• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Good Morning Ladies and Gentlemen! Feeling tired but great today. Had my caffeine infusion in the form of Dr Pepper today. Just have to make it through a half route today then I will be on vacation! Hope everyone has a fabulous day!

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Tammy Anne,  

If your passing through western NJ and have time for a visit let me know.  I'm off to our local farm market to pickup the weeks produce from some dear friends. I'll probably be working on something around our farm then.  There is always more to do than i can get to but little by little we make progress.

Hugs,

Charlize

Good day so far for me.Met our new piano player at the church my husband and I go to,she did tell me she is a post op MTF.Did tell her I am having my gender corrective surgery  in January of 2020.Had hers 5 months ago and said it was well worth it for her healing up very well.

• Forum Moderator

Thats interesting.  

5 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

Did tell her I am having my gender corrective surgery...

This (GCS) is somewhat old terminology (IMO) as is SRS.  GRS (gender reassignment surgery) is commonly used now.  Personally I prefer to say "gender realignment surgery" as the results aligned my body and mind.   ?

How does your doctor describe this procedure? 

1 hour ago, Jani said:

Thats interesting.  

This (GCS) is somewhat old terminology (IMO) as is SRS.  GRS (gender reassignment surgery) is commonly used now.  Personally I prefer to say "gender realignment surgery" as the results aligned my body and mind.   ?

How does your doctor describe this procedure? 

He called it gender corrective surgery

• Forum Moderator

mmm interesting.   To each their own I suppose.  Doesn't matter really, as the results are the same.

Well it took me several tries to fix the Operating system. I think it was several outdated kernel modules. I also had to erase my old extensions for desktop customization. It’s not entirely perfect yet but at least I can boot into the actual desktop without crashing. Still have a lot of updates to do but after 2 hours or more of terminal commands and downloading updates I had to take a break. I also had to spend hours on the phone with amazon about a package that got stolen right off of my front step. I got a refund and replacement but it turned out to be the wrong thing so I had to send it back. I also ordered two other items separately and for some reason amazon employees ignored my request for one item to be shipped no rush and put it in the same box as the other order so I spent another hour talking to them about how they screwed up and are not doing me any favors by putting them together when I specifically chose no rush so they would arrive a week apart and fit in my mailbox. What a bunch of headaches. I have a complaint filed and I’m supposed to get a follow up call back on Tuesday but I’m pretty sure that they are going to use a successful delivery as a cop out and totally ignore my concerns about someone arbitrarily ignoring my shipping choice. I don’t think they really understand what I have to worry about when someone is stealing my packages. I got a really flippant response in their messenger so I called them to make sure that they understood my concerns. 

• Forum Moderator

That's bad Josie. It has become a common thing here now for people to be stealing parcels off the doorstep. Many delivery companies are not very good and deliver their parcels wherever they can. They go from door to door until they find someone to accept them (if you are lucky). I check closely and am relieved when the delivery is by Royal Mail here. They have their issues but at least if there is no-one in the parcel is left at the local post office to be picked up.

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everybody. My poor wife. She got a call at work on Friday (she is a cook and custodian at a rural school) that the two students they had are transferring to a school in town. So they are closing the school. She is unsure where she will be placed. However all is good with her. Food service Co and the school district are fighting over her.

Her problems is the teacher at her school has not been told yet. The principal is going to tell her this morning. While she is normally out there by now she has a dentist appointment at 8. So the teacher was supposed to handle breakfast for the kids. My wife gets a text from the teacher wanting to know what she should get ready for breakfast. She doesn't know what to do. I told her to pretend she didn't get the text. She hates to lie as she is working a program.

She will be going out after the dentist today to pack up all the food. She hopes to find where she is going later today or tomorrow.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the words of encouragement regarding my recent boating issues.  

My Endocrinologist reviewed my lasted blood work and said to keep v=everything the same for now.  That means that my body is accepting the medication and dosages he has prescribed, so good news.

Visiting our daughter and granddaughters for the next two weeks.

Willow 

What more can we ask for? Being a grandparent is absolutely the very best! Being a parent is sometimes an "I don't know" sort of thing. It can be very trying!

