• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Gotta make a second cup to get started since we "sprang forward".  I'll enjoy the light in the afternoon but it was a dark rainy start today and hard to get out of bed. 

Jordy,   We use the plastic pints and 1/2 pints that one gets at takeouts for soup.  Over the years we've amassed a large collection.  We'll make up a large batch of Rrat-tat-tui and freeze 1/2 pints which are perfect for two on ravioli to pasta.  we also make up batches of chick peas, or humas and freeze them.   Being vegetarian the food prep takes longer so doing large batches and freezing them works well for us.

As a hippie child of the 60's i love jeans with a flare at the base.  Unfortunately affordable bell bottoms are rare.  Tight bottoms and thighs with a flip at the ankle is a lovely combination for me.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone.  Had breakfast and coffee at church today.  It’s a beautiful day today.  Sunny low 70s.  A little breezy because some storms are predicted for later..

went St to a local group meeting last night.  I say local but it’s really 90 minutes away.  

Met eat some new to me people.  The group is transgender support but just like here welcomes all.  

Bought some summer clothes.  A couple skorts, a pair of shorts, capris and some tops.  That should be enough.

cant say I have any mom jeans.  I don’t have any women’s jeans.

Have a great day. Pray there aren’t any bad tornados like the ones that killed 24 people last week.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Charlize said:

As a hippie child of the 60's i love jeans with a flare at the base.  Unfortunately affordable bell bottoms are rare.  Tight bottoms and thighs with a flip at the ankle is a lovely combination for me.

Me too!.  I remember that originally my Dad wouldn't let me wear bell bottoms as he thought they were for the girls.  My Mother convinced him otherwise and my first pair was a dress slack.  After that it went fine!

It's snowing today but will warm up and turn to rain later.  Yesterday was nice out and I can tell spring is coming as I saw a guy pulling his boat (shrink wrapped) home from storage.  That and a number sports cars were on the road.  A bit early for that I think!  There's ice on the lake still but it won't be long before its out.  

Good morning y'all!

No coffee for me this morning! Electrolysis! Just thought I'd pop in 'n say hi!

I'm finally seeing some results. My chin is nearly smooth. Working on jaw line now.

With dominant Native genes I don't have much facial hair so it is not real intense. 

I really feel for the girls that have 5 o'clock shadow by noon. Takes me a three days min get even close to ANY shadow. 

• Forum Moderator

Hi, coffee is good today. Had a donut too!  I don’t intend to worry about facial hair.  I can shave close enough and cover it with makeup to pass and add a little touch up for the evening.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

I had an electro appointment today but it was cancelled as she is sick.  Of well.  Its election day in my town so I'll be going out soon to the town hall to vote. 

Whew! Torture session complete...

Can't wait to get home for some COFFEE...

• Forum Moderator

Had to take the wife to her early AM appointment in Denver today. This was a yearly appointment everything was good, so now don't have to go back for 2 yrs now. Left last night stayed at a LaQuinta last night. Actually able to wear a woman's one piece in the hot tub/pool for the first time.

Back home now to wait for the blizzard expected to hit early AM. Wait and see if we get anything.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Actually able to wear a woman's one piece in the hot tub/pool for the first time.

Whoo Woo!   Good for you!!!

6 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Actually able to wear a woman's one piece in the hot tub/pool for the first time.

That's S O amazing, Kymmie!!!

• Forum Moderator

Good morning,  coffee and donuts this morning.  

Yesterday was was a very difficult day for my wife, it should have been Daphne’s tenth birthday.  

Willow

• Forum Moderator

I am sorry for your loss Willow.  It will be 23 years since we lost our younger 13 year old son and his birthday is still difficult for us.  Time mutes the pain but it always remains.

I am closing down the sugar house as the maple syrup season is over for us.  Lots of cleaning as well as the processing of the remaining sap in the evaporator(around 50 gal.)

It has been a good year for us.  The first 30 gals. i bottled has already sold.  Now to bottle 100 more before turning my attention to repairing fencing, barn cleanup and all the later spring chores.  

I'm glad for the push this coffee gives me along with that warmth in the tum.

