• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

For Christians who also happen to be Transgender...

LittleRed

Hello,

I deeply love Jesus and I also happen to be genderfluid (recent discovery). In some searching for like minded people who believe the way I do, I stumbled across a closed group on Facebook called "Transgender Christians". You'll find a very loving group of Christians who GET YOU and want to SUPPORT YOU. 

Enjoy ?

Jennifer

• Admin
10 hours ago, LittleRed said:

I stumbled across a closed group on Facebook called "Transgender Christians"

I am on that site myself and have been there for about a month, it has not been there for long.  I have to warn people there that I do not speak quite the same "dialect" of Christianity that many do, since I am not a Bible literalist.  I am also much more into self managed (via prayer) than clergy managed daily office.   Our journey through the Transition to the peace of self acceptance and serenity cannot be gauged or evaluated by a non-trans person, nor do I believe that any other human can live my journey on the way of the Cross.

Vicky, I understand and respect that. Everyone's journey is going to be unique to them. This journey has just begun (literally) for me and I may just find out the same - or it may not.

I didn't realize the group had not been there for long. I'll have to see where this group takes things. Who knows, it might be interesting.

• 5 months later...

I’m confused why God would create a woman’s mind and feelings in a man’s body? Can anyone answer this question for me? 

Tessa

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Tessa said:

I’m confused why God would create a woman’s mind and feelings in a man’s body?

A better way to see it, is a mind that identifies with things "The World" (aka society) has divided as male or female with that mind in hard disagreement with what is ordered for it based only on body parts.  There are only a very tiny number of things one sexual designation can do that the other cannot.  Beyond those things, neither "gender" needs to be stuck with behaviors that the individuals wish to perform.  I can go over a list of things men are supposed to do by society that are done equally well by each gender.   It is mankind that has created the confusion, not God. 

The  other distinct reason that I see for why this would confuse us is that God is more complicated and truly awesome than God is usually given credit. God gave it to us as a gift to help love creations all the more.  Confusion presents problems for men to solve and resolve, but it takes work.  When humans put perceived human limits on God as God's traits, they have created God in their image and not delved into the truly wide and exciting ways they are much more than they  can imagine. 

• Forum Moderator

Right.  "We" have divided us, not God.  We need to fix this problem and we're making slow inroads. 

I believe In God and Jesus as well. I know God created me to be exactly where and who I am at this exact time and place. I also know God loves me. I know that Jesus died for me. I have a very strong and personal relationship with the trinity. Being yourself and loving yourself and others is what God wants. Kindness and compassion in your heart. Man has used the Bible and Distorted God's word to benefit himself. Used it to control people by fear. Idk, I don't have much faith in humanity but I'm trying. I get really upset when supposed "Christians" preach hate and intolerance. Anyways, it's just my opinion and experience. 

• 2 months later...

I agree as well with Ashlee and Mary Ellen. This is what I try to live by all my life.  Sometimes I am a little too loving and have lost a lot for it. But I am just more aware and cautious, not less loving.  Jesus' main instruction was to love one another. Intolerance is not love. What do we think his example of talking to the Samaritan woman at the well meant?  They were a hated race then, and he just blew their intolerance out of the water.  Don't you think that is what we should do too?

I haven’t been on this site for awhile. I know it’s here when I need it. My woman’s wardrobe has actually increased. I have added dresses, mini skirts, and others to my wardrobe. I love fully dressing as Tessa. I put on an outfit and wig and just sit on the couch and watch a movie by myself. I was brave enough to sit out on my porch fully dressed as Tessa this weekend. I would love to dress and look like her all the time but I’m afraid of judgements. If it wasn’t for my facial hair I could probably get by.  I notice myself wanting to look at dresses in stores but I am to embarrassed to do so. I go to Walmart late at night and buy dresses when less people are shopping. I go through the self check isle. Why am I afraid of what people will think? I still don’t know what to make of the verse in the Bible that says no effeminate men will go to heaven. It’s not like I get just stop the feeling. I feel complete and more confident being Tessa. My brothers would never accept me and my ex will use it against me. My friend said I have a personality disorder. When I’m Tessa I fully know who I am and what I do. So for now Tessa is a secret until I can just get over caring what people think and bring her fully to life.  The minute I’m alone in my apt I become her and it’s like a refreshing shower after a long day! I feel like I’m in my right skin. I only wear panties under my clothes when out in public. I try to pick out guy clothes that are bright and can be unisex. It helps. Thanks for listening ?‍?

Tessa❤️

• Admin
1 minute ago, Tessa said:

I still don’t know what to make of the verse in the Bible that says no effeminate men will go to heaven.

