• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

One bad apple

Aro

Most sane rational people will know that within any demographic there are demented people. Even children are capable of cold blooded murder at times but that doesnt mean the whole acts the same however the people who do not realize this terrify me.

I was deep diving mainly for stress purposes. Immersing myself in my fears of being hit by a car kinda helps in the sense that the exposure leaves less up to the imagination if that makes sense. 

Anyway down in the mix there was a body cam video of a hostage situation being resolved. It was astonishing and im so glad that woman was saved but one of the attackers was a trans women. I rolled my eyes at the description thinking great. Here comes the -transgender-'s are mentally ill comments.

Those specific comments dont often get to me. Those are the type of people to yell at you and threaten you but as soon as you gently walk the other way they keep shouting to no one in particular about it. What did concern me were the amount of "trannys need to be locked up in a mental institution" comments stating we were all insanely crazy probably due to the far left being far too agressive when educating people leading the far right to beleive we're all screaming about our genders 24/7. 

One of the ones that made me scared the most was one that started off as something i could get behind. Kidnappers and rapists can just die which yes thats pretty harsh but at least they should get life in prison as soon as information is given that they did it but right under that was trannys. He said if he were dictator he'd kill us all and then a comment below stated that if we were living in hitler's "wonderful" nazi germany that would be the case. 

Now THOSE are the people to beat you, harrass you every time they saw you work to deny you jobs and rights keep you from adopting and keep you from living. 

Those are the people that terrify me. I want to be open about being trans to people but they make me want to just suffer in silence my whole life or transition fully and never tell anyone that it'd been done.

I know i shouldnt fear them because it only breeds the responce they want. I used to be in a trans amino and although they were most likely teens thinking they were being edgy they raved the server posting nazi posters and saying they wanted us dead. 

I am awful at dealing with extreme stress so if i have to ever deal with some of the things trans people go through i dont know if i'd be able to. Atlanta is pretty liberal but if im getting into reptile breeding ill have to travel to get exotics and since a lot of reptile breeders are hard older men idk how they'd accept me.

Plenty are very sweet and kind and could give less than half a -expletive- about anything but their ball pythons but i cant help but wonder if it'll effect my career. 

It makes me even scared to adopt children assuming they'll even let me adopt. I dont want them stressed about hearing others screaming slurs at their father and i dont want them to be harmed in school for me being who i am. 

I just hate people worrying about me in general. I prefer to lock my problems up and help those around me which yes is a bad habbit that i should resolve but i allways prefer to help others. I feel useless if im not doing that so i know when i transition it'll be a -crap- show of defense in my favor when id rather stay in the shadows and help them all succeed. 

I dont know, i know neo nazis want us dead but to hear it really just rattled me up pretty bad. 

Wow perfect timing my piece of -crap- sister just said that because her nephew liked having his nails be painted pink she thought he'd be one of those gross gays. God they're gonna make coming out a living god damn hell. 

Hiya Aro, 

I know it can seem daunting and sensationalized media makes things much worse. 

The only viable solution is exposure. The more of us there are the more understanding we'll generate.

There is no reason anyone should have to hide who they are and fit themselves into the perfectly cubed labels society has built. 

For the moment there is still some fear of ridicule and violence but thanks to so many brave ladies before us we are able to enjoy social acceptance in a great many facets. 

We thank those ladies today by adding to their ranks and holding our heads high!     .....when possible =P

• Forum Moderator

In my opinion, I notice that in society many people love to jump on the bandwagon and pick on anyone who they perceive stands out or cannot easily find support. It is human instinct for people, principally male, to fight to lead the pack, and even those who are quite placid and never capable of showing or proving greatness attempt to show they are better, or at least someone to be counted as part of the pack. People who stand out are many, and may change in different situations and groups. Picture the (unlikely) situation in which 90% of the population was trans. You would likely find that the other 10% would be looked on as odd. Another point is that in the situation of violent crime, the practice of which would be alien to most people, people look for unusual traits in the perpetraitors perhaps so they can diassociate themselves with the crime as being by a fellow human being.

