• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

There are some years without snow here in Puget sound area at sea level for example Jani, then other years we get in the bulls eye of polar air, I will always recall the arctic blast of 1989 Feb, it poured out of the Frazer river valley (BC) and hit with intensity of 60 Mph winds and blowing snow, the cold reached our near minimum all time at 0 F that year and stayed that way for a long time, and then in March that same year we got slammed again, our climate is quite moderate normally, near the water and the Pacific. Before my time was the record winter of 1950 here...

I'd like the looks of Briana's place with all the palm trees about now ?

So here is a question for you that started HRT, do you think the cold weather feels more intense after starting ? I seem to notice I need extra layers out these days in the winter, and definitely use more moisturizers on my skin this time of year.

Cyndee

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

I don't think I noticed much change after starting HRT but I did see some change as I've aged.  Our skin dries and get thinner.  I've noticed my skin appearing more like my mothers as I entered my 60's.  I've always seemed to have a good tolerance to cold weather though so I'm probably not a good case.   

Thanks Cyndee.  So your weather is fairly variable as it is here although I don't recall any no snow seasons.  There have been a number of lean years though which doesn't bode well for the ski industry or our water table since many of us get water from wells.  

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Jani said:

Thanks Cyndee.  So your weather is fairly variable as it is here although I don't recall any no snow seasons.  There have been a number of lean years though which doesn't bode well for the ski industry or our water table since many of us get water from wells.  

climate change must be real...

Ski industry your way is quite important, same here, you have such beautiful mountains, especially in the autumn...

Hugs and warmth

C -

Sitting here reading through the forums, thought I'd pop over real quick and say hey.  I got my T shot tonight.  I was doing it in my arms. Now I know why they say its better in the legs. Less pain, more stays in and it seems to absorb more evenly.  So I switched to my legs.  Tomorrow I go see a general surgeon for hemroids. Sorry if that's TMI ha ha.  I'm nervous, I don't like the idea of surgery but will do what I have to do.  I also have to go by my clinic and get my mental health shot tomorrow.  So busy busy!  Not sure what the weather is supposed to be like, hopefully not too bad. 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning!  Coffee is ready.  And I’m just sitting down for a minute before going to yoga.  Sunny and clear.  Highs in the 70s then another cold front for the weekend.

Have a great day.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Willow said:

Good morning!  Coffee is ready.  And I’m just sitting down for a minute before going to yoga.  Sunny and clear.  Highs in the 70s then another cold front for the weekend.

Have a great day.

Willow

Oh that's sounds wonderful Willow, I am so jealous, we have 19 above right now (that's cold for here), and about 3 inches of snow still on the ground....

I am on my 2nd cup now, just getting caught up on things.

I hope you all have a great day

Cyndee -

Good morning. Another beautiful South Florida day. My daily coffee at my moms and off to the job. As much as I hate working im blessed to have my job. Have a wonderful day

Ashlee ?

• Forum Moderator

Another day off. Hopefully it warms up some I need to fix the door handle on the wifes car. Says a balmy 42 on the back fence, but that is in the shade. Got the new head unit for my crowny yesterday. Now to wait for warm weather to start the stereo system in it. until then I'll put up with the factory am/fm radio.

Try and say warm all.

Hugs

Kymmie

16 hours ago, Susan R said:

It's so rare for us to get any accumulation here down near sea level where I'm at, I thought I'd post a pic of my backyard.

Pretty!  You have to go out and make snow angles.  And a snow woman. 

It's actually chilly here today.  And rainy.  But compared to other parts of the county, it's just fine.  Totally fine.  Last cup of café then clean-up time!  ?

As for yesterday...  Anyone lock their keys in the car lately??  I did yesterday.  First day at new position wouldn't ya know.  LOL  Made for a long day.  And thank goodness for AAA.  The service they sent actually showed up faster than they said.  Whew...  Everything turned out just fine though. 

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Briana said:

PrettyYou have to go out and make snow angles.  And a snow woman.

I wanted to get out into the snow with my wife yesterday but she was a no-go on spending time outside in 25°F temps.  Also I am missing my ski gloves.  I did end up doing my 3 mile walk and I could hardly take my hands out of my jacket he entire walk. 

It sure is beautiful today.  It's sunny but a chilly 28°F and the snow is still everywhere.

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone :)

It has warmed up a bit here now. I think it was down to about 23deg at one point overnight last week but above freezing now. It was good for walking over the crunchy soil though out over the fields. I am looking to make a start on the St Valentines day card for my partner today. I have hand painted one the last two years. I think it is better than buying one. It takes a while to think though :D

Have a lovely day!

