• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

@Ellora hope everything goes well tomorrow.  Keep the peas handy.

willow

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Willow said:

@Ellora hope everything goes well tomorrow.  Keep the peas handy.

willow

Thank you @Willow ! haha! Bought some today. I need to find the remote for the room i will be staying in when im done. I can always go the den, but i think a bed will be needed afterward, ?.  Thank you again! 

(I love the Name Willow, I picked the name Ellora, from the movie "Willow," Elora Danan. Ive always liked it since watching the movie when it came out, back in 1988. Low budget and underrated movie, with some Great Actors too! It came out in Digital on VUDU, I bought it immediately! )

• Forum Moderator

Good Morning from LA, coffee in the hotel is just so so, looking forward to nice visit with friends today and then on to San Diego later. 

Have a great day

C -

• Forum Moderator

Good morning all from San Diego, the coffee tastes better in this hotel, the sun is just starting to come up now. 

Here is the view from my hotel room, that's Coronado island in the background, with the navy ships parked there. It's hard to call this work, but they do pay me to do this ? Have a great day ! C -

Just now, Cyndee said:

Here is the view from my hotel room, that's Coronado island in the background, with the navy ships parked there. It's hard to call this work, but they do pay me to do this ? Have a great day ! C -

What kind of work do you do?  Its great when you get sent somewhere interesting.  My last interesting work trip was Montreal, and that was 5 years ago...

• Forum Moderator
Just now, lauraincolumbia said:

What kind of work do you do?  Its great when you get sent somewhere interesting.  My last interesting work trip was Montreal, and that was 5 years ago...

Hi Laura, I am a Sr network analyst for a large multi national company, I don't travel for business as much as I used to, but now and then they send me off on these assignments. 

Cheers 

C -

Beautiful view @Cyndee! I could see the Aircraft carrier if I was on the apartment roof, I miss the view when they let us go up there. 

C8097B97-D1D9-4ACD-B141-15DB3F0B85A6.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

@Ellora i think it's amazing how the flight path for SD airport takes the jets so close to the freeway and city. When I was coming into town the jets were like so close to me ?

Just now, Cyndee said:

@Ellora i think it's amazing how the flight path for SD airport takes the jets so close to the freeway and city. When I was coming into town the jets were like so close to me ?

It is neat when they route airplanes into airports like that.  Reagan National airport in DC (Technically, Northern Virginia) has a similar flight path.  If coming in from the west, the planes stay right over the river and some highways.  Its really neat to watch.  

5 hours ago, Cyndee said:

The flight path is about two blocks away. The noise isn’t too bad, unless they take off in this direction, it isn’t so loud when they are powering up instead of down when landing. 

The next time you fly in, look to the right, I live in the three story, Reddish (as in old red paint ?) old apartment building, and wave ?. I used to love to go on the roof , with my coffee and breakfast in the mornings. And tea in the evening for sunset. I would be posting from the roof if I could . Someday they will allow it again...

4 hours ago, lauraincolumbia said:

It is neat when they route airplanes into airports like that.  Reagan National airport in DC (Technically, Northern Virginia) has a similar flight path.  If coming in from the west, the planes stay right over the river and some highways.  Its really neat to watch.  

That’s cool, must be a site to see, I can’t remember if I’ve taken that route yet. 

Sometimes, North Island routes take the SD Lindbergh route when they are heading in from the east, instead of the pacific. 

When I was a kid, I lived in University City, and NAS Miramar flight path was pretty much across the street. They flew extra low, cause the neighbor across the street was a high ranking officer in the pacific fleet. ? Everyone would go out and Wave to the pilots, yes we could see them waving back in their Phantoms, loud and proud. Very cool thing for the kids and family. If you know San Diego, you know it’s a huge military town, especially when the  NTC was still next to the airport. NAS Miramar was also know as Fighter Town USA, and Hollywood famous from the movie “Top Gun”. Oh one the the scenes was shot down the block where Kelly McGillis pulled over Tom cruise after leaving NTC. (Nostalgia! ?) ooooh and  way back before the 90s , the blue angels would do some crazy fly overs before and during their shows. 

