• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Great great

If i was questining where my older brother and sister stood as far as trans people go today made it clear. 

We were standing in line in front of a trans woman which sparked the conversation. It started light hearted and about the cost of transitional surgeries. Fair enough but things got hairy fast.

My brother started delibrately calling the woman a he (not to her face we were in the car at that point) and me and sister argued with him as he shook his head stating "if you're born a man you're a man" fantastic. 

My sister then stated that the idea of being trans was just disgusting going forth to state "being gay doesnt bother me but-" which is the way most homophobes who think homophobia is only punching a gay person in the face and lynching them asked why they wouldnt want the puh tang when they were that handsome? 

And all of my fellow gay bretheren shook our heads thinking of the wholesome beuty of the male figure. I dont thonk theyre bad people by any means and while this most certainly mean i wont have the smoothest coming out they wpuld never hate me. My brother cares deeply about my tourettes and seizures and so doea my sister my brother often asking about side affects and advising me on things to do and generally being supportive on the whole out of the blue absentia seizure thing but this dpes mean ill have to be thw teacher of this stuff to them.

I'm not gonna pull my haira out with arguements but ill definately calmy explain to them why im transitioning and see where it all leads from there. All i know at this point is 2018 is gonna be one hell of a ride.

And if the thing on their being a kind of coming of age in your teen years are true i think its gonna happen real soon.

• Forum Moderator

If you truly believe they care about you and wouldn't hate you, then maybe they are just not well informed.  This would be an opportunity for you to educate them while demonstrating you are a normal, caring, loving individual, just like the rest of us.  I hope your conversations go well when they happen.  

Jani

3 hours ago, Jani said:

If you truly believe they care about you and wouldn't hate you, then maybe they are just not well informed.  This would be an opportunity for you to educate them while demonstrating you are a normal, caring, loving individual, just like the rest of us.  I hope your conversations go well when they happen.  

Jani

Thanks jani, i hope so too although my prediction is an initial arguement about being uncertain. Which yea but its kinda hard to deny to myself at this point therea not any dysphoria going on and most of thw uncertainty seems to be normal "man how should i dress as a guy?" Kind of stuff then body related things cause id rather switch right now to a balding middle aged man goin through a mid life crisis then this weird clonky shell ive got going though ill keep up to date with how my coming out goes and physical transitions. Thanks for allways being supportive, it helps a ton :).