• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newguy

Did you know?

newguy

Hi all,

I came across this article the other day, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/blog/excessive-sweating/seven-foods-and-beverages-that-cause-excessive-sweating/.

We all sweat, isn’t it? Sweating releases toxins and is a way for our body to cool us down. However, there’s a big difference from the perspiration that accumulates after a full workout and the sweating that happens when you eat a supersized meal from a fast food restaurant.

And it is necessary that you do not sweat because of the some of the food items we eat.

Caffeinated drinks, alcohol, High fat milk, Modified spicy foods, and processed food are some of the items that cause excessive sweating. Consumption of too much salt is also not good for our body.

We all sweat but by reducing the amount of the foods we consume, we won’t have to change our shirts after every meal.

So, did you know these facts? Anything to add?

Jani

I'm MtF and I sweat much less than before when I was on T alone.  I was aware spicy foods would do it but wasn't aware of high fat milk and caffeine.  Interesting.

Jani

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Who's Online   3 Members, 0 Anonymous, 77 Guests (See full list)

• Cyndee
    • SaraAW
    • Shay
  • Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Toni
    Newest Member
    Toni

1. MarcieMarie12
      MarcieMarie12
      (47 years old)
    • Shay
      @Berni I think everyone experiences doubts and I gave them a lot but there are a lot of people like you met out there and always will be. You got to keep working on not letting their ignorance affect you. You own you feelings and you can remind yourself that and not let others allow you to be hurt. Yes I think it will always be there but the more you are aware of it the?less it will give you anxiety. When you identify the problem you can disarm it.
    • ElizabethStar
      This happens to me too.  Earlier on when I was more clock-able I built up a pretty thick skin towards these things. But as I progress and pass more often (thank you face mask) I get clocked far less often, I relax more, let my guard down more, enjoy life more. Still all it takes is the one person out of a hundred to give me a second look to shake me to my core. I try to remember the good things that have happened: the cashier that called me young lady, the soccer-mom that gave me a smile as she walked by, the guy who held the door for me, the times I didn't get clocked using the rest room,..... I still find myself replaying events in my head late into the nights trying to understand what it was that happened. Truth is I'll never know. Maybe the wind messed my hair right before I walked in the door, maybe I rubbed my eye without realizing and look like a raccoon, Maybe their lives are so horrible they have to exploit flaws in everyone else whenever they can to validate their own existence.   I think we are all emotional stronger then we give ourselves credit for.
    • ElizabethStar
      This is going to be my first autumn/winter. I'm looking forward to finding some new looks.
    • Berni
      My question for this evening is : will I ever stop questioning?   I'm seeing my therapist tomorrow and it's what I plan to discuss, but some insight from people here would be very welcome.   So, I had a good day turn bad day a few days back.  Most of the day I felt really confident. Makeup good. Hair great. It was warm (30C), so I was in my favorite shorts and sandals  and beneath the tshirt my A cup breasts were pretty obvious and kind of perky.   I was walking through a shopping centre and a couple, walking hand in hand, came towards me. I could immediately tell the woman clocked me and I thought I heard her stifle a laugh.   Stupidly, I turned to check and noticed her whisper into her boyfriend/husband's ear. They both turned, looked at me and laughed.   At the time, I brushed it off and forgot about it. Or so I thought.   Late that night, and  again the following evening, I had such an anxiety attack. "What am I doing!?!" I kept asking myself. Each attack ended after a while  and I returned to normal .. but my confidence was really shaken   I thought I was past this!   Does this ever go away?
    • Berni
      Hi @Brianna66. Definitely not too old! I'm 56 and 5 months HRT. I started electrolysis at your age and was growing out my hair. I too felt I was a girl inside my whole life. I'm so glad i set her free.
    • Emily michelle
      I have to say that is awesome!
    • Timber Wolf
      Good morning everyone,🌷   Happy birthday MarcieMarie12!🎂 Hope you have a terrific day!   Lots of love, Timber Wolf 🐾
    • Patti Anne
      Among the dreaded COVID virus, fires, economic ruin and death, I thought I'd take a stab at interjecting a little humor. My daughter sent this to me last night. It took me a second to get it, only because I didn't recognize J.K.'s face.      For those who suffer from poor facial recognition, The answer is "Surf and TERF"
    • RhondaS
      I had similar hormone levels, don't know if estrogen was really high, but it was above the range that's typical. Testosterone was low but in the typical range.    Since we're starting around the same time I guess we can be anecdotal evidence for how it plays out. 
    • tracy_j
      I could wear that skirt! Fall (autumn) for me is the time between bare legged summer and fleecy tights winter when I wear normal tights, and have to keep an eye on them for holes lol. It tends to be very variable but here winter is not usually that much colder than some fall days, for the most part, so it can be tricky to select the right clothes. That is fairly usual with UK weather altogether. This year I am buying little as I am not going out much for obvious reasons.   Tracy
