• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Cool morning here after overnight rain. But the clouds are clearing and the sunshine is glorious!

I'm hoping to get out with my camera when light is "just so" and get some photos of a lighthouse or 2.

Until then, I'm still smearing paint around in my studio. Yesterday I managed to actually finish a painting - a real accomplishment since most of the time I get halfway there then get stuck. It feels like everything is going on track and into place in my life.

Coffee is done, time to get busy!

Hugs to all!

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finally!  We have an evening in the 80’s. Able to finally dress up and not sweat and be uncomfortable.  Had a great date night and enjoying life!  Haven’t felt this good in months!  ❤️

Janae

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Janae said:

Had a great date night and enjoying life!

I did the same thing tonight.  My neighbor couple down the street have been trying to get my wife and I over to their local biker bar hang out.  They go every Friday night.  It's a nice looking quaint little place but I wasn't too sure how the "reception" would be but my neighbors assured me that I'd fit right in.  They both assured me that no one would clock me and even if they did, it wouldn't be an issue at all.  The hubby is in a big billiards tourney tonight and wanted us there to watch him play.  Well, I got on a nice pair of jeans, a sweater and some nice fancy sandles and decided to step out of my comfort zone.  Something I've been doing much more lately.  I ended up having an absolute blast and spent the evening talking with some really wonderful people.  If anyone would've told me a year or two ago that I'd someday have a wonderful time as Susan in a biker bar, I would've thought they were out of there mind.  My neighbor was a little disappointed he only came in 4th place but I have to admit, the competition was good.  A 75-year old pool shark took the big cash prize.

• Forum Moderator

Susan you would never have an issue fitting in based upon what we see.  I'm glad you are getting out and having fun.  That's what its all about! 

9 hours ago, Susan R said:

If anyone would've told me a year or two ago that I'd someday have a wonderful time as Susan in a biker bar,

Life is full of wonderful surprises, that so cool you had a lot of fun!

Cleaned out my grandfather's garage,he was a pack rat and not done yet.Have 2 dumpsters full of junk being picked up on Monday.2 dumpsters full of scrap metal being picked up on Monday too.I did bring home his toolbox,welder and torch set home.Going in a retirement home on Tuesday.Not much left to do.

Two dumpsters of scrap metal is worth some money in weight at the scrap yard. That’s not pennies either. It’s enough to make someone very happy. 

Have the back room and loft area left to do.Dad said he hid money in the loft area.I know there are two 440 and three 225 slant six Chrysler engines in the back room like new in the crate I want.

10 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

Have the back room and loft area left to do.Dad said he hid money in the loft area.I know there are two 440 and three 225 slant six Chrysler engines in the back room like new in the crate I want.

Those will be worth a good bit.

I know it must be a pain to have to do, but you can get to know a lot about a person in going through their private space. Sometimes things tell a story.

Wish you luck!

Good afternoon all! Having a nice relaxing day. Got my makeup on, Mt Dew in hand and feeing pretty. Hope everyone else is having a fabulous day.

Much Love

Justine

Chilly 32° out this morning.

Have been watching the "pecking order" as different species of birds take turns at the feeder - the sparrows are cooperative and feed in a group, the doves are somewhat cooperative but will bully the smaller birds, then the bluejays swoop in chasing off everyone else and squabbling among themselves. The crows just watch from the edges...

I never thought I'd watch birds. But they are entertaining. The hummingbirds have all flown south already. Other kinds of birds seem to stop in on their way south. Trying to figure out what something is keeps me entertained until it's time to hit the studio to paint.

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

I had a great week being able to dress at home with no worries. The euphoria was awesome. 

My wife returns this evening and I am grateful as I miss her, but this means back into the closet for now. We’re also due for another talk about my “behavior”, now that she’ll be back and we won’t have any other family around. Wish me luck at helping to enlighten my wife. 

Just under 2 months before I start HRT. I am excited and nervous and getting more so each week that goes by. 

