• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Transition is going well

KoreyA

Transition is going well with me,people important in my life have been so good to me.So far with me on the estrogen and male hormone blockers which I started on about a week ago,no problems yet.My family,it has been a positive change and the supportive has been great from them.My parents say this isn't a bad loss of a son,see me live a better life and a daughter in the family for the first time.My mom even told me she was praying for a daughter when she was pregnant with me.She did not get one and now has one.My oldest brother and 3 younger brothers,they don't miss the male side of me at all seeing me as a sister.Married,my wife Liz loves it knowing she is getting a feminine husband.My daughter and two sons,they call me Korey most of the time and sometimes dad.I am surprised they have adjusted to the changes with me becoming a woman very well.It has made my oldest son whom I call Taylor now realize he is not alone being bigender.Knows I am bigender as well although Taylor has decided not to transition.This good part has gone well although I did lose a couple friends already which I have moved on.I hated hearing stay out of my life from these now ex friends of mine.Learned to move on keeping my head up high

• Forum Moderator

Thank you for posting such a positive journey.  The loss of a couple of "friends" is not too big a price for honestly living as ourselves.  In your case that is certainly more than outweighed by the continued love of your family.

Hugs,

Charlize

Continued love from my family has convinced me I didn't need those friends in my life anymore.My parents knew I was going gender id problems in my past and know I am going to be much happier as a woman.My brothers,always wanted a sister and say they have one now.

• 3 weeks later...