• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Finally starting my journey!

Julie J

Hi, my name is Julie and I am finally starting my amazing journey of transitioning to female after 63 years! I had a false start 37 years ago when I was 26 but backed away when isolation and fear overwhelmed me. My story is not so different from so many other transgendered individuals. I'm so glad there is so much support available today. I'm sure if it had been in place in 1981 where I lived, I'd already have been living as Julie for a very long time. I don't dwell on that. Instead I'm grateful for the many wonderful trans friends I have met since last September as I began my transition journey. I've been on hormones for 3 mo months, and am having electrolysis. I no longer worry about "passing"... I doubt I will ever be able to convincingly "pass" but I can definitely blend in without standing out in the crowd. I dress and behave appropriately whenever I present as my true gender. I could never imagine how happy I would feel becoming Julie and how little I would care about what others think as I become the woman I was meant to be. 

I may be 63, but I am so happy to be going on this journey - to becoming Julie. Unfortunately I am not living as Julie full time yet but when I am in male mode I consider myself as being Julie in disguise! That makes me smile and relax because it's only a matter of time before I am going to be Julie all the time. Thanks for reading the short version (oh yes, this is the abbreviated short version) of my journey. I hope to develop my support network as I continue my life's journey. Don't give up, it's never too late to be yourself! 

With joy in my heart, I say hi, my name is Julie, and I am a beautiful, happy woman.

Julie J 

Welcome from one Julie to another!

I started late as well and have come to realize that things happen in their own time. I'm not sure I would have been ready to do this any earlier. It wasn't time.

I wish you all the best in your transition and hope to continue seeing you in the forums!

Best,
Julie

• Forum Moderator

Julie I'm glad you're on your journey and have joined us.  Many of us here started later in life.  

4 hours ago, Julie J said:

Unfortunately I am not living as Julie full time yet but when I am in male mode I consider myself as being Julie in disguise! That makes me smile and relax because it's only a matter of time before I am going to be Julie all the time.

This is good!  

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Hi Julie i'm glad you've joined us here.  I was 63 when i went full time so i know how great it feels to know who i am regardless of how i had to present.  Today i can't see myself going back to pretending.  i'm simply enjoying living my life as myself.

Let us know how it goes.  The support i found here and from other trans friends helped me a great deal(and still does).

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Hi Julie,

Welcome ?

I am glad things are steadily working out for you.

Tracy

Thanks for your comments and support Jani, Charlize and traci_j. I appreciate your encouragement and I look forward to getting to know others in these forums as I continue my journey. 

Cheers, 

Julie