• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

I appreciate the advice, will probably get a plug-in device to transfer disc files to the new Mac. 

Jani, I quit using Safari and downloaded a "Brave" browser, it's much faster and has built in add blocker and tracker features. According to mine I have 118+K ads and trackers blocked. 

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well it’s a problem that isn’t really that bad. Just costs something to fix. So I decided that I can bypass the whole drive cloning thing by ordering a drive bay to replace the dvd drive and then I also ordered a usb dvd drive to solve replacing the other one. Then I can just use my old laptop drive in the new laptop and update it to work better for the new laptop. Then I’ll have 3 operating systems on the same laptop for a while. It also makes cloning later easier. Then I’ll be able to change main drives and do that. Then put back the original dvd drive and presto! Sounds complicated I know. It’s actually the least complicated way of getting it done in the least bit of time. So I’ll have all my previous settings on my new laptop right away. Saves me time just not money. 

I had my coffee earlier and I ran a lot of errands. Still have a lot to do though. I’m trying to tackle a pest problem because of the neighbor which is a major project.

I’m also realizing that participation in pride this week is probably not going to happen just because of all the variables. My order of a cute hat and sweatshirt is going to be too late and I can’t even afford to get foundation in time. It is what it is. And I’ll most likely have to work on the 12th. But I can still get to the clinic today or tomorrow so there’s that. 

Josie Beth, you are such a busy girl and smart about IT stuff, I am such a dope about it myself. Is a neighbor giving you a hard time?

On 10/7/2019 at 12:41 PM, NB Adult said:

Josie Beth, you are such a busy girl and smart about IT stuff, I am such a dope about it myself. Is a neighbor giving you a hard time?

Not really, just a slob. He doesn’t take his trash out until it is horrid and  that attracts pests. Then two of them are feeding a flea bitten cat. The guy right next door is actually letting it crawl in the screen door to eat so of course the fleas try to come over here sometimes. I’m taking measures to seal all the cracks everywhere to close out anything from coming from next door and sprayed a lot of ortho around. It’s working so far. I just don’t like all the chemicals. Luckily I don’t have to sit around it all day. I just can’t believe that there was a huge gaping hole in the wall underneath the vanity in the bathroom. I don’t care if the rental agency doesn’t like that I sealed it off, they weren’t doing anything about it. They can complain about it after I move. They probably won’t even notice though. 

I think I finally found a solution for my old laptop drive being stuck in fallback mode though. I just have to figure out where I can work on it and have an internet connection. It’s actually a simpler fix than I thought. Some people have suggested doing all these roundabout things that don’t work but hopefully the idea I found this morning does the trick. My order from amazon should arrive this weekend with enough time to get it working right. Then I’ll finally be able to do some graphic design and get some merch worked on. That seems to be the only way I’ll make more money for moving and not be so dependent on temporary work. 

You'll probably be happier when you can afford to move. I have a redneck neighbor across the street from me with no sense of pride of ownership. Junk out in front we have to look at 24/7. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, give us some updates as you proceed ahead with things.

I began seeing a therapist today.It was 2 weeks ago I was sexually assaulted.Luckily a bystander tackled him down.I did call 911 and he was arrested.Good thing is I do have support.Good news is this creep is charged with 3 counts of sexual assault,did it to 2 other women too.I may have to testify in court,therapist says I am not ready yet.I am still shaken up from it

• Forum Moderator

I'm so sorry to hear that Debra.  Glad you are going to see a therapist.  Take care of yourself.

Hugs,

Charlize

It put a toll on me.Therapist says I do have symptoms of PTSD.Good thing is this creep is facing 20 to 25 years based on his record if convicted.I have met the other 2 victims of this,going to stand together getting justice for what he did to us

46 minutes ago, Debra Michelle said:

It put a toll on me.Therapist says I do have symptoms of PTSD.Good thing is this creep is facing 20 to 25 years based on his record if convicted.I have met the other 2 victims of this,going to stand together getting justice for what he did to us

Its great that you can stand together!  Hopefully, he gets 25 years+

I'm really sorry it happened to you.

