• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Myka.L

Estrogen rejection

Myka.L

Hi, I’m just over 60 transitioning - well trying to - my body doesn’t seem to want to play along. 

A year ago I was on estrogen pill, I took it for 7 months and everything seemed fine, breast development softer skin. 

Thrn I developed a DVT in my leg. (Thrombosis). Stopped estrogen. Took blood thinners - four months later I was clear. 

I read the patch was better for not causing clots. So started them **ml patches. Four weeks later I felt awful. There were nights I was getting heart fibrillation (I’ve had it before HRT, was told “avoid stress” but I was ok with no surgery and no medication). 

So I stopped again - the fibrillation is still somewhat there although not as bad. 

But now I’m thinking what to do? I desperately want to transition fully. 

Should I ask for less strength patches and then ramp up the dosage over a year? 

I haven’t had access to an endocrinologist (I’m in the Chicago area).

i don’t know how to move forward. Does anyone have any advice or experience? 

Thanks myka 

DenimAndLace

It sounds like you have some health nuances that need to be taken into consideration.  If you can't find what you need in Chicago (surprising), is Mayo clinic in Rochester, MN an option (5 hour drive or 1 hour flight)?  They have an all-inclusive clinic for transgender people staffed by world renowned physicians including, but certainly not limited to, endocrinology.  If you need to be seen for other things in conjunction with your treatment, they can accommodate that as well.

VickySGV

Our Resource Data Base has quite a number of listings for doctors and clinics in the Chicago area.  https://www.transgenderpulse.com/resource-locator/  .  DO NOT make any changes to your medications without consulting your current doctor.  I am 70, and also had a DVT two years ago after being on HRT fo six years.  From 60 to 63 I gained the average growth and body shape of the women in my family, and it did not reverse in the 8 months I was off estrogen a few years later.  Our bodies have limits and it is not the fault of the hormones.

Raven1981

Hello:

I would listen to your doctor first and fore most.  But it sounds like that you have some other health issues as well that need to be taken into account and looked at.  I would go to your doctor and let them know what's going on and let them first make the decision on your health with the hormones as well.  I also agree that there is a Mayo-Clinic up in Rochester MN about a 5 hour drive away.

I can say from my experience that my doctor and I am lucky to see a endocrinologist that I am a cancer survivor and my doctor is taking that into consideration.  I have started out on the patch and used the dose and amount of patches my doctor proscribed for me.  I recently switched to injections due to the patches were pre-maturely peeling off and was not getting the full use out of the patch and so I have not really noticed any change.  Now on injection, I am on a low mg right now to see how my body will be reacting and making sure keep my health in consideration as well to slowly ease me into everything.  

Hope that all helps out as well

Lots of Love

Amy

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   7 Members, 0 Anonymous, 81 Guests (See full list)

• Timber Wolf
    • Jani
    • Markjvp
    • MaryEllen
    • NB Adult
    • A. Dillon
    • Petra Jane
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Christian S
    Newest Member
    Christian S

