, followed by a recommendation to the GP regarding prescriptions etc. It seems there is potential for a massive cost reduction there, while still speeding up the process.

This is the link:

http://gendercare.co.uk/faq.html

• Forum Moderator

I am not sure of the current situation but, and particularly not with gender issues, but have you asked whether there is scope for going private on the NHS?

If you investigate from this link it may well supplement the info given by Terry : https://www.netdoctor.co.uk/health-services/private-treatment/a4553/can-i-get-treatment-in-a-private-hospital-under-the-nhs/

Tracy