• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

@Debra Michelle Any chance you've ever been to Sperryville Virginia?  For many years there has been a bar there owned by one of the actors from Dukes of Hazard and an original General Lee (there were actually quite a number of them used in the filming)  Been a while since I've been there so I don't know if it's still there.

@lauraincolumbia Sorry about your mom.  I had to move mine into assisted living a number of years ago and she really liked it there.  She had been lonely in her big house with few visitors and nothing much to do.  Hopefully it will work that way for yours as well.

Willow

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Willow said:

@Debra Michelle Any chance you've ever been to Sperryville Virginia?  For many years there has been a bar there owned by one of the actors from Dukes of Hazard and an original General Lee (there were actually quite a number of them used in the filming)  Been a while since I've been there so I don't know if it's still there.

@lauraincolumbia Sorry about your mom.  I had to move mine into assisted living a number of years ago and she really liked it there.  She had been lonely in her big house with few visitors and nothing much to do.  Hopefully it will work that way for yours as well.

Willow

Did 3 years ago

Morning all. It's been quite a while since I have had time to post so I am trying to catch up. Just thought I would share this pic taken on March 29th. No, I'm NOT getting married! Just having fun!

IMG_7003.JPG

• Forum Moderator

How fun Brandi :) I've always wanted to wear wedding dress.

Coffee is on here, it's a nice comfortable afternoon, right about 70 and overcast, we had drizzle this morning, gonna head outside...

Hello all! I’m out of ice coffee so I’m going to have to go get some in a few minutes for the next week.  I have been very absent lately just trying to figure out what to do next after two weeks of unplanned vacation at home and doing some part time temp work here and there but I’m ready to find something more permanent and transition friendly. I’m also finally going to work in a visit to the local clinic somehow because I really need to be more proactive with transitioning. It’s been a time of ups and downs and I’m ready for more stability and more permanent results. I guess the last several months have given me time to reflect on my needs and putting them up front instead of losing touch with who I really am. The more I think about transitioning the more I realize that this is really what I want. It’s like the predominant thought process and I can’t really think about anything else. I’m clearer about what I need to accomplish in the future. It’s not going to be fast because I’m facing some obstacles that need to be taken care of along with transitioning but I’m more optimistic in spite of the unsettling news that surrounds us all lately. It’s only strengthened my resolve. 

This weather has been very strange lately and I’m really looking forward to winter again which is the exact opposite of how I used to be. I’m definitely going to seek a cooler climate in the future. Who knows when but it’s down to a couple of places.

12 hours ago, BrandiBri said:

Morning all. It's been quite a while since I have had time to post so I am trying to catch up. Just thought I would share this pic taken on March 29th. No, I'm NOT getting married! Just having fun!

IMG_7003.JPG

hey that looks like fun and yr rocking it.Hey Josie keep up . like I always Be Proud , Be strong and kick ass

• Forum Moderator

It's a lovely dress! You look the part.

Tracy

Another beautiful day in paradise. Starting on my first cup o coffee, mmm mmm, the first sip is usually the best sip. Hot, fresh, and it’s been about 24 hrs since the last cup, yum! I don’t start with coffee fist tho, I try and start with E first to kick start my day. Coffee is the icing in the cake. 

Lately it’s been nice and cool in the mornings, and in July that’s good. August through Octoberish it should get hotter earlier, but who knows with all the Climate change and whatnot. But I’m inland at the moment so that is normalish. On the coast it’s been cooler longer, but that will also change next month. 

Well time to eat my breakfast, salmon patty sandwich with two scoops of green beans and two scoops of carrots. I lost 5 pounds this last 2 weeks, and cut out bad carbs and sweets. Very happy!! I lost the 5 lbs from the stomach area, so that makes me super ? ? ?  

@Ellora I’m going to have to try that. I totally forgot my coffee yesterday so I need an excuse to return to the supermarket so I can go get some beans and carrots. I guess some fish would help.

• Forum Moderator

Alex you would make a lovely bride.  I'm afraid eating fish for breakfast isn't for me Ellora.  I'm an oatmeal and fruit kid.....and coffee of course.  I lost about 15 lbs when we went vegetarian about 10 years ago due to my heart issues.  i thought i would miss meat but now i can't stand the smell.  Cooking takes longer but i'm still alive and feeling better physically than i did when drinking and eating steak etc.

Hugs,

Charlize

@Josie Beth, I was eating mixed vegetables and sweet peas, but read an article on starchy vegetables, and how they can be higher in carb scale and calories. Sure most things can be ok in moderation, but I decided to try it out, and I like the results. I’ve also been trying not to eat until I am stuffed, then wait about 20 minutes to see how I feel afterwards. This is also something I read somewhere, and it’s been working. I have also been eating chicken , no red meat (cow). I miss it, but I feel much better and like the results. Now go get your coffee! ? 

@Charlize, I have oatmeal and fruit for breakfast from time to time. I’ve thought about cutting meat from my diet, and I will probably give a try as soon as i read more about it. It wouldn’t bother me as long as I do it the right way. 

=Hugs=

• Forum Moderator

Well today started off about normal. My youngest too the wifes Lincoln to get a pair of tires. Our walmart didn't have the size. So, I am listening to the radio in the car before going into work. I get a call from my son. My wife's credit card was denied. SO I have to get a hold of my wife to transfer money into his account to pay for the tires. Turns out it was just a dollar short. exactly a buck.