The word mistranslated as effeminate in English has nothing to do with being like females.  The term meant those who took advantage of less able people and who assumed false power over the weak and unprotected Temple Prostitutes of other religion who may well have been young boys who were molested for religious reasons.  Most of the passages with this type of thing referred to religious and social practices OUTSIDE the Christian communities which were small and local at the times the passages were written.  You may not convince your relatives of this without using a 4 x 4 post to the head (and maybe not then) but I doubt the real items mentioned apply to you personally or Trans as a whole.  The claim that Sodom was demolished for Homosexuality is refuted in the Bible in both OT and NT, the OT issue in Deuteronomy is not about cross dressing, it is about mistreating the disabled.  The passage you are at odds with is also a place where translation has been goofed up., big time.

Thanks, my mom pointed this out to me when I was brave enough to show them my wig on. My step dad laughed at me a little and it seemed to stress out my mom. I want to feel like me. I’m trying to be strong but I think I am still to self conscious.  Do you think I would be safe to maybe dress like Tessa and go to a park? Why can’t I be brave and just do it! It’s so frustrating. Anyway, thanks for answering. 

?‍? Tessa

• Admin
Just now, Tessa said:

Do you think I would be safe to maybe dress like Tessa and go to a park?

Why don't you see if there is an LGBT Community Center near you?  They will have programs where Tessa will be safe and new friends to boot.  OutNebraska in Lincoln is listed with a nationwide network of LGBT centers which one I belong to is part of.  The park is not a bad idea, and going out early morning of in the evening when it is safest is probably fine.  I am Episcopalian and if  you call ahead to find out exactly how the Rector or Vicar thinks it would be at that parish, I am betting on Tessa being accepted fully, the church as a national body fully accepts Trans people and has Canon Law to that effect.

5 hours ago, Tessa said:

verse in the Bible that says no effeminate men will go to heaven.

Yeah, Vicky is 100% right with her unpacking for you, the Bible does not say this Tessa. If you are talking about Corinthians Paul is trying to convince the church at Corinth not to copy the cultic practices of the churches around it.  That's why in the following verse even those who had come to faith from those churches were forgiven and accepted through Christ who didn't come to condemn the world but save it. When it comes to guidance from the Bible take Christs commandments as your yardstick.

I use the self service checkouts most of the time too, I haven't been brave enough to go out to a store as Dee yet, but being myself out on a woodland walk felt fantastic. Just dress and be sensible about it, most women do not wear loads of makeup for a walk around the park. I do know when I bought perfume or clothes for my ex or sisters as birthday or christmas presents I was never self conscious and would happily ask for help, I was sent on many an errand for tights and had to ask to get the right denier - never an issue - it is just because I know I am looking for myself I get embarrassed and it becomes a big deal, once I am in that section browsing is fine though regardless of who else wanders down the aisle. :) 

I have reached out to a community center in my area for support. I will wait for them to contact me. I want to be who I am without shame knowing I’m doing what I was called to do on this earth. Life is so confusing right now. My daughter got suspended and my son is going through anger issues. I don’t know if this is all due to the divorce. So I feel my issues shouldn’t matter right now. It’s a hard time for me. 

Tessa?‍?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Tessa said:

I have reached out to a community center in my area for support. I will wait for them to contact me.

It's ok to keep on them as far as contact goes.  I am a Director at my local LGBT Community Center and have to get on some of the others in regard to returning contact calls. 

1 hour ago, Tessa said:

My daughter got suspended and my son is going through anger issues. I don’t know if this is all due to the divorce.

it very likely is issues surrounding the divorce.  Both you and your spouse need to get counseling for them, and give them a part in the formation of your new family relationship structure that they can own.  All of your lives, not just the two parents, are involved in this, and being out of control is a huge source of anger and acting out that you describe here.

1 hour ago, Tessa said:

So I feel my issues shouldn’t matter right now. It’s a hard time for me.  

Your issues actually need to come BEFORE the other family members, since if you are wounded and in pain, you cannot be effective in dealing with their pain.  I know that from experience, hard, terrible experience, both as a child of divorcing parents, and as a divorcing parent of 3 children of my own.  It digs a hole all of you must climb out of if you do not care for all of yourself, instead of simply walking over rocky but more level ground where your work can be better concentrated.

Thank you. 

Since my ex was very controlling I never really got to know who I was. As I age I’m beginning to see there are sides of me left undiscovered due to that they never showed themselves in the marriage. It was always about her never me. So I adopted the attitude that I don’t matter. The hard part for me is finding someone who will accept me. I know my female side is dominant but how dominant? 

Yesterday I was at a bar and I was being socialable and I had these guys laughing. 

They were laughing at a story I was telling them. I felt like I was flirting with them more than just guy talk. I know that I am not gay but trans. There is still that uncomfortable feeling around men that I don’t fit in. No matter what I do it always comes down to this feeling. 

