• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Ha! Summer?  We just passed through Spring.  I think it was for a few hours overnight while we were sleeping!  Its gone from cold to hot today.  Spring has been MIA recently.  I still need to get out and plant flowers.

I hope your PT is going well. 

Jani

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Good morning, we had a gorgeous evening out last night in the upper 70's, today it's back to showers and we might make 60 today. Such is the oscillation. Just taking the nail polish off toes this morning as it's time to let them breath a few days. I bought a new dress yesterday at Costco (?!), never thought of Costco as a fashion stop, but this little number at $ 14.99 was too hard to pass up, built in shelf bra, and side pockets (how practical). Have a great day all

C -

Ellora I hope I didn’t make you spray coffee all over. 

Thunderstorms again tonight and then another temperature drop? I don’t mind the cooler weather but the rain is a little depressing sometimes.

Just now, Josie Beth said:

Ellora I hope I didn’t make you spray coffee all over. 

Thunderstorms again tonight and then another temperature drop? I don’t mind the cooler weather but the rain is a little depressing sometimes.

Haha! I almost laughed too loudly, it was early over here. lol. 

Partially cloudy skies, with a bit of blue and a nice coastal breeze. It shouldn't rain again until Saturday. I dont mind the rain, as long as i dont have to drive in it. I love to fall asleep at night to the rain.

Yes it’s good to sleep in but sometimes it’s too much sleep. 

• Forum Moderator

Woke to about 6-7 inches of snow. And it is a month into spring. I want to punch mother nature in the face. LOL. Well staying in my PJ the rest of the day ( unless I absolutely need to go out.) And drink coffee.

Kymmie

19 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Woke to about 6-7 inches of snow. And it is a month into spring. I want to punch mother nature in the face. LOL. Well staying in my PJ the rest of the day ( unless I absolutely need to go out.) And drink coffee.

Kymmie

6-7 inches of snow??? Wow!   

Here in Maryland its a pleasant morning, surprisingly dry and cool.  55 and sunny.

Unfortunately, the heat and humidity of summer are coming back in tomorrow.

• Forum Moderator

We went from spring to mid August and back to spring all in a week. Back to mid August this weekend 90s and humid.

So Tuesday night...

I put some laundry in the washer, and fell asleep on the couch before putting it in the dryer and folding it afterwards. I then remembered half way through my day, that I forgot completely about my laundry. No biggy, except. I was doing my laundry at my friends house. And I haven’t told my friend that I’m in mid transit (? ?) , and even though she probably wouldn’t mind. It’s kust I’m thinking about the initial surprise, to find some other women’s thongs mixed in with some of my more familiar shirts. ?. Then I thought, well that’s an ice breaker for you. 

In the end, I ended up getting back before she did, and finished the laundry. No biggy. 

PS: I’m planning to tell her within the next week, anyway, I’ll keep everyone posted ? 

• Forum Moderator

Well if they checked, they won't need to be told by you.  The washing machine will rat you out! 

Just now, Jani said:

Well if they checked, they won't need to be told by you.  The washing machine will rat you out! 

Haha! The washing machine kept its lid shut, ?.i Especially laughed when I opened the dryer later while dinner was being cooked, my black laced thongs fell out of the delicates bag they were in and were all over the place in the dryer ?

Good morning Everyone! It’s another day Full of possibilities and adventures, big and small, far and wide. Cheer up, We are all here! Ok Where’s my coffee! 

It rained this morning, but I was hoping there would be more. I love to go to sleep and wake up to the sound of rain. It might rain tonight, so there’s is that hope.

i am surprised I’m not still asleep, I was up until 2am-ish playing WoW with @Blair !!! ?!! She also Joined my Guild! Squeeee! We had a fun time chatting while questing. Took silly ole me a bit to get to her, it has been a while since I’ve been to that part of the WoW world. ? Leveling her will be easier when we can do some good ole dungeon runs. Either way, I’m sure it will be fun. I enjoy helping her, and I know how much fun it is to level, so that will be fun too! 

If there are any of you that play, or want to play WoW with us, feel free to join, and or ask us about playing. It would actually be crazy cool to start our own guild come to think of it. I have never done that in WoW, I shall have to look into it! 

Well, it’s time for me to get out of my cozy bed, and make breakfast. I hope everyone has a great morning and day! Xoxox! ????

Good morning friends,

It's raining here in Iowa, as it has been for close to two weeks now. First thing I did this morning was head down to the basement to check the sump pump. My house flooded 3 years ago and I'm not keen for a repeat of that.

All the fields in our area are flooded (the dirt roads are mostly impassable) and I worry for the crops. Corn and soybean fields are starting to look like rice pastures. Soon we will be swampland, like Florida, with just as many mosquitos!