Tracy

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Who's Online   13 Members, 0 Anonymous, 102 Guests (See full list)

• Monique Fish
    • DonkeySocks
    • Astrid
    • Aidan5
    • Jocelyn
    • MiloR
    • Jackie C.
    • Noah A
    • Danusia
    • ElizabethStar
    • MaryMary
    • Carolyn Marie
    • Confused1
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Topics With Zero Replies

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Tawny Robertson
    Newest Member
    Tawny Robertson

No users celebrating today
    • Aidan5
      I caNT BREATHE HAHAHAH MY little sister was playing on the recliner and I am doing school work so I can't really see her, but my stepmom is also sitting on the recliner. SO all I hear, is "Weeeee!" and then a crash (She knocked over her little toy icecream stand) (She is okay) Just the "Weeeee!" followed by a crashed made me laugh so hard xDD
    • Jackie C.
      Chapter IV: A New Hope   So yeah, today's challenge was paperwork! My surgeon has a new hospital affiliation so I needed to fill out absolutely everything about my medical history and sign up with the new system. Some of the questions were really invasive. I mean, why do they want to know my favorite color? And why is it important that they know when I shower?   Getting geared up for the revision surgery on December 16th. No drains and no hospital stay this time. I'll be spending a week out of state mostly by myself in a hotel room with a catheter. I guess with a catheter, you're never REALLY alone, but I expect to fill the time with writing and sketching. In a small way it'll be a relief to not have my wife hovering over me and worrying. There will be a lot of takeout and room service in my future. I'm NOT trekking all over an unfamiliar city with a catheter bag in one hand. I'm just not.   Hugs!
    • DonkeySocks
      @MiloR, track that shame down. Somebody taught you to feel it. Find out where it comes from in your life. It could be longstanding. But admittedly, it can sometimes and in certain cases be dangerous presenting how we want to. So separate out completely false shame from fears that have truth in them. Then you can weigh your options more realistically.   @Jandi, re: the internalized transphobia--ugh. It is absolutely a real thing, as you say. I can't believe some of the ugliness that cropped up in me when I first came to this forum. Some of the prejudices and ugly thoughts I had when I read some of the posts. It had to be deeply ingrained and I'm glad to have role models online to show how NOT to go down that road. I had some of it come up when I looked at the reddit transgender positive group. Looking at it enough made me begin to change my thoughts. But I had to become aware of them first. I don't even know where some of this trash came from, but it's probably twisted up with feeling like what I am is wrong or offensive, so I should be offended in turn. Anyway, not to derail Milo's post, just... yeah, internalized transphobia is something I've been forced to look at lately.
    • Niamh
      For years and years I thought my need to experience being a woman was deeply shameful and I feared ever telling anyone about it let alone the possibility of going out in the big bad world as a woman. But once I had made the step of revealing this need to my wife and getting help from a therapist and people like in this forum I began to realise that there IS NO SHAME in being transgender and now I am proud to be who and what I am.    My only shame is in having been so afraid of revealing how I needed to be to my wife in all those years and that I caused so much hurt to my wife as a result of the lies and hiding of the truth. It's getting better now and she accepts how I am, although has difficulty supporting me.  But when I am Niamh, I feel no shame, and should never do so again. 
    • Noah A
      First of all, I totally agree that fear never goes away until you do it and, until one day you look back and think "what was I so scared about?"   I had the same problem of being afraid of losing parts of myself, and needing to taste the waters first. What I did (and still am doing as of today) is to take it in baby steps. I.e. about the hair cut - you go to a hairdresser and get a short cut, even if it still is woman-style. It's a big step but you have not totally crossed the lines. About clothes - you choose a t-shirt and a button down that look masculine, but combine them with feminine pants that hug your hips. You get the idea. And with every thing you try, you pay attention if it feels right or not.    I totally get the feeling of needing to rush into it. But it actually makes it harder. Small steps get you there faster, because you don't have to deal with so much inner resistance. And truth is, no body is gonna blink an eye at a girl with jeans and a shirt in France, the fear is all ours.   Ah! By the way, something that really helps me... because I might be going in the male direction but I'm gayer than gay... Pick the right shoes, and it's the deal. I don't know what's your style (sneakers, boots, whatever works for you). I put on my low cowboy boots and I feel the kingy queen (???) 
