• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
Charlize

Our Rosa Parks?

Charlize

Whether or not Sylvia Rivera was a Rosa Parks for the trans movement is perhaps debatable but her role in the whole liberation f the GLBTQ movement was certainly pivotal.  This is a good read.

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2018/07/06/weekend-read-‘-rosa-parks-transgender-movement’

Hugs,

Charlize

Jani

Thanks for posting this.  She was certainly a pivotal character in the movement.

SugarMagnolia

Thanks, Charlize. I've read about Sylvia a bit, but there were some quotes and anecdotes with which I was not familiar. Her story always makes me appreciate the struggles of those who came before us and is great motivation to take on whatever challenges may come our way.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   1 Member, 0 Anonymous, 36 Guests (See full list)

• Dranor
  • Who Was Online

108 Users were Online in the Last 48 Hours
    • Dranor
    • Cheyenne skye
    • tracy_j
    • Susan
    • Petra Jane
    • VickySGV
    • CaraMC
    • Ellora
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Amy LeBlanc
    • Victoria X Dayne
    • Lorry
    • pandorasbra
    • Mackenzie Holiday
    • Laura Beth
    • Alex C
    • reyindium
    • trans1964
    • Janeshannon
    • Tessa
    • JessicaVioletta
    • EvanC
    • Sharon Aml
    • Piper
    • Leo
    • Astrid
    • Josie Beth
    • Dev
    • Jani
    • mom1972
    • a random individual
    • DevilDog
    • Willa
    • SaraAW
    • Dakota16
    • Snow Princess Sophie
    • Charlize
    • Kole Rickard
    • Topher
    • MaryEllen
    • Ronin82
    • thatguy04
    • NotSamuel
    • Nichole Spencer
    • michelle_kitten
    • Pidge
    • BowlofPetunias
    • ToniTone
    • Cindy Truheart
    • DeeDee
    • killjoyaiden
    • MaryMary
    • Amber Marie
    • Cyndee
    • Kirsten
    • JJ
    • sara albert
    • Michelle F
    • jo_g
    • gracey01
    • Willow
    • LotsOQs026
    • Wise
    • Motormouth95
    • KeiraC
    • MomofSprinter
    • Maid In Bedlam
    • SugarMagnolia
    • ScooterKatie
    • Joel Allen
    • Jocelyn
    • Zoey
    • Mybuttlost
    • lauraincolumbia
    • gaypricot
    • Donna Pollard
    • Icanbesane
    • Mediator
    • LittleRed
    • Gigi
    • SallyGreen
    • Laura3454
    • KymmieL
    • Rebecca Lynn
    • Timber Wolf
    • figuringitout
    • MemyselfandI
    • Elyssia
    • CJ99
    • SharkGirl98
    • AsTheCrow
    • Mickey
    • Rachael
    • Susan R
    • Evelyn1992
    • Juliet
    • Amberlea
    • dormouse
    • TK
    • heyim_finn
    • Jennaroxie
    • Lexi
    • Dino
    • princecharmless
    • KingPorter
    • Terry
    • CharlieG83
    • Stillhaunted
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

pandorasbra
    Newest Member
    pandorasbra

1. Alex Blitzen
      Alex Blitzen
    2. Beverley50
      Beverley50
      (53 years old)
    3. Em
      Em
    4. Jlandry1970
      Jlandry1970
    5. Michelle48
      Michelle48
      (50 years old)
    • tracy_j
      Hi Cara, welcome to the forum!   Thank you for your introduction. Good luck for Friday.   Tracy
    • tracy_j
      I have not seen any issues apart from possible temporary low sperm count but this is something to discuss with your doctor. It would not likely be a specific time anyway as people's bodies vary.   Tracy
    • Petra Jane
      I tried this, just to test things, and it worked fine. Oops
    • VickySGV
      My "mark all read" button is only working to where it asks me if I want to mark all read.  The it quits.
    • VickySGV
      It was not the shops, but rather the wares that had us concerned for you.  Now you know and I will lock this thread for now.
    • CaraMC
      Hi all,   I am lucky to go to a very nice gym, however, I am transitioning MtF, I wanted to buy gym clothes and go to the female toilets to change and I did see advice of this online...   I did e-mail the manager and he said he would need to get back to me, I would feel ashamed using the disabled toilet and there is no locker in the toilet either...   Have you guys experienced this?   Cara xxx 
    • CaraMC
      Hi all,   I read somewhere you should only tuck for less than 10 hours a day or you can cause yourself to get ill and go to hospital is this true? or a myth?   Thanks   Cara xxx
    • CaraMC
      Hi all,   So very happy to find a transgender forum!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope all of you are having a smashing day so far.   I wanted to introduce myself, My name is Cara I knew I was female at the age of 5 and when my Dad found out I got beaten up many time before he decided to leave the family home. I tried to come out in school only to get beaten up with a few bones broken in the process. I then put a fake macho image on but my feelings never went away, I got married in 2010 with no children to a controlling but loving wife and as my feelings grew I threw myself into work to the point when I was realised I need to transition, I was so scared I would lose everything that I attempted suicide (Please speak to someone if you feel this way - never keep to yourself). Now I am in the process of getting private help and on a 3 year waiting list for the NHS.   I came out to my employer, family, friends and wife, which was hard but worth it as I feel a giant burden lifted off my shoulders and whenever I am buying, wearing womens clothes and putting make up I am so much more comfortable in my skin!   I look forward to talking to more of you, this Friday is the first day I am going to fully transition in public, wish me luck!   Take care all and stay safe   Cara    
    • CaraMC
      Hiya Vicky & MaryEllen,   I was hoping you would not say that!   Sorry to discuss those type of shops did not know but thank you both so much for responding!   I will take this as a painful lesson, I am in the queue for a private discussion with a doctor, so hopefully this will help alot!   Cara
    • CaraMC
      Hi Reyindium and Ellora,   Thank you for your responses!   I think a sit down is certainly appropriate too, I will be sitting her with today on what happens going forward.   Thank you for your support I did not expect any to reply.   Take care   Cara
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://philadelphia.cbslocal.com/2019/05/20/michelle-tamika-washington-transgender-advocate-gunned-down-north-philadelphia-street/   Another loss for our community.  Rest in peace, Michelle.   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.reuters.com/article/us-filmfestival-cannes-port-authority/transgender-love-story-shines-in-cannes-idUSKCN1SQ20C     Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.star-telegram.com/news/local/crime/article230596759.html   Muhlaysia suffered far more than anyone should ever have to suffer.  May she rest in peace, and justice served on her killer.   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, Nichole, and thank you for sharing your story.  It is in some ways like my own.  I came out to my wife at the age of 55.  She wasn't sure at first if she could stick it out, either, and had many doubts.  But we are still together 10 years later, and doing well, so I hope that gives you some cheer for your own future as a couple.   Why we are who we are, and what we are, is an interesting thought exercise, but it doesn't change anything in the end.  n my case, I think it may have something to do with my mother's likely use of the drug DES during pregnancy in the 1950's.  But there is no proof, and, like I said, it doesn't much matter.  So my suggestion is to let that issue go, because it won't change anything.   There are a lot of good questions among the forum threads, and an equal number of good answers, and some bad answers, too.  Please look around and don't be shy about asking any questions for yourself.  We have a lot of experience among the members here, and one thing we like to do is share it.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Alex C
      what about BRUCE!!!!  lol ...I always like the name Zara...Zora..different and if you become a U-Tub star its really marketable..G.L …..oh and its closer to S then other names you mention 
  • Upcoming Events