• Forum Moderator

Took a walk along the Squamscott River in Exeter this afternoon.   The Cormorants were sunning themselves on the dock at the Phillips Exeter Academy Crew Boathouse.

20190607_173026.jpg.057ca671027471d40110d7a2be742cc1.jpg

This is the ramp and the chase boats.

20190607_173032.jpg.ec009337f5fbb211b1348a0a8422a125.jpg

• Forum Moderator

That looks like a beautiful spot Jani, nice day there !

C -

• Forum Moderator

I would love to take a walk around there Jani. It looks lovely!

Tracy

No fair, everyone else has a picturesque view and all I have to look at is parking lots and dumpsters. ?

• Forum Moderator

I remember the that walk along the Squamscott from many years ago. (over 50)    My dorm was quite close and when the tide was up it was a lovely place.  As the tide fell and the salt marshes were exposed the odor made the walk less inviting. 

Today i'll be weaning the baby goats.  The normal quiet on the farm will be shattered by the cries of separated moms and kids.  What a meanie.........unfortunately its part of the process as the kids get so big they can hurt their moms.  I cringe as they nurse.  I know my girls couldn't take that abuse

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

Charlize, you are so mean to those kids. LOL.

Another day shift, I could actually get to like these. (really I do,  don't tell anyone) However didn't want to get out of bed, to comfy. hopefully the coffee will energize me some. 

Have a great day all.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Charlize said:

I remember the that walk...

I was thinking of you as I walked.  The tides were high then.  I don't recall any bad odor when the tides are low now.  I think the water is cleaner now more than ever.   

• Forum Moderator

Hope you all had a good start to the week. Mine has been eh. My dysphoria was running a muck earlier today. but slowly faded away. Finally got the wheel spacers so I able to put the new shoes and socks on our Crown vic. Now all I need it the front bumper cover. I was able to find one that would come painted in the factory colors for 350. Not bad considering just a plain unpainted bumper cover is almost 250. The you would have to get it painted. 

Today was my last day shifts for a bit. 2 night shifts then going to visit the grand babies and their parents. over the weekend. The Monday is a half day and to the hairdresser for a style. Not sure what I will get. defiantly something leaning toward the feminine side. LOL

Kymmie

Morning everyone.

I'm the only employee who chooses to work on Thursdays this summer, and as a result, Thursdays draaaggg by because there's no one to talk to and usually little to do. I still have over 5 hours left before I clock out for the week. I am getting my full time in, but I'm probably going to need several cups of coffee or caffeine to keep me awake, lol. 

1 hour ago, Motormouth95 said:

Morning everyone.

I'm the only employee who chooses to work on Thursdays this summer, and as a result, Thursdays draaaggg by because there's no one to talk to and usually little to do. I still have over 5 hours left before I clock out for the week. I am getting my full time in, but I'm probably going to need several cups of coffee or caffeine to keep me awake, lol. 

That's pretty amazing that your work is so empty on a Thursday!

I work from home home if not having to visit customers, so when it's more than a day or two, I do find that it's hard to stay focused and awake.

Just now, lauraincolumbia said:

That's pretty amazing that your work is so empty on a Thursday!

I work from home home if not having to visit customers, so when it's more than a day or two, I do find that it's hard to stay focused and awake.

Thursdays are our Fridays, and with it being summer, we only have a few (5) tutors on hand (i currently work at the college i attend until the end of July). I'm the idiot who decided to work on Thursdays (we set our own schedules).  However, most of our classes don't meet on Thursdays, so few students are on campus. Therefore, I'm usually stuck twiddling my thumb and end up playing on my phone or tablet. 

I would enjoy working partially from home because I'm an introvert, but I couldn't do it full time. I need to get out a few times a week. 

Just finished lunch, which included a soda, and I'll need at least one more energy drink or 2 to make it to 4 o'clock. 

Belated Good morning! It feels amazingly wonderful to actually cross my legs , and not have that somethings in the way feeling ?

Happy Saturday!  I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!