I am reaching out to a local Trans support group today, looking to get details so I can attend my first meeting next week. I need to grow my support network and also want to meet some folks in person that are on a similar journey. 

Made some process changes at work last week, hoping to start to see the payoff this week, in lightening some daily repetitive tasks and allowing me to focus more on my major projects. 

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

*hugs*

Sara

1 hour ago, SaraAW said:

I had a great week being able to dress at home with no worries. The euphoria was awesome. 

My wife returns this evening and I am grateful as I miss her, but this means back into the closet for now. We’re also due for another talk about my “behavior”, now that she’ll be back and we won’t have any other family around. Wish me luck at helping to enlighten my wife. 

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

*hugs*

Sara

Sara, not only do I wish you luck but I hope things are not as rocky as you fear. It would seem to be a positive thing if you don't have to stay in the closet in your personal space and private time.

I would find that difficult since I always let myself open up fully when I'm in my studio painting. One of many reasons why visitors are frowned upon in my studio, as I tend to wear just a tshirt and panties to work in.

• Forum Moderator

Tammy I love watching the birds in my yard.  Yes, there is certainly a "pecking" order! 

I hope the talk with your wife goes smoothly Sara.  Building a support network is a good idea.   

5 hours ago, Jani said:

Tammy I love watching the birds in my yard.  Yes, there is certainly a "pecking" order! 

I love watching the birds!  This summer I got a hummingbird feeder.  They're even more fun to watch.  

5 hours ago, lauraincolumbia said:

I love watching the birds!  This summer I got a hummingbird feeder.  They're even more fun to watch.  

Hummingbirds are incredible!

I never knew they could be so combative. One will be at the feeder and a rival will come streaking in and smack into them loudly.

They were also doing aerial combat with the bees for control of the feeder here, although in the end, they all took turns, even the bees.

• Forum Moderator

I have to remind myself not to race out of the back door. The blackbirds in particular feed very close to the house, as there is wood chip plus additional wood prunings on the ground just across the path in which there are grubs etc. They are startled and often fly off hitting things in the way, particularly the greenhouse. There are cats in the neighbourhood which I try to keep out of the garden, but they do make the birds wary.

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

We seem to have a bird paradise on the farm.  Livestock and a pond bring insects that many insect eaters love.  I get a kick out of the "air force" as it darts and swoops in the pursuit of flies.  What amazing speed and dexterity.  Barn swallows, tree swallows blue birds and many others keep us mostly insect free.  We have had some martins but don't have a colony yet.  The seed eaters abound as well.  Green Herons and great blues hunt for frogs along the pond as the seed eaters flit around the fall weeds.  The hummingbirds  have gone south now as our flowers fade.  Soon the farm will be quieter.  We don't feed anybody but still have a good number of visitors all winter.  Soon i'll clean out the birdhouses for next years crop.  Love it.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I live in a wooded area.  A few neighbors have cats (I like cats) and a couple will make daily rounds through the yard to check things out.  I have feeders on a pole out back and have just started to fill them again as winter approaches, since I don't see the migratory birds any longer.  I think the cats are more interested in the chipmunks and squirrels.

Who knew we had some many ornithologists in the group?  Wow! I love to hear it!

Unfortunately, I think my hummingbirds have migrated south.  I haven't seen them on the feeder for almost a week.

Okay. Coffees on. I apologize for hijacking the coffee thread into ornithology!

The coast of Maine has transitioned from summer birds to winter birds.

I'm feeling pretty good about things, completed 5 paintings and should have completed 6 drawings by the time I close the studio down here to head back to 80° Arkansas.

Hope everyone is having a really wonderful day!

• Forum Moderator

TammyAnne, as starter of this thread it is all good. That is what it is hear for just to talk about what ever. Birds discussion is OK.but the birds and bees my push it.

Well up early again. Have to open the store. being I am the only one with the training to do the opening stuff. Other than the store manager, and he is out looking for Bambi.

Have a great day all of you.

Hugs

Kymmie