    • Carolyn Marie
      Welcome to Trans Pulse, Lee.  I like the fact that you are being careful about the HRT and are seeing a therapist.  That's the right approach.  Please look around the forums, and I'm certain you'll find a lot of useful topics.  We'll be here to help if you have any questions.  Best of luck on this exciting new part of your life.  It is a wonderful thing to finally be who you were meant to be.   HUGS   Carolyn Marie
    • Abi
    • Heathick
      It "violates" many, many common, established social norms, so naturally that makes it extremely scary and embarrassing even to the best of us. It hits upon the deepest core of a person's being, so that can leave the individual completely vulnerable , exposed and emotionally "naked". And imagine facing that at a period in life (preteen/teens) that can already be so incredibly socially and emotionally taxing for anyone.   But that said, for any young person facing all that, I can't think of a better ally than a parent who still accepts them for who they are and still offers their whole-hearted unconditional support. Whether or not your young adult may consciously realize it, that is worth its emotional weight in gold.
    • Heathick
      Hi, Charlie, and welcome! I'm new to this world too (although I've always found anything involving both "gender" and "non-traditional" fascinating.) Maybe others can correct me if I'm being inaccurate in any way, but based on everything I've seen so far:   There is definitely a very popular narrative of "This person knew from early childhood they were the other gender, and it was clear in their personality." IMO, Jazz Jennings is a wonderful example of this, along with her autobiography "I am Jazz". (I really kind of admire her and her family in many ways, and would be thrilled If I ever got to meet her.) But the impression I've gotten is that this particular scenario tends to get promoted the most simply because it's by far the easiest transgender scenario for the general population to digest and accept. Just looking at people's stories here, its clear that, in some ways, people like Jazz are the lucky, "simple" cases. (Not that there's ever really anything simple about being trans...or being human at all for that matter!) For many trans people, it's a long, confusing, often subtle road just to consciously realize and accept that they're trans. And then after that, there's still the daunting questions of "coming out" or even just "what to do next???" (I would know, I'm sitting here in that exact boat at 38!)   There's even plenty of very high-profile cases of late-blooming trans people: There's the obvious examples, Chaz Bono and Caitlin Jenner, of course. I've also heard of a big-name race driver, unfortunately forget who it was. And ever hear of a little movie called "The Matrix"? The famed "Wachowski Brothers" who created it are no longer brothers, they're sisters.   My impression is that, just for basic acceptance (or even basic survival in many cases, given the suicide-attempt rate), the trans community very much needs real-world stories such as Jazz's that are very clear, empathetic, early-childhood examples demonstrating the validity of transgender-ness. For every clear-cut "we knew for certain since early childhood" story such as hers, everyone in the trans community as a whole becomes a little bit safer and more accepted in society.   Given all of that, I'm extremely impressed, and even feel a slight bit shamed, by your child. At 12 years old, I was only just beginning to notice a certain confusing interest, or an apparent fleeting fantasy, in being the other gender. And here I am now, a little over three times that age, I've only just now recognized and accepted to myself that I'm trans, still at square one for where to go from here, and I certainly still don't have the nerve to tell either of my parents or anyone else in my life. So I don't envy your position; I can't imagine how difficult it must be for you, as a parent, to be facing this. But for what it's worth, and I do think this is worth a lot, for your child to be this far along, and this confident, and secure in the love and support from their parent (you) even at the early age of 12(!)...Wow man, forget the 2-5 age group, that's like comparing a piano prodigy to Beethoven himself. I'm telling you, as far as these things go, you're in a very good position, and so is your child (especially with a parent as understanding as you). I wish I could've been in your child's position when I was 12 (But that was the early 90's, it was a different time for LGBT+, to say the least). At this point, if I choose to transition (which I would LOVE to do, all else being equal) I'll have a lot of effects of male puberty to undo, to whatever extent is even realistically possible at all at this point.   The basic takeaways are these: Just by coming here and posting the message you did, that alone proves your child is very well off and is beginning their journey with exceptionally good support. And despite the common, but well-intentioned, public-relations trans-narritive, I wouldn't worry at all about your kid being remotely "late" to their trans-ness. If anything, being already in the position he's in at the age of 12 is not only impressive, but also paints one of the brightest possible futures for a trans-child (that many of us here could be envious of!) When I was that age, in the 90's, I was hiding occasional thoughts of "If I took that pair of scissors to my penis, they would have to make me a girl, right?", And to this day, you're the only person I've ever told that to! So count your lucky stars and know that you and your child are definitely in a very good position, no matter how daunting it may seem!!!
    • Lexi C
      I am not FB fans  but GOOO FB  
  • Upcoming Events