• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Willow, Hope everything goes alright with Dorian knocking on your door.

Kymmie

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Husband and I surprised an employee of ours,bought her a new toolbox.Been working for us for 6 months,hard worker coming in on time.We saw her cheap toolbox was falling apart.Had her eye on one in the Snap On tool truck saving up her money.Snap On dealer came getting it out.Did think it was sold,I told her it's hers from my husband and I.She is a single mom of 2 and been through a lot,got out of an abusive relationship 7 months ago

Today, we had a thunderstorm make a surprise visit right down the middle of San Diego today. I first noticed the huge cell when I walked out to the car. It had that dark ominous look with a creamy wave like look.  There was some crazy winds that were kicking up everything, including a blast of wind that was practically shooting first clouds from underneath a bridge as I was leaving Hillcrest. As I was driving on the freeway, there was lighting far, near and overhead, then the huge rain drops started, slowing everyone down as the rain increased into a steady downpour. This went on all the way to the twins school. Miraculously the crazy storm was leaving as I was parking.

• Forum Moderator

@Debra  you and your husband are very caring and giving people.  Something that’s not as common as it should be these days.  I congratulate you and thank you for caring.

willow 

• Forum Moderator

Sunday I put a rack of ribs in the oven at low heat to cook for 4 hours while we went kayaking.  The weather was fantastic on the lake and when I took the ribs from the oven to plate it the meat fell off the bone.  So tender.  A good day! 

• Forum Moderator

Jani, Sounds like a great Sunday.  Then there is me. I had to work. was off at 2. Couldn't do anything outside with the wind and rain. So I just goofed around in the house.

Kymmie

It's been a chilly 36° here along the coast of Maine where I spend summers to paint and draw. The leaves are starting to turn, apples are ripening (the deer are eating them), and I'm having coffee with cream snuggled up under my blanket.

Hope everyone has a great morning!

Things went good yesterday.Met the new pastor at the church I go to,very nice and he is 100% open minded about trans people.Met his wife,2 sons and daughter too also 100% open minded about trans people.His daughter is transgendered and I told her I'm a pre op TS.Her eyes lit up,going to help her out.She is 11 years old and on the hormone blockers now.Pastor and his wife are glad I'm helping her out

• Forum Moderator

As i read these posts i see such a lovely group of folks sharing a great life as trans people.  While i'm a vegetarian i can envy good ribs ( although not for me).  Being generous to others always touches my heart.

We are fortunate here on the farm to have a small cabin which we allow folks in need to use free of charge.  Usually they are young farmers who are saving to start their own farm or who simply need a decent place to stay.  We are having a turnover later this fall and met a nice gay couple yesterday who will be staying there.  One is a farmer and the other a grad student in organic chemistry at Princeton.  I laughed as i thought we will have to fly a rainbow flag over the farm.

Our weather here is changing.  Wood for both the house and the sugar house is cut split and ready for the upcoming season.  Still have some hay to bring in but it is reserved for us.  Next weekend the buck goats will get to earn their keep so that our February kids will be here.

Busy here but life is good!

Hugs,

Charlize

Finally getting a break in the heat. The break will only last for less than a week, but I will take it. We have been in the 80s, and will be in the 70s. In the easy county it will be in the 80s instead of the 90s, so not much of a difference over there. 

The twins did really well at their first soccer game. One of the twins made 5 goals, ?. The other made 1 goal. Very proud of them. It was a hot day, so hopefully next week we can have an earlier game. Time to buy a canopy.

Tomorrow I will be having my 6 month check up after starting my HRT. Hopefully the test results on my E levels will arrive by then so we can talk about them. 

• Forum Moderator
58 minutes ago, Charlize said:

Next weekend the buck goats will get to earn their keep so that our February kids will be here.

That'd funny, but true! 

@TammyAnne you are further north than me and I see a few "early bird" leaves falling.  Fall, then winter is coming!  

@Ellora Good luck at your appointment.  I'm sure your numbers are heading in the right direction.  I remember my sons early soccer games.  Such fun. 

• Forum Moderator

My eldest granddaughter just started first grade.  You're right about keeping them engaged.  They are so much more than we were, innocent but aware.  All my best to her!   