1. Harriet1958
      Harriet1958
      (61 years old)
    2. SandraBear
      SandraBear
    • Markjvp
      Also I’m even wondering why I was made like this or at least why so sensitive (just in case you don’t already know I’m Christian) seriously just one bad thing that happens can make me cry
    • Markjvp
      Hi people I seriously can’t take it anymore things are getting harder there’s school pressure on me and there’s the pressure of trying to not be too sad but it’s getting harder and harder I’ve got no friends (unless you count my mom) I’m trapped because I’m not even free and I think they don’t Truly  love me  and most of the time it feels like I’m fighting a battle against an army alone and I’m losing this is all I can describe how my life currently is but how I feel about it is it’s like torture it’s like I’m in a dark tunnel the exit is a few metres away I can see it I’m trying to get out but something I don’t know what is keeping me in I don’t know if I can even keep trying to continue living but I don’t know if I can kill my self yet but hopefully once I can I have help before I actually can
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning everyone, 🐿   Happy Birthday SandraBear!🎂 Happy Birthday Harriet1958!🎂 Hope you have a wonderful day!   Lots of love,  Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Timber Wolf
      Hi Pauline, Welcome to Transpulse.  I'm glad you're here!   Lots of love and a big welcome hug,  Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Charlize
      Welcome.  I went to a gender therapist and she was there to help my wife as well.  It sounds like you have a wonderful relationship.  Try to take a deep breath and give whatever happens some time for both you and Hannah.  My wife said she could never be a lesbian.  What friends and relations would think was overwhelming.  It has taken time but we are doing better than ever.  Certainly things have changed but love has grown.   Hugs,   Charlize
    • Charlize
      Yesterday we sent out a pile of cards to family and friends.  Today i'll head to the PO with packed presents to send out.  This time of year is always busy but with bad weather and the melancholy that can come with holidays it's good to be busy!   Hugs,   Charlize 
    • SaraAW
      Good advice from Jani. Really good on you for being supportive. My spouse is not so supportive of me, but we are still together and I do love her dearly. I can’t see it from your perspective, but I can tell you what I want from my wife, which may be similar to your wife’s, maybe it will help you some.    1) Acceptance that I am not Cis and that I don’t truly know yet what I need to be comfortable within myself.     It sounds like you’re already working on this one.    2) Time. Time for both of us to process our feelings, find an understanding and work through challenges. What today may seem like a deal breaker for either of us, with time and #3 we may find acceptance, understanding and compromise.    As this all happened yesterday for you, this may be really pertinent.    3) Honest and open dialogue. She needs to know how I feel and I know to know how she feels. Without this, we will never be able to discuss the challenges each of us are facing and overcome them.  This also includes sharing what hard lines exist today for us both.    It sounds like you already have this in place, so don’t let it slip.    4) The ability to self express my identity when I need to. I can suppress for awhile, but the longer I do, the more I hurt.  5) Some compromises. Like any other part of a relationship, there needs to be compromises. It can’t be all one sided.  I hope you find some of this helpful. *hugs*
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I am in this mode still too.  Shopping "male" but being female inside is hard for me now.  My wife does help me at times when out shopping.  She finds such great deals for the clothing I truly want.  Which in itself is female training on her part.  LOL We have even bough some of it together.  She gets mad that I am in a smaller size pant/legging then she is.  Though Id trade her for her hips and butt any day! I am not slowing my transition for anyone any longer, I am not speeding down the highway either.  I am letting it happen organically.  ON hold this month still.  My continued coming out will be in January.  Tough ones coming up for me but I have to do it.  I am an impatient girl.   Its always a personal choice to do what and when and how fast when talking about transition.  I respect your feelings on what you are deciding to do.  Good Luck my friend.
    • Charlize
      Congratulations Michelle.  A scary journey to be sure.  May it bring you joy!   Hugs,   Charlize  
    • ShawnaLeigh
      Very good news indeed!  Congrats for getting this far.  Almost there!
    • SaraAW
      Congratulations Michelle! *hugs*
    • SaraAW
      Possibly going out shopping with a colleague and friend from work. It is a yearly tradition where we go out shopping for our wives and family, usually grabbing some dinner too. This is male mode shopping as I am still not out. Not sure I’m going to socially transition anytime soon in an effort to save my marriage.    I look forward to this as he’s a good friend and he works remotely, so we don’t get together often.    Got a chill today, hoping my tea warms me up.    Have a great day everyone. *hugs*
    • ShawnaLeigh
      I think it is wise to plan for a future with and without your marriage.  Planning does not mean doing.  Just making sure you will be taken care of if anything happens. I agree with Jani, try to find a common ground.  Right now it seems impossible.  But given time everybody will absorb what's going on and think about it better once the hurt and pain and shock of it all fades.  As has been said before, we have had a lot of time to process this issue.  The consider things.  Our wives have not and it will take them time too.  I'm not saying she will make a 100% turn around but surely she cares enough about the family to at least talk about it and try to make things better. I find this is happening in my marriage.  Though it is still on a course of the big D like you say, it is more a transformation of itself into something that will keep us together, in part, just not legally married after a certain point.  I too am trying to prepare for a future with out her.   But the stress of it all is fading each day and we seem to be doing good for now.  Day by day is all we can do.
    • TammyAnne
      Dentist and Therapy today. So it's going to be less fun: no drawing but maybe a little guitar playing later. Time to make coffee and get started. Snowy weather predicted for the day too. I am not so warm and fuzzy about driving in that. Cheers and a big hug for all. TA
    • tracy_j
      At this point in the year, near Christmas, I get bouncy to the extreme - so up and down, one time major depression then a bit later happy again. It started me, just after Christmas last year,  going out for walks several days a week as these seemed to cure my depression and do keep me fitter (and busier as I usually do over ten and occasionally toward twenty miles a week out in the countryside). It was bad at the end of last week but I am Ok at the moment, looking forward to my daily pot of coffee. I think the dreary weather has a lot to do with it.   Enjoy your day everyone!   Tracy
  • Upcoming Events