• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

It Went Well

Zedarius

Hello All,

I had my first appointment at the gender Clinic today. It went better than I expected. 

I'd read everything I could find, but-still... Nothing could really make me properly ready. Plus - Anxiety...

But it went really well, and I like the guy I'm seeing.

I have another appointment with him next week :D

That's fantastic, Zedarius! 

It's funny how the actual experience of doing something like this is almost always so much better than what our fear, worry and anxiety make us anticipate. :applause:

• Forum Moderator

Your nerves and anxiety are very understandable.  After all as we confront our gender issues we are making some of the biggest changes that are possible in society.  I'm glad you went to the clinic for help and found a good helper.  Doing this all alone would be even harder.

Hugs,

Charlize

8 hours ago, SugarMagnolia said:

That's fantastic, Zedarius! 

It's funny how the actual experience of doing something like this is almost always so much better than what our fear, worry and anxiety make us anticipate. :applause:

Yeah, it went 100x better than I expected.

For some reason I thought they'd say "no" and turn me away...

My thoughts sometimes... They also now have a terribly writen biography thing done by me...

39 minutes ago, Charlize said:

Your nerves and anxiety are very understandable.  After all as we confront our gender issues we are making some of the biggest changes that are possible in society.  I'm glad you went to the clinic for help and found a good helper.  Doing this all alone would be even harder.

Hugs,

Charlize

I'd been on the clinics waiting list since last year - just waiting for an appointment... Its been ha4d trying to do everything alone, well not "alone", but y'know.

The guy I've got for my appointments seems to be well recieved in the trans communitieswhere I live, so... Even better news :)

• Forum Moderator

Very good for you!   Yes the anticipation is difficult and we tend to over think it so when the date comes and its all good we can breathe a sigh of relief.   Onward you go! 

Jani

Dear Zadarius,

I’m so happy for you.  This is such a big step in your life and I know you won’t be sorry for taking it.  For so many of us we have been in self denial for so long that it takes effort to sort it out but finding the real you and understanding how you fit into the world is a journey worth taking.  Like you, I was scared to death the first time, but now I look forward to the appointment.  

I wish you the best of luck.

hugs

Adaline

Hello again,

I have had my second session - this tone it was a lot better (nowhere near add much anxiety), I am sick though - so that parts not great. 

But - I have the HRT effects document/form (mental, physical, social effects) in my possession.

Next session we'll be going through it, and the other stuff I filled out from last session.  ?

Plus - he's more than happy to write and give me the letter I need to start the process of legally changing my name ?

• Forum Moderator

That is amazing news !  It’s always uplifting when your therapist is really good, personally I look forward to every meeting with my therapist, I can imagine after waiting so long it must be a big relief ...

Hugs, 

Jackie

• Forum Moderator

That is great news Zedarius.  It sounds like you are getting good support and understanding care.

Hugs,

Charlize

Thank you all

And an update. 

I have been given the "Consent For HRT" form. ?

I'll be signing it at my next appointment with the gender clinic - he wants to go through it/HRT stuff with me before I sign it (I'd be worried if that wasn't the case - we didn't get to go through it last session - we went over some... not great... stuff... from recent times).

So... stuff will be happening very soon!

• Forum Moderator

Zedarius my doctor's assistant spent over an hour discussing the health affects as well as the risks involved with HRT.  I found the dime both difficult and valuable.  If you have other questions please bring them up here or in the FTM forum.  

Best of luck with your journey.  I found that simply knowing i wasn't alone on this path helped me find peace with what seems a natural fear of the unknown future.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

My doctor had a presentation that he gave me a copy of after going over it that detailed the pro's and con's of HRT and the various delivery methods.  At the follow up appointment I received a script.  

All my best!!
Jani

• 3 weeks later...

My doctor and I went through the pros and cons and I initialed each one and i have a copy at home. She also gave me a copy of the timeline of changes that I could expect. When I walked out of her office after my first visit, I had the scripts for estradiol and spironolactone.