So work is going about normal. What brought my mood up. A early 20s MtF trans girl came in. obvious to me. She needed her check engine codes read. So we check the codes. I believe we knew each other was trans. once I got done. She complemented my painted nails. I should have talked to her more. Hopefully, she will come in again. I will defiantly talk with her,more. She is the first true transgender person that I have seen in Laramie in about 4yrs.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Just drinking my morning coffee. I have not done much outside today as it is rather windy outside. A lovely whistling sound around the house though lol. I did bring in some potatoes and prepare containers for the last sowing of this years carrots. A little late according to guidlines but global warning is almost certainly making a change (I mainly  start them off in the greenhouse anyway as they are in containers). I left sowing the seed as it would have blown all over. It has been a good year for them so far.

Tracy

Up and ready to go.I have to be at our towing yard,auto auction.Going to auction off 50 vehicles ranging from good to pieces of junk.Get the public,used car dealers and junk yards that come to it.I'm the auctioneer and good at it.

• Forum Moderator

Being an auctioneer is a wonderful talent Debra.  Hope you day goes well and sellers and buyers leave happy!

Moving goats around for tomorrow's Eid El Adha.  

Hugs,

Charlize

4 hours ago, tracy_j said:

potatoes and prepare containers for the last sowing of this years carrots.

Yum! I need to do that this year. We’ve also had some heat from the climate change that has messed up my plans for a proper garden. I might have to build a green house or something to help with the initial seed planting. I’m kinda a newbie, but want to grow a bunch of veggies and fruit!

3 hours ago, Charlize said:

Being an auctioneer is a wonderful talent Debra.  Hope you day goes well and sellers and buyers leave happy!

Moving goats around for tomorrow's Eid El Adha.  

Hugs,

Charlize

It did go well,the sellers and buyers left happy.Do know me very well,I'm a good auctioneer not missing a bid.One junk yard bought 10 vehicles,all junk.Couple of them were court seizeres

• Forum Moderator
21 hours ago, Ellora said:

I might have to build a green house or something to help with the initial seed planting. I’m kinda a newbie, but want to grow a bunch of veggies and fruit!

It's rewarding and the produce does taste better than supermarket. It's not cheaper but you have more variation in varieties. A greenhouse depends on your climate. It does help with change of weather. I use planters and start seeds or transplant seedlings into them, moving out into the open in the better weather, and sometimes back in if it gets bad. It can be heavy work. My greenhouse is only a 6ft by 8ft so tiny really. This year it has often been like playing musical chairs with the planters.

Tracy

My son Tyler and his girlfriend Vicky gave me good news last night.They are engaged and Vicky is pregnant with my 1st grand child.She found out on Friday,they planned it out.Did it smart,both are  24 thinking about it 1st being together for 3 years.

I'm excited and more good news.I received a phone call from my son Aaron and his wife Alexis today,a grand child coming from them too

@tracy_j, thank you for all of your great advice! I was wondering, what is the best way to start my garden at my friends place that usually has higher temps like in the 80s- low 90s, then can drop to the 60s at night when the sun goes down? I’m definitely going to try starting the vegetables and fruit in pots then plant into the ground but should I provide cover or will they do fine in this type of weather? 

Good evening, not much sleep this morning. One of the twins fell asleep in my arms cause when wanted to cuddle. She is a wiggly work, so I woke up every time she wiggled, ?. That’s ok tho, I missed the heck out of them, being gone for two weeks and all. Then she ended up waking up at 3am to go sleep with her mommie. Then the other twin woke up at 6am, bright eyed and bushy tailed, cause they are still on London time, ? Of course she wanted to watch cartoons, Peppa Pig, ?. Then the other twin came back in to watch too. 

At 350pm they asked why it isn’t dark yet, and I told them it’s cause they are not in England anymore lol. They are almost 5yrs old. They have been playing hard all day long today ? Mommie took them to go get dance shoes before the store closes, a little break time for me , ? 

• Forum Moderator

@Ellora I think the best thing you could do is find someone locally who is doing what you want to do and see how they are doing. What vegetables and fruit are they growing? At least Google it to get an idea. The temperatures you have are a good 10 degrees higher than ours day or night so it's difficult for me to know. Covering things is about limiting the temperature variation to some extent as well as protecting from very low temperatures, but you don't appear to have them. It is an issue here to keep a greenhouse cool enough in the summer sun so I wonder how things are done there. It would probably be very easy to get a tropical climate. Quite a few of my vegetables are noted as being cold season or colder climate so probably wouldn't do well at all where you are. Others which don't grow brilliantly here outside a greenhouse (for example peppers) I suspect would do very well with growing from seed with some protection for the seedlings before planting out. I usually end up with trays of seedlings in the house toward spring waiting to be planted out in the greenhouse as it is not heated, but the house is nice and warm for them. Another important point is that for good growth most plants like lots of water. It is worth thinking about that when deciding what to grow. I love it that I can ignore my cacti growing outside in the summer but it can be a chore at times keeping a close eye on the tomatoes in the greenhouse as they dry out in an instant.

Tracy