I'm up before work to study for an exam I'm taking Thursday. I'm a non-traditional student with a year and a half left before I graduate.

Happy Memoral Day everyone. Get ready to grill with umbrella hats on.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTcKYB0fTrrPO-3g93a4I7

On 5/20/2019 at 8:23 AM, Charlize said:

We finally got a break in the rain yesterday.  I managed to clean the barn's accumulation of 12" of packed straw and manure from 40 goats.  It is indeed one of the labors of Hercules.  This old gal is blessed with some good equipment or i'd never manage it.  At times i wonder if i'm really retired........then i have another cup of coffee, chat here and commute out the front door.  Lovely!

Hugs,

Charlize

That's a lot of stall shucking. My back hurts just thinking about it. Do you use the manure or is it no good? I'm not familiar with goats except when they've headbutted me a few times.

• Forum Moderator

Stay dry @Reyindium, it always rains here in the Puget sound area on Memorial day weekend, and Saturday was really wet here, today we expecting it to be dry and possibly 70's later. Coffee tastes great, we sold our RV recently and a guy is supposed to come today and take it away. That means we get half our drive way back !! I won't know what to do with all of that space again !

Have a great day all

C -

20 hours ago, Ellora said:

Good morning Everyone! It’s another day Full of possibilities and adventures, big and small, far and wide. Cheer up, We are all here! Ok Where’s my coffee! 

It rained this morning, but I was hoping there would be more. I love to go to sleep and wake up to the sound of rain. It might rain tonight, so there’s is that hope.

i am surprised I’m not still asleep, I was up until 2am-ish playing WoW with @Blair !!! ?!! She also Joined my Guild! Squeeee! We had a fun time chatting while questing. Took silly ole me a bit to get to her, it has been a while since I’ve been to that part of the WoW world. ? Leveling her will be easier when we can do some good ole dungeon runs. Either way, I’m sure it will be fun. I enjoy helping her, and I know how much fun it is to level, so that will be fun too! 

If there are any of you that play, or want to play WoW with us, feel free to join, and or ask us about playing. It would actually be crazy cool to start our own guild come to think of it. I have never done that in WoW, I shall have to look into it! 

Well, it’s time for me to get out of my cozy bed, and make breakfast. I hope everyone has a great morning and day! Xoxox! ????

Never thought about a guild. I’m not currently able to play because computer is waiting to get repaired but if I ever find the time to fix it I’ll be interested. Been years since I’ve played WoW. I’m sure a lot has changed. I used to play something called Ryzom a few years ago that was similar. Mainly French speakers.

• Forum Moderator

Goat manure is a fine topic to consider as i have my first cuppa, oatmeal and blueberries.  As ruminants the manure is free of weed seeds so it makes an excellent source of nitrogen.  We compost ours for at least a year by which time the straw and hay waste is fully composted prior to loading the manure spreader and adding it to the field.  I'm mostly able to do the cleanup using a front end loader fitted with long forks,  That way i rarely have to do much shoveling.  My girls and even the bucks follow me around from pasture to pasture like little Mary leading her lambs.  They all have horns but i'm the lead goat so nobody messes with me.?

Hugs,

Charlize

Never thought about a guild. I’m not currently able to play because computer is waiting to get repaired but if I ever find the time to fix it I’ll be interested. Been years since I’ve played WoW. I’m sure a lot has changed. I used to play something called Ryzom a few years ago that was similar. Mainly French speakers.

Hi! That would be so cool if you could! The more the better! You could always join the guild I’m in already, it’s a quiet guild, but it has been around for a while now, and already has most everything already. The people are very cool too! They do not know about Ellora, and that is fine with me, I don’t feel the need to talk to them about that yet. I haven’t really talked to them about my life anyway, so why mention anything else? 

Anyhooo, totally hit us up when you can play Wow, or any other online game that we all might have. I’m willing to try other games. It’s fun to play and chat! (Atm we are just text chatting , and haven’t tried headphones yet.) 

A lot has changed A Loooooooooot! Especially the Mage Tower in Stormwind! Blizzard Pimped the heck out of it ? ?. Just ask @Blair! Really ? . They have new characters, so you should like that. More places and content for sure. I was away for a year, and they added a whole new set of races! 

Come join us! Come one, come all!

• Forum Moderator

Well had a short visit with my middle son and his family. They came Sat and left Sunday. With stupid work I was only able to get to see them at lunch yesterday. Then they headed home.

It is my Wednesday of an 8 day week. Even took off early yesterday to spend some time with my grandson to no avail. Luckily they only live 2hrs away So sometime when I get a Saturday off. Without asking for it ( probably when the devil gets a fur parka) we will head that way.

