• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Has anyone used the Virtual FFS service? What did you think of it?

Megan Najjar

A couple of years ago, I came accross Virtual FFS. I have heard that it is a good site for transgender women like myself who want to get Facial Feminisation Surgery one day but I'm paranoid about sites like that. I can't find much testimonial about it, other than from her site. Has anyone used this service before? Are the assessments she writes helpful for surgery? Is the end result accurate, or is it just an artistic interpretation?

• Forum Moderator

I don't know much about it other than it presents possibilities for you.  You can use it to decide if FFS is worth the effort and to engage with surgeons to understand if your expectations are reasonable. 

12 hours ago, Megan Najjar said:

Is the end result accurate, or is it just an artistic interpretation?

Well, maybe.  And yes it certainly is.   You never know until you speak with a surgeon.

Is this the place out of the UK that you speak of?  I seem to recall reading that Facial Team in Spain uses a tool like this to assist in planning.  

Jani

I follow a trans woman on various social media platforms that had FFS with the Facial Team which included the Virtual FFS service. She found it very helpful. 

I looked at it for a long time, but always felt like it was a little too much money for me to justify. I think it would have been fun to have, but having gone through a few FFS consults now, I doubt that it would have been a true reflection of what's possible. There's just too much that can't be taken into account in terms of bone structure and musculature without having decent imagery.

1 hour ago, Jani said:

I don't know much about it other than it presents possibilities for you.  You can use it to decide if FFS is worth the effort and to engage with surgeons to understand if your expectations are reasonable. 

Well, maybe.  And yes it certainly is.   You never know until you speak with a surgeon.

Is this the place out of the UK that you speak of?  I seem to recall reading that Facial Team in Spain uses a tool like this to assist in planning.  

Jani

Yes, that's the place, the one out of the UK by ms. Alexandra. My main goal was to see if FFS would be worth it at all, and see what I should set my goals as, in terms of realistic surgery.

• Forum Moderator

It seems they can do quite a lot with virtual tools and as long as they remain true to the bone structure which will not change a lot.  Unfortunately as they will not be the ones doing the surgery it will only be a guide.  I've heard that many doctors when doing consultations will actually feel for the facial bones to see where things really are under the soft tissue.  It seems to me this is the best approach.  That said, I have seen before and after photos that I would never have believed to be the same person.  Some surgeons are just magical.  I think once you are at a point where you are seriously considering FFS, go and get a couple appraisals.  It will be worth the expense and there is nothing like real data.  

Jani

I am interested in FFS and even talked to my therapist out here about FFS and a few people from group who have had it done.  They have told me it is just remarkable now what they can get done.  I have been told that it all depends on what you want done will add to the price of FFS.

I have been thinking on getting it done around my jaw line to slim it down and probably shrink my nose a little bit and do something with my eyes to make them appear bigger and brighter.

Wonder what a consult would say to that

Lots of Love

Amy

• Admin

I have tried a few "Virtual FFS" sites and then went to a Trans Convention where actual surgeons were giving mini consultations in person.  The surgeons (a total of 4 that I saw) came up with very different concepts than did the Virtual Surgeons, and even each one of theirs were just a bit different, but I seem to be lucky that the only real thing I could have done was just a bit of softening of my  nose, and even there I saw a cosmetologist who showed me how to soften the effect with make-up.  All four surgeons or their assistants said on the bottom line that there was little they could do for me and save my money.  The pictures of me in my gallery here are me, <shrug>.