• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

My journey towards becoming a woman on the outside will start this incoming Wednesday!

Jennifer75

I finally will meet a doctor this Wednesday to get referral towards the people that will start evaluating me :)

I hope that I´ll get to the HRT as soon as possible. The truth is, for me, if I don´t get it I might not even exist.

What are good things to tell the evaluating people? What should I avoid? 

• Forum Moderator

I think the very best advice i can give is simply be open and honest.  I had done my best to hide myself in the world i was "supposed" to inhabit.   Opening up was hard but as i did i found the freedom to be myself and have found acceptance from others.

Best of luck!

Let us know how it goes.  Many here, including myself, have been where you are.  You are not alone.

Hugs,

Charlize

Charlize is 100% right. They are looking for bs. Be honest. That’s all. It can be hard to be so open with someone you don’t know. And you’ll probably be scared they are judging you (I know I was) but you already know this is who you are. And you know why you want this. So simply be honest. And it’ll all be good. 

Congrats Anna!!! Yay! 

Kirsten

Thank you girls!

As soon as my face look a little bit more like my inner picture, I´ll upload a pic instead of the A :) 

I am too much male looking right now, everytime I look in the mirror I feel really bad about myself. I don´t want to upload a pic of me today. But when the HRT starts and I see some change, then I am ready. I'll hide this face as it isn't me. 

You are beautiful as you are. So much of beauty comes from confidence. And confidence comes from loving yourself. 

And I tell you what, going out looking like a guy in girls clothes and makeup and all can be a blast! It’s all about that confidence. Be you! And screw everyone else. ?

Thanks! I'm working on that confidence. But I think once everything has started I'll feel much better, knowing that the journey has begun for real :) 

• Forum Moderator

Best of luck Anna.  Be open and honest.  It's the first step.

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Hi Anna, 

Being completely honest is the only thing you can do, others have said it more eloquently than I will but just keep an open mind.  In the beginning we haven’t even collected all of our thoughts yet, work with what you’ve got and just be you, as others have mentioned they are looking for fabrication and storytelling, don’t bother with these techniques it’s not going to do anything for you...  early on I was hiding much myself and still had trouble being completely open, it’s best to focus on how you really feel rather than what you’re willing to show others, your therapist is going to be there to help you and you will learn as I have they are sometimes your best advocate. 

Hugs, 

Jackie 

Hey Anna

Congrats.  And yes, just be honest and tell them how you truly feel.  Confidence will come.  Don't let anyone push you and go at what makes you feel comfortable.

Lots of Love

Amy

I have a great day! The doctor was very nice and supportive, she has actually been active in a lot of Pride events, so it was a great find for me :) 

I have now a referral towards beginning the process with evaluation etc. It was so easy, I just spoke from my heart and she helped me also from her heart! When I left the doctors room I just had that broad smile on my face even as many people were sitting in the waiting area. No shame! I´ve been smiling all day long.

• Forum Moderator

That is certainly good news to hear.  I feel so happy for you!  It is so enlightening when we first embark on the journey and shed our dark cloak.  Enjoy the day.

Jani

Hello Anna

That is so awesome.  Welcome to your start.  It gets exciting when you first take your very first estrogen.

Lots of Love

Amy

• Forum Moderator

I'm so glad i came back to this thread and can see how well it went.  Hopefully you will continue to find that so many of the fears you had are groundless.  That has been my experience.  At times things are indeed rough but i've found that the smiling all day is part of my life now that i'm honestly living as myself.

Hugs,

Charlize

6 hours ago, Charlize said:

I'm so glad i came back to this thread and can see how well it went.  Hopefully you will continue to find that so many of the fears you had are groundless.  That has been my experience.  At times things are indeed rough but i've found that the smiling all day is part of my life now that i'm honestly living as myself.

Hugs,

Charlize

Thanks Charlize! There is no other road to take than the road that goes forward :) The dice is thrown (or how it goes in English, thinking about Caesar here). No turning back now when the process has begun. I talked for a while with my local transgender friend. I told her that sometimes I have tought about staying male but that only gives me that huge depression. She just told me straight; you are a woman! It hit me even if it sometimes seems easier to stay as you are it is not. Staying in the wrong gender just brings back all that negative energy. Even if it is hard to transition the light will meet you in the end of the tunnel :) I think about like I am on a journey home - my real home, my real body that reflects my inner soul. Wow, now I'm starting to cry happy tears..

• 2 weeks later...

I have had a little break with my MTF transition process as I am still waiting on the letter to get to the first meeting. I've been focusing on work to get the time to go a little faster. I am feeling a little low as waiting isn't easy. How long does those letters take to arrive really? When time passes and I don´t move forward, the depression starts to grow :( 

Anna,

Congratulations on your journey! It can be scary and exciting all at the same time. I just started my journey with hormone therapy in July of this year. I am unsure of the process in your country as to the letter coming, I received my referral from my Gender Therapist the day her and I were ready for me to start hormone therapy with an Endocrinologist. I hope you receive your referral soon! 

All the best!

Kylie

• Forum Moderator

I remember wondering if i would ever be able to proceed with my transition.  I would seem to make progress only to wait for some paperwork or a doctor's appointment.  Try not to get depressed.  It helped me to remember that i had made some positive movement.  Try to enjoy the journey.

Hugs,

Charlize 

• 3 weeks later...

Yesterday my physisican called me. She had actually not covered everything they wanted in the referral. I met her today and we completed everything they wanted to know. So it looks like I am back on track ? 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Forum Moderator

Anna75, I wish you the best.  I had to think about how I was going to approach my Doc too.  In the end, I spoke honestly and she knew I was a candidate for HRT.  Also, i love every one of the responses here. You are all such a great support source.  I really enjoy reading all the great advice on this forum and site.  I agree fully with the great advice by Charlize to be open & honest, especially in this type of situation..

Anna75, 

Wow... what a great topic thread. I'm new to transition too and when I told my family doctor I spoke honestly and openly about my history and my expectations. It went amazing! At my next appointment, 3 weeks later, I was given the prescription for HRT and am going to be living full time in my preferred gender later this month! This all resulted from my having an appointment for prostrate issues last March. After we dealt with the prostrate my MD asked if I had any other serious medical issues that needed to be addressed. What?!? If that wasn't Devine providence pointing out that now was the time to say something! So I did. I started HRT on April 17th and I'm pretty sure things will be fine. I'm happy, comfortable and confident. It's so wonderful that I can finally be myself... I can't stress enough that things are going well because I am being open and honest with everyone I deal with. I even told my doctor that transitioning wasn't something I wanted to do, but that I was going to do. I said that I hoped he could help me but if he couldn't, or wouldn't, it was ok, and I would find someone who would. Thankfully he said he could help me and has. Good luck with your journey Anna75 as you move forward. 

Hugs & Smiles 

Julie J 

• 2 months later...

As I have my half year wait I will start to do the mental work more focused than before concerning the transitioning. 

Today I bought beautiful sexy shoes that I will start to wear often. They are black, short leather boots with quite high heels. Not super high as I have to learn the walk. These will be training boots for me. To learn to walk the female way ?‍♀️

Looking forward to using my new ladies shoes/boots.