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

Things went good yesterday.Met the new pastor at the church I go to,very nice and he is 100% open minded about trans people.

Yesterday, my wife and I attended a LGBTQ friendly church nearby for the third time.  They had their annual Fall salmon bake potluck after the service.  The pastor is so affirming.  He came by and sat with us along with some of our new acquaintances we've met over the last few weeks.  It felt so accepting just sitting around talking with other families about simple everyday things.  I never thought I could have that "normal" feeling again in a Christian church.  It was a good time and the food was pretty good too!

Today is going to be one of those "hunker down in our pajamas" days for my wife and I.  Right now, it's raining 'cats and dogs' and the temperature has dropped to the low 60°s.  We've been so busy these last 2 weeks we've just been sipping on coffee and catching up on some of our previously backlogged movies and TV.

Warm Regards to Everyone,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

It was raining here yesterday so I didn't get out for my usual walk. I took the chance to do a little painting instead. I have a few works on the go, mostly in oils. I tend not to work on them during the winter as they take so long to try so I need to move while it is still war. The leaves are showing signs of turning here too and the apples will soon need picking for store. There is a chill in the air now.

Tracy

I wish it was cooling off. It’s like suddenly summer is having it’s last humid revenge on everyone. Yesterday the air was stagnant and stuffy. Like a sauna only not comfortable at all. At least there’s the smell of cedar in a sauna. 

1 hour ago, Josie Beth said:

I wish it was cooling off. It’s like suddenly summer is having it’s last humid revenge on everyone. Yesterday the air was stagnant and stuffy. Like a sauna only not comfortable at all. At least there’s the smell of cedar in a sauna. 

It's 39° here this morning, leaf turning is in full swing, the sparrows are fighting over the bird feeder (normally they're peaceful) and the hummingbirds are feasting like mad, getting ready for their long flight south.

Winter has tipped its hand, fall is in full swing as trees are starting to turn all red, or all yellow.

Honestly I'm looking forward to the cold - being bundled up in 5 layers of clothing helps dispel dysphoria like coffee helps dispel the cold. Or at least keep it at bay.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning all, it's 58f with some showers, expecting about 70 today. 

Received a happy letter from the imaging facility and my mammogram last week, telling me that my boobs are healthy :) 

Still do my breast self exams often, as healthy boobs are happy boobs. 

C -

52 minutes ago, Cyndee said:

my boobs are healthy :)

Yay! Congratulations!!

53 minutes ago, Cyndee said:

Still do my breast self exams often, as healthy boobs are happy boobs

I massage/check my boobs daily, to promote growth and check for anomaly’s.

I wish it was cooling off in Maryland.  AFter a pleasant weekend, its going to get again starting tomorrow. Back into the mid-90s...

5 hours ago, Ellora said:

I massage/check my boobs daily, to promote growth and check for anomaly’s.

I do mine also, although I think most people would get the giggles over what little I've got. Since I'm yet to begin hormones, all I've got are man-boob-things.

But time (and hormones) will change that!

Just now, TammyAnne said:

I do mine also, although I think most people would get the giggles over what little I've got. Since I'm yet to begin hormones, all I've got are man-boob-things.

But time (and hormones) will change that!

Just now, Ellora said:

@TammyAnne, no matter the amount, it helps with the skin and circulation. Mine are just starting to take a bit more shape at 6 months, and i am happy. 

I bet they are gorgeous!

My youngest brother came out tonight,he came out as transgendered.It did go well,is going to live and dress as female going by Chloe.Going  to start  living and dressing as female going by Chloe this weekend.It did hurt his relationship with his boyfriend.

2 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

My youngest brother came out tonight,he came out as transgendered.It did go well,is going to live and dress as female going by Chloe.Going  to start  living and dressing as female going by Chloe this weekend.It did hurt his relationship with his boyfriend.

Best wishes to your sibling. A shame it hurt her (which pronouns are preferred?) relationship. Hopefully they'll find a way to work through it. Otherwise Chloe deserves to be with someone who loves her authentic self.

8 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

Thats is wonderful for Chloe!  Sorry about the boyfriend...