Debra Michelle - Hug!

So sorry you went through that and that you face still more upcoming stress from possibly giving testimony!

Hang in there. Courage, lady!

And of course, a morning coffee mug lifted in a toast to your bravery in dealing with the assault.

Sorry this happened Debra. There are some nasty people in the world. Let's hope they put him where he belongs.

Feel better soon.

Hugs 

Samantha 

I always seem to be having computer issues. I've build a couple of PCs before and just finished with a Dell r710 which I love. I just love Dell components as they are typically very high quality and easy to replace.

Today having a coffee before heading off to the office. Overcast and chilly here now. Have my Therapist appointment this afternoon which is something I always look forward too.

Hope everyone has an amazing day.

Samantha

Debra it was a nasty experience, soon you and the other women can put it in your rear view mirrors and get on with your lives while your assailant spends his coming years fearful of being brutalized in the prison system, it would be fitting!

Have a great day Samantha!

8 hours ago, NB Adult said:

Debra it was a nasty experience, soon you and the other women can put it in your rear view mirrors and get on with your lives while your assailant spends his coming years fearful of being brutalized in the prison system, it would be fitting!

Have a great day Samantha!

I hope he gets put in a cell with Bubba getting taught a lesson

Coffee this morning on a dreary, overcast day.

But sunshine predicted for the day, so I'm hoping to get some photos of the fall colors while "at peak" this year. Had a brief afternoon bout of light and shot a few frames yesterday, but haven't looked them over yet because I'm still working on a drawing.

I've turned out to be a busy little beaver here lately!

Hugs to all!

Hi All,

Beautiful morning here in Maryland.  Mid-50s and sunny with the birds singing!

Also wanted to wish everyone a happy and safe World Mental Health Day!   

https://wfmh.global/world-mental-health-day-2019/

Wishing you all a bright, happy day!

Coffee in my mug, wind howling around outside, we're predicted to have a Nor'easter.

Should be an interesting day.

Hugs.

• Forum Moderator

Morning all. Welcome to Friday for most of us. It is Monday for me. next day off next Wednesday. Today is national coming out day so good luck to all those who are coming out to someone today.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good Friday evening.  We took our boat on a shakedown cruse last week.  Boy did we shake it down.  The tired old engine had enough and died about a third of the way home.  I got towed another third only to find out the engine couldn't be repaired.  we talked about what to do and did we want to put more money into it or scrap it.  Decided to keep it so we are converting it from and inboard engine to outboard.  while that isn't ideal, it is a lessor cost solution.  I finally got it back home today, 5 days later than the plan.  I am going away for the rest of October so I'll be getting home with a lot of work ahead of me.  Any idea of an extended trip early next year is out.

Willow

Hi Willow, fairly new here. It's never fun when old equipment puts a crimp in your plans and pocketbook like that. Seems like you have a can-do attitude about how to get it handled, hats off to you Miss!

• Forum Moderator

Sorry to hear this Willow.  But at least you had a back up plan, despite its desirability.  Enjoy the rest of the month. 

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Sorry to hear that. Work and illness can be quite a depressing combination.

Sitting here drinking my elevenses, athough I see the clock is showing twelve so I had better get on LOL. Have a good weekend everyone!

Tracy

Willow, sorry to hear about your nautical problems. Is this a sailboat or motor cruiser? (Not to be nosy, but I have a sailboat which does modestly well with an outboard.)

Krisvm, from the standpoint of someone retired, work seems like its own form of illness. Hope things are better.

For me, I have my studio here in Maine all packed up, getting ready for the long, scenic drive back to the Ozarks. Hopefully I'll get a chance to sightsee along the way, but I have to return for doctor follow-ups with oncology et al.

I'm likely to not be posting for the next week or 10 days, but I wanted to wish everyone a pleasant week and hopes for a better tomorrow. Hugs to all.