Thanks to all our Veterans here for their service. we couldn't be us without there sacrifice.

Happy Memorial day, everyone. Remember it is not just a 3 day weekend.

Kymmie

Spending Memorial  Day inside because the forecasted high is 101F. Just finished my breakfast about 30 minutes ago. Most of my day will be spent relaxing and enjoying good books and/or tv. Today is my last day of freedom before I start back work for the summer, lol. 

• Forum Moderator

We reached 100 yesterday and we could again today. Very unusual for this early. We haven’t had much rain either in fact we are considered to be heading for a drought.

id like some of your excess rain so send some our way.

willow

3 hours ago, Charlize said:

Goat manure is a fine topic to consider as i have my first cuppa, oatmeal and blueberries.  As ruminants the manure is free of weed seeds so it makes an excellent source of nitrogen.  We compost ours for at least a year by which time the straw and hay waste is fully composted prior to loading the manure spreader and adding it to the field.  I'm mostly able to do the cleanup using a front end loader fitted with long forks,  That way i rarely have to do much shoveling.  My girls and even the bucks follow me around from pasture to pasture like little Mary leading her lambs.  They all have horns but i'm the lead goat so nobody messes with me.?

Hugs,

Charlize

That's nice you've got that sort of equipment. What do you grow? We see a lot of rotation of feed corn and soybeans to help with the nitrogen in the soil. Not too many goat farms around here...we are too preoccupied with growing America's bacon.

You're the alpha goat, huh? Too funny. My granny has the same relationship  with her collection of Shetland Ponies.

When I think about Memorial Day, I reflect on my grandfather. He was part of the greatest generation. He grew up in Pennsylvania in the church of the brethren, what we know as Quakers. They were pacifist but he still felt the call to do something because my grandma grew up in China and the Japanese were devastating the Far East. So when a spokesman for China/Burma/India came to his army camp, he took the offer to get out of his contract with the army and go to Burma (now Myanmar) and serve under the British. This was also how the flying tigers were born as a volunteer Air Force. He never raised a gun in anger and often didn’t even have one, but he did a lot to help many people even though the danger was immense. From helping build the Burma road to hand carrying rice through the muck and mountains, he helped define the legacy of the era. He made it home safe and when I knew him he was the funniest person I’ve ever seen. Always full of humor and generosity. I miss him a lot. I’ll never forget the day I cleaned his medals and put them in a shadow box. I was only a small child playing in the basement when I made the discovery. They were hidden in the basement in some dusty drawer. My grandma suggested I clean them up and give them to him. Once I was finished I walked up to him and revealed the wooden frame with the awards inside. He cried and said “thank you!” Only now many years later, having been in the service myself, do I understand the well of emotions that came out that day. It’s deep and decorated with hidden scars. 

When I think about Memorial Day, I reflect on my grandfather. He was part of the greatest generation. He grew up in Pennsylvania in the church of the brethren, what we know as Quakers. They were pacifist but he still felt the call to do something because my grandma grew up in China and the Japanese were devastating the Far East. So when a spokesman for China/Burma/India came to his army camp, he took the offer to get out of his contract with the army and go to Burma (now Myanmar) and serve under the British. This was also how the flying tigers were born as a volunteer Air Force. He never raised a gun in anger and often didn’t even have one, but he did a lot to help many people even though the danger was immense. From helping build the Burma road to hand carrying rice through the muck and mountains, he helped define the legacy of the era. He made it home safe and when I knew him he was the funniest person I’ve ever seen. Always full of humor and generosity. I miss him a lot. I’ll never forget the day I cleaned his medals and put them in a shadow box. I was only a small child playing in the basement when I made the discovery. They were hidden in the basement in some dusty drawer. My grandma suggested I clean them up and give them to him. Once I was finished I walked up to him and revealed the wooden frame with the awards inside. He cried and said “thank you!” Only now many years later, having been in the service myself, do I understand the well of emotions that came out that day. It’s deep and decorated with hidden scars. 

Your grandfather sounds like he was an incredible man and I wanted to thank you for sharing his story. You honor him by remembering this way.

Thank you for sharing this with us. And thank you for your service as well.

• Forum Moderator

Thank you for sharing Josie Beth.  My father was a newly qualified surgeon as the second war broke out.  He and my mom had married but before they could start a family he found himself island hopping through the pacific.  He described landing on beaches and finding cover as bullets went over head.  He carried a revolver but felt a bit "outgunned".  He didn't have many medals just experiences he rarely shared with his family.  He continued to serve in the National Guard until retirement as a full colonel.  I hope he was able to share with others there.

Today it's raining on our farm.  As it's my birthday i'm simply taking it easy and not trying to get anything "done".  I'm finishing my last cup for the day.  

Hugs,

Charlize