I am a very open person and many people complete strangers tell me about their personal lives. I feel I’m here for all people but yet I don’t understand myself completely.  

Is it ok to feel sexy? To want to get people’s attention? I feel it’s wrong and that I should just stay quiet and reserved but that never works for me. I dress in bright colors and my personality is always bright. Even on the toughest days I can wear a smile. I guess that’s just a part of me.  I love that part! 

I’m rambling now....

Tessa

• Admin
Just now, Tessa said:

Is it ok to feel sexy? To want to get people’s attention?

You bet your best lipstick it is OK!!  LOL

23 hours ago, VickySGV said:

The word mistranslated as effeminate in English has nothing to do with being like females.  The term meant those who took advantage of less able people and who assumed false power over the weak and unprotected Temple Prostitutes of other religion who may well have been young boys who were molested for religious reasons.  Most of the passages with this type of thing referred to religious and social practices OUTSIDE the Christian communities which were small and local at the times the passages were written.  You may not convince your relatives of this without using a 4 x 4 post to the head (and maybe not then) but I doubt the real items mentioned apply to you personally or Trans as a whole.  The claim that Sodom was demolished for Homosexuality is refuted in the Bible in both OT and NT, the OT issue in Deuteronomy is not about cross dressing, it is about mistreating the disabled.  The passage you are at odds with is also a place where translation has been goofed up., big time.

So many of the words and concepts that seem to give people power over others because they see their world spinning out of control have absolutely nothing to do with the actual context that was intended by the original author. First we have to understand the culture of the day, completely, and not some bible story fantasyland that’s been created by a modern puritanical interpretation of the culture. It’s difficult to truly grasp because we don’t live in that culture. Second we have a language barrier that is exacerbated by the culture and translation of the people who edited the words to suit their own agenda several times over in the last 2000 years, but without a full understanding of idiom and metaphor in the original language it can be an obstacle to understanding the original message. Then we have to look at the overall theme of the whole collection of texts and see if these negative mandates actually agree with the universal spiritual principles that transcend all cultures and beliefs. Suffice it to say that many things have been discovered to be grossly misinterpreted, sometimes deliberately, sometimes because of the lack of context, that are always being rediscovered in a new, more genuine light. Unfortunately most people are resistant to being corrected about these things because it forces them to admit that they don’t have power over others they don’t agree with, and that’s why they fight vehemently over issues such as what the Bible says about social behavior and sexuality. They want certainty and control and anything that puts them in the uncomfortable position of re-evaluating it is a threat. Sadly it’s only an imaginary threat but they take it seriously. Why? Because the fear dynamic is so ingrained in the mind of the average person in a religious household that they don’t know what to do without it. Margaret Atwood has explored in her writing how this misinterpretation and fear dynamic can spin out of control and become oppressive. It’s our job to bring these things to light in an ongoing dialogue and to resist the trap of choosing an echo chamber to live in. It doesn’t have to be in the streets on a milk crate but in passing conversion, or even in blogging, or a YouTube video. 

I saw my own father fall for the fear dynamic and retreat into the safety of the Jewish interpretation of scripture only for it to scare him because he realized that what he thought was true was challenged by actually understanding the original language. So then he reacted to this by burying his head in the sandpit of Lutheranism which is even further removed from the original languages. It’s interpretations rely more on the Latin translation of the original languages. So he demonstrated just how far in denial most people are that they seek out their own echo chamber in order to avoid confronting truth. That’s disturbing alone but even more disturbing to me because many of the concepts of Luther were borrowed by the Nazis.

Months ago I purchased this book by Suzanne DeWitt Hall Transfigured:  A 40-day journey through scripture for gender-queer and transgender people ( https://www.amazon.com/Transfigured-journey-scripture-gender-queer-transgender-ebook/dp/B07F5ZGNV8/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?keywords=transfigured+suzanne&qid=1555453982&s=gateway&sr=8-1-fkmrnull)

I found it extremely helpful and very validating. It cleared up a lot of areas in the bible where it's being used to shame transgender people out of being who they truly are. It explains much of why we are the way we are and why its good. I'll be honest that I've only read through 2/3 of it (its a daily devotional) but it is truly freeing.

Another thing is that being Transgender is NOT as sin and was explained so well by this pastor: https://baptistnews.com/article/why-being-transgender-is-not-a-sin/

• Admin

Suzanne and her wife Diane De Witt /Hall are friends of mine and I have read the books as well.  All very good.

Just now, VickySGV said:

Suzanne and her wife Diane De Witt /Hall are friends of mine and I have read the books as well.  All very good.

They seem like wonderful people!