Tracy

Good morning! Another fabulous day. Moms for coffee then some frozen yogurt with one of my girlfriends and her kiddos then the last 12hrs of work for the week. Taking a 4 day weekend to se my son before he deploys. It scares me to death. 

Ashlee ❤️

• Forum Moderator
13 hours ago, Susan R said:

I did end up doing my 3 mile walk and I could hardly take my hands out of my jacket he entire walk. 

It sure is beautiful today. 

Susan R?

Good for you Susan, it's harder walking in the snow and ice. It was a beautiful day out yesterday, no wind.

Enjoy that nice long weekend Ashlee, and time spent with your son, that's special.

I am looking forward to getting outside later, more snow expected here by Friday ?

Have a great day all

Cyndee -

Good morning all.  Well, it's chilly here at 35F/1.6ish C.  But, it sure could be worse.  First cup then some study time this a.m. before cleaning up and heading to work. 

Just now, Ashlee said:

Taking a 4 day weekend to se my son before he deploys. It scares me to death. 

Ashlee ❤️

OMG Ashlee - me too. I hope and pray he stays safe. 

• Forum Moderator

I hope your son returns safely Ashlee!

I'll be in the woods and sugar house today.  With 450+ taps which is about 100 more than last year it will be a very busy few weeks ahead.  Next week the goats are due to start deriving birth to this years kids.  The winter "slowdown" is certainly over here.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator
6 minutes ago, Ashlee said:

Taking a 4 day weekend to se my son before he deploys. It scares me to death. 

All my best wishes for a quick and safe deployment.  Give him a big bug and tell him you love him. 

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Morning all.  Can't sleep and I was up really late last night.  It's sure cold out there today.  I'll be missing my gloves today more than ever.  It's 6°F outside right now.  It looks like it's going to warm up some later in the day though.

Susan R?

IMG_0593.PNG

• Forum Moderator

BRRRR that's bitter cold Susan, it's a balmy 19 f here

Life is good though, no complaints, nice not having to drive out in it

Stay warm dear

Hugs

C -

• Forum Moderator

@Ashlee Glad you have four days to spend with your son.  Make good quality time with him.  Good luck to him and may he come home to you safe and sound.

@Susan R there was a time when I was outside at -15f in a summer Air Force uniform.  Why a summer uniform?  I was leaving Ohio and heading for Thailand for an 18 month tour.  We were not to take our winter uniforms with us as the heat and humidity would destroy them.  Since I had just spent 12 months in Denver I was used to the cold.  No way could I stand that today.

Stay warm.

Another day of 70 here.  Could reach 80 tomorrow then back down to the 50s.

Coffee was high test bold and black this morning.  I didn't get a lot of sleep last night either.

Hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Such a variation in temperatures! It's just cold, raining and miserable here today so no morning walk. I am looking forward to my jug of coffee though.

I hope the weekend goes well Ashlee!

Enjoy you day all.

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

We finally joined the rest it is -9 right now. To freaking cold for this girl. Wish I has a nice fireplace to sit in front of, sipping my coffee.

Stay warm all.

Hugs

Kymmie

Good morning all! It's a balmy 5 degrees with a wind chill of -21. Coffee tastes really good right now! 

Hugs,

Brandi

• Forum Moderator

Good morning from paradise. Some are calling it "Snowmaggedon" ? and it's coming. My soul mate was at the Costco store yesterday, the store parking lot jammed full, everyone busy preparing and stocking up, they are hyping the next storm in the media here, it's got people worked up a little. The schools are getting out early in anticipation. There are lot's of hills here in the Puget sound region, and the roads on hills are not very passable when full of snow and ice, and many drivers here are not very experienced when it comes to this sort of thing, hence the dire predictions. Anyway it's a balmy 30 f here as I type this and we still have several inches of snow on the ground from the last round. Coffee tastes great, and we have nice stack of firewood on the back porch.

https://komonews.com/news/local/forecasts-of-5-8-inches-of-new-snow-or-more-prompts-winter-storm-watch-for-region

Have a great day all !

C -

Coffee is done... Life is improving... It's always been improving. Yesterday was just "one of those days"!

Folger's Rulz... Life is good!

Sigh... For years I would wake-up, sit and have my cup. Smoke some weed if I have it and contemplate life and it's insane functions.

What is different today, however, it that now these seeming useless thoughts are just my feminine nature saying, "Good Morning, dear! Life is good! Be your self and keep your chin up"

These thoughts have always been within me. Now I understand. The calming of contemplation has always been from the woman's point of view. I used to call it my logical moment. When all seemed right in the world, just misunderstood. Boy was I missing the point. ROFL

So!!!! Good Morning, Girls!

Thank you for being my friends!!!

?