• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Sign in to follow this  
VickySGV

The Episcopal Church Passes New Church Policy In Regard To Trans People

VickySGV

The Episcopal Church has been holding its triennial General Convention in Austin Texas for  the past week, today  a resolution in regard to Trans people and the Church's ministry in the coming years.  There was NO oral opposition from the over 400 people able to vote on it, and a few abstentions were all that kept it from being unanimous .  A friend of mine at the convention sent this text of it.  I am so proud and happy!

Inclusion of Transgender People

Resolved, the House of Bishops concurring, That the 79th General Convention affirm the following guiding principles for the inclusion of transgender and non-binary people and urge that the Dioceses of the Episcopal Church prayerfully consider adopting and implementing the following guiding principles for the inclusion of transgender and non-binary people in their parishes, missions, schools and camps:

Guiding Principles for the Inclusion of Transgender and Non-Binary People in Dioceses, Parishes, Missions, Schools and Camps:

We believe that all people are created in the image of God and that all people are beloved children of God. Because this is true,

We will protect the rights and respect the dignity of transgender and non-binary persons, refusing to reject, judge, abuse, belittle or in any way dehumanize them.

We will engage the complex realities for transgender and non-binary persons in our churches, schools, and camps, and not yield to the temptation to ignore those realities.

We will recognize and accept our responsibility to protect the privacy of transgender and non-binary persons.

We will make decisions about how to support transgender and non-binary minors in our schools and camps in sensitive and appropriate communication with their parents.

We will provide a safe environment for transgender and non-binary persons, for those who support them, and for those who do not understand our commitment to these principles.

We will stay flexible in response to the complex and changing ramifications of this work by being open to relevant stories, to emerging information, and to the movement of the Holy Spirit.

And be it further

Resolved, that materials to help promote the Guiding Principles of this resolution be developed and curated by the Office of Formation through partnerships with organizations such as Integrity and TransEpiscopal.

Annie

Amazing! You should be proud -this is awesome. :) :) :)

MaryMary

wow, niiiice :D 

VickySGV

And one more for the road:

C022 Supporting Transgender Access

Resolved, the House of Deputies concurring, That the 79th General Convention of The Episcopal Church reaffirm its support for the enactment of laws at the local, state and federal level that prohibit discrimination based on gender identity or the expression of one’s gender identity; and be it further

Resolved, That The Episcopal Church support legislative, educational, pastoral, liturgical, and broader communal efforts that seek to end the pattern of violence against transgender people in general and transgender women in particular, calling attention especially to the rising violence against transgender women of color and gender non-conforming people; and be it further

Resolved, That The Episcopal Church oppose all legislation that restricts public restroom, locker room and shower access for transgender and gender non-conforming people, recognizing that such bills disproportionately impact and contribute to a pattern of violence against transgender women and non-binary identified people; and be it further

Resolved, That The Episcopal Church ask dioceses and parishes to remove barriers to full participation in congregational life by making their gender-specific facilities and activities fully accessible to all, regardless of gender identity and expression; and be it further

Resolved, That The Episcopal Church direct the Office of Government Relations to advocate for passage of federal legislation that protects transgender and gender non-conforming persons from discrimination; and be it further

Resolved, That The Episcopal Church urge dioceses, parishes, and Episcopalians to advocate for passage and enactment of similar legislation at the local and state level.

Sandra6sandy9sand

This is wonderful.  I hope I can find something similar in my church.

Sandra

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 76 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

False_Skin
    Newest Member
    False_Skin

1. Arianna
      Arianna
      (23 years old)
    • tracy_j
      I think it's finding what suits you best. I have never got on with boyshorts at all. Not being over there, I won't go into brands but, in general, I have found quality panties better. Obviously womenswear is only designed to cover a small bulge so tucking is really essential.   I tend to wear bikini, hi-leg or full brief dependant on situation, how I am feeling or what I am wearing.   Tracy
    • Regn
      Thanks Charlize and everyone. I’ve done two days. The medication helps a lot.
    • mini
      thank all of you  for the splendid advice    
    • mini
      hello   i appreciate the advice as i was having a terrible time tucking and staying in place especially walking they were always slipping out or never in proper place.  I will be taking the tips and trying them out in the morning . I was afraid to try tape as hair would be pulled out. I will be trying the pull from behind and panty method as well as other great advice.    I do have one other question and that is going to gym as i am not allowed to use the other gym so how do i get used to being comfortable in those situations.
    • VickySGV
      I am not really sure where this is headed just now, but it does underscore the need for understanding of what and who Trans people are.  The mythology and the fantasy about us needs to be fully bashed out of some heads and replaced with better stuff. 
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.lgbtqnation.com/2019/09/students-protest-schools-trans-bathroom-policy-vicious-rumors-spread/     Carolyn Marie   Published courtesy of Zack Ford's Blog, "Fording the River Styx"
    • Carolyn Marie
      http://www.epgn.com/news/breaking-news/15219-plaintiffs-in-boyertown-trans-restroom-policy-case-withdraw-litigation-ending-years-long-legal-battle   Good news is always welcome news.   Carolyn Marie   Published courtesy of Zack Ford's Blog, "Fording the River Styx"
    • Susan R
      Welcome Markjvp,  Glad you found this forum. You'll find great support here and many with a similar back story.  One benefit you have at your age is time.  I put off doing anything about my situation until middle age.  You have access to support and knowledge that people my age could never dreamed of way back when!  Take advantage of them all.   My Best to you, Susan R🌷
    • Susan R
      Those are words to live by.  Good for you and a big congratulations to you and your continued success.  Thank you for sharing your good news!   Warm Regards, Susan R🌷
    • VickySGV
      One of my psychology professors years ago liked to tell us that most M.D.s did not fully earn the Doctor part of their degrees, and they really should get a degree of Body Mechanic (BM) and I think he may have had it right in this case.  The guy knows the physical configuration of the human brain expertly as a technician but his ability to actually reason with his own brain on non technical matters is up for conjecture.  
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, Mark.  If you're looking for support, this is a great place for it.  Ask any question, start threads, whatever you need, we'll be there for you.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      Awesome!   Carolyn Marie
    • Carolyn Marie
      https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2019/09/19/hud-secretary-ben-carson-makes-dismissive-comments-about-transgender-people-angering-agency-staff/?fbclid=IwAR0FqFpp4S_aQnZ4wQjMxgwtOoEMnpKTt546kVc3LnfkVOaB4PUuOGT1ByU     Given his past statements, I have no doubts that what he's alleged to have said is accurate.  He is a disgrace and needs to be gone, even before his boss is.   Carolyn Marie
    • Jani
      Greetings Markjvp.  Your intro was fine.  Telling our family, especially at a young age is fraught with peril so I can relate to your story.  I am guessing you are about 16 so you still have some time to go before you graduate High School and can move out on your own, or go to college.  I know the time seems long, but in reality it's not.  Focus on your education as it will sustain you for the rest of your life.     As to starting transition, if that is your goal, a couple years will not make a huge difference.  You want to remain at home where you have a roof over your head and meals to eat.  Don't do anything rash.  Your family may or may not ever get "fixed" as this is their choice to understand.  Your choice is to be the best you that you can be.  Look around there are other stories like yours here.     Cheers, Jani
    • Jani
      This is so good to read that you have found the way to sobriety that suits you.  You have so much to be happy and grateful for, especially for the inner strength you posses.  Yeah for you!  You will get over your shyness and insecurity in due time.  I believe in you.  Your sponsor sounds like a caring person.     Hugs, Jani
  • Upcoming Events