Hugs,

Charlize

Good Morning Ladies!

Have an 8 o'clock today with my therapist. Should be a good visit as things are leveling out at last.

I still have my dysphoric moments. Especially on electrolysis days but yesterday's compliments have me on a much deserved high point. Things have been so... So.... Ummm... Topsy-turvy?

I can't explain it. On my third cup. I did some eye makeup but no foundation today. I like to wait a couple days before full face!

I won a raffle last Sunday! Grand Prize for a surprising change!  $50 gift cert at ULTA... Wooohooo!

Date night this month will sport a full makeover and a new dress. I am soooo excited! I will be sure to post pics!

Well... Off to the bus stop. See y'all later!

*poof*

• Forum Moderator

So far 4 1/2 inches of the white crap. and still coming down. with schools closed the wife didn't have to go in. But alas I still do. closing the store. started our summer hours so open till 9. I have a feeling it is going to be boring the later in the day. could be down right dead this evening.

Stay warm everyone.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Willow you are not alone.  Yesterday would have been our son's 34th birthday.  While time does make getting through the day a bit easier, the pain is still there.  We always wonder what would he be doing now.  

Hugs, Jani

• Forum Moderator

Low and behold I am actually home now. We closed early because of the weather. 9 1/2 inches so far. can't get in or out of town. Due to cancellations I go for surgery at 6:30 am instead of 1 pm tomorrow.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Kymmie,

I hope your surgery went well and everything is good.

Everyone,  Thank you for the supportive thoughts around my Granddaughters should have been 10th birthday.  I think of her every day and miss her very much.  Even when she knew it was a matter of hours, she still did her best to acknowledge me and tried to smile.  Such a brave little girl.

Beautiful day today, 70s today and tomorrow.  Then the big storm front will blow through here and we are back down to the 50s and eventually the 60.  This has been a really strange winter.

Hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator

everything did go well. had to wait for the Dr. he got stuck coming in.

Looks like I may be off work till the 20th. when I go back to the Dr. hard to do much of anything with one and  half hands.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

I am glad things are on the mend Kymmie. It's at times we don't have them that we realise how much our hands do.

Just had my breakfast and first cup of coffee. It sounds somewhat windy outside. It could be a breezy walk this morning, but the route to the chipshop is through wooded areas so if not too windy it will be OK. I hope it is a bit more relaxed than yesterday. When I got home I realised just how tiring it had been going on a five mile walk in a gale. The open fields so only shotblasted by soil at the odd point, and a few stinging drops of rain. At least it was not cold and my exertions kept me warm :)

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

We are due for a rainy but warm! day here.  Yesterday was beautiful.  I'm finishing up the final boils of the sugar season and beginning todo the clean up.  Had my first tick yesterday.  I hate to see they are already out.  Have to start spraying my clothing.  I've had limes several times over the years and despite the vaccine had problems last year with two rounds of powerful antibiotics due to tick bites.  
I love my work outside but with the new species from overseas and the warming of the earth the insect problems are much worse.

Oh well .....i'll have a second cuppa and enjoy another day!

Hugs,

Charlize 

• Forum Moderator

Oh those nasty ticks !! Spring is just about here

On my 2nd cup here, and looking forward to the weekend

Have a great day all

Cynthia -

• Forum Moderator

good evening all. Had my first experience taking a bath since 2000. It was interesting to say the least. I did get washed and shaved though. Had to do some of the required gymnastic moves to do it. 

Have a good night ladies and gents

Hugs,

Kymmie

Ticks already? Where in the world is there any place without ticks? Antarctica? I’m pretty sure there’s tick fossils there somewhere. 

It’s definitely not spring yet. Too dark and gloomy still. The wind has been so violent lately that it’s probably not a good idea to fly a kite. One afternoon the temperature was supposed to be almost 60 but it felt like it was 23 and I was not dressed warm enough. Weather channel lied. 

• Forum Moderator

I think meteorology isn't an exact science. Don't believe it ever will be.

Kymmie

They could at least give accurate temperature in the “right now” section. That’s just supposed to be a measurement from a local weather station. Nothing to predict there.