    • Astrid
      Early ballot acknowledged as being received 🙂
    • MiloR
      Don't worry @Jackie C. 😄 But take this nap if you need it though, it's better to be well-rested 😊 Ah, well thanks for sharing @Jandi it made me laugh, it's a good comic 😄 And I get what you say about the beard, I think it was the same with my makeup for a time, I was hiding behind a ton of lipstick to feel safe. Glad it's behind me.
    • Jandi
      I saw this years ago and had to keep it LOL   For me it was my beard.  I had been hiding behind it most of my life. 
    • Jackie C.
      My fault, I was thinking @Danusia for some reason. Maybe I need a nap. It's been a LONG week. 😜   I know it's only Tuesday. Oh my Goddess...   Hugs!
    • MiloR
      I live in France, but yes. You're probably right  I think I'll just try to relax, those questions are driving me nuts these days. If I go cut my hair people won't say anything, that's very likely, you're perfectly right ^^'
    • Jackie C.
      Probably, but I think we all overthink things in the beginning. While I've never lived in Poland, I'd think you'd be able to get a short man's style if you wanted and nobody would think anything of it. The truth is most people are too tied up in their own lives to pay attention to yours.   Hugs!
    • MiloR
      Hey everyone, thank you for all of your answers, it's greatly appreciated, and it's nice to know fear doesn't last forever... Thing is, I know that a more masculine haircut would help me pass more, but I'm afraid of what it represents... I'm afraid to lose myself with doing so, it might sound silly... Cause it's just a haircut and I've had short hair before... And I don't know, going to a hairdresser and paying more for my haircut than a man because i'm born a girl makes me sick... And I'm afraid they would cut my hair short but like short in a woman-like shape. I don't know, maybe I think too much ?
    • Jani
      Well written!  I couldn't agree more. Thank you dear friend! Jani
    • Jani
      Tomorrow is a new day @Shay!
    • JillPilled
      @KayC That's good to hear that it's helping yourself, and yes maybe there's a lesson to be learned and things that could help if brought abroad to help people in more places too :D! We really should be all covering each others' backs in a sense by mutual support and funding, thank you KayC.  I wish or have been hoping here there could be more unity or table-side discussions here too, there's plenty of that on this compared to most communities and its really heartwarming! It's cool to get worldly input from all us who have common experience and identities--there's a shared experience there!   Also I just want to apologize, likewise,  if I've said or expressed anything divisive at all to any y'all--there is enough fear and anxiety about current affairs for all us here who are trans or nonbinary, genderfluid, bigender, that really we could stand to speak openly and still support one another which we direly need still. Civility is super nice/needed particularly now when tensions feel high just about everywhere else. I just repress a lot of political feelings, too on things I see at the cross-roads of my identity/experience and feel really concerned if I were to speak in public discussing politics in general. It can be nice to have a place to do so for sure here and I'd rather not lose that . To return to the original topic, it's good to have some public-acknowledgement by a candidate on the presidential ballot like Biden. I'd hope it'd mean more change to help us, times are really uncertain now.
  • Upcoming Events

Contact TransPulse

TransPulse can be contacted in the following ways:

Email: Click Here.

To report an error on this page.

Legal

Your use of this site is subject to the following rules and policies, whether you have read them or not.

Terms of Use
Privacy Policy
DMCA Policy
Community Rules

Hosting

Upstream hosting for TransPulse provided by QnEZ.

Sponsorship

Special consideration for TransPulse is kindly provided by The Breast Form Store.