For some reason I don’t really need coffee this morning. I’m up rather early for not having anything scheduled. Yesterday my package arrived late but thankfully intact. It was the new drive caddy and my shampoo. I made sure to call amazon right away and reiterated that it was totally unacceptable to change my shipping preferences just because the items are going to the same address. When I opened the door to get my package the new neighbor was out with a friend, I suppose, having a beer but the look on the friends face was guilty, as if they were eyeballing the box. So that basically confirmed my suspicions. So from now on I’m just going to order one thing at a time so it will fit inside of the mailbox. I’m also looking for a place close enough to justify renting a mailbox in case that doesn’t work. I just don’t have time to constantly reorder things I need or spend hours on the phone with customer service. And it’s actually costing me money because I’m missing out on job opportunities just because I have to be tethered to home. I could not believe how difficult it was to get through to them how much of an inconvenience that is, they keep offering me a paltry $5 credit to compensate me but I lose at least $90 a day every time they screw up my shipping. Last week I only had two days of work because the client reneged on their request for a full week. This week I guess they assigned me a new coordinator because they tried getting me work during a time that I could not reconcile with the bus schedule. That’s one of my major gripes about this town, the lack of early bus coverage and especially reasonable hours for the industrial parks where most companies have moved. They don’t start soon enough and they end way too early. So I would either be stuck walking home 4 miles or taking Uber which is way too expensive. That’s not really a smart move after standing for 12 hours repacking shoes for $10/hr. So I’m definitely going to start focusing more on getting my laptop ready and working on graphic design on my time off. Now I need to find the external drives that I use for my artwork. I suppose searching the job boards would be smart too with the holiday seasons coming.

@Jani thanks for the tip but they don’t have any near me at all. A big fat zero popped up on the screen. The best I can get nearby is either the ups store which means that I have to pay a silly amount for a small box and then hopefully I can make it there in time before they close if the package doesn’t fit, or usps where it’s essentially the same, but I have to deal with lackadaisical employees who are more concerned about finding ways to weasel out of their jobs than actually helping people with simple tasks. The post office seems to hire and keep people who are the same type that get fast food jobs just so they can spit in people’s food. It’s almost a headache but I’m tempted to go further away to a different branch just to set up a box somewhere else so the people who work there are not as shady. But I’m sure there’s rules about that since it’s a different zip code. So yeah an amazon box would be heaven but even if it was available I already pay them too much money and they still do a terrible job of customer service lately until I nag about it. I guess they are restructuring. I used to get American representatives on the phone just months ago but now they are obviously Indonesian or something with pseudonyms claiming to be calling from the east coast. Same goes for the chat representatives. Must be a consequence of the trade lock with China. Inventory on lots of foreign supplied goods are beginning to dwindle and I’m sure there’s cutbacks in spite of the hiring campaign for amazon jobs. I’m wondering if getting into the print on demand thing is going to be problematic.

I just did a price check on usps boxes and the only way to opt out of monthly fees is a year long agreement. The closest one is only $80/yr which is less than half the cost of a ups box but the only post office I halfway trust is going to cost over $100/yr because it’s supposedly “premium” service. I can’t afford that right now. Especially with the weird schedule I have had lately.

• Forum Moderator

Well this morning I am freshly laundered and feeling good. Changing my nail polish again today. I keep them polished all the time now. but what color, hot pink, sparkle green or purple? Just like my shaved legs I get no comment about them. I just gotta be girly. LOL.

Of to work in a couple hours, as it is my Friday. Then when I get back I am chief chump in charge the store manager is going to Disney for 10 days. Being that I am the only manager who can open. Plus I am Assistant manager so it falls on me.

I do however have one day off. Our district manager is opening two days, I am off one of those days while the other manager is off the other.

Well TTFN

Kymmie

I got another assignment today so I’ll be working second shift tonight and I’m expected at 5 pm so I have to hurry up and get ready. 

Belated good morning. The fall weather has been simply delightful all day. No rain in sight, but plenty of nice weather. I’ve been extra busy helping the parents lately. My dad is being more foolish than usual, turning down help after asking for help, I can only do so much. My mom can be even worse at times, but I guess that goes with being old. The problem is, they have been this way their entire life, and now it’s reared it’s ugly head. They didn’t make plans and didn’t listen to me decades ago, and now they are paying the price.

my kids are doing well, we played a good round of D&D Sunday, and hopefully we can play more really soon. My son is becoming a really good DM, and it’s fun playing with them and their girlfriends.

@Ellora best of luck this week and during festivities! And good morning all.

Well, I survived the night at the new temp assignment. It was difficult to catch up since the last person was not doing a good job at all. I have mixed feelings about this job. On the one hand I don’t really have to worry about interacting with rude people, but on the other hand it’s a lot less than I need financially. I suppose it’s also good for my schedule because I’m finally off at times when I can get to the clinic but it’s still going to be difficult because I can’t afford to pay for counseling. So I’m basically back where I was as a food service manager without the high stress or level of income. Which makes getting my laptop setup even more important. Now I have to wait for a new ergonomic mouse to avoid nerve damage because I have to put a lot of time into graphic arts to get my side business going. That’s the only way I can get out of this quicksand. 

Anyway, I’m just trying to wake up slowly. Maybe I should relax my mind and try getting more sleep so I function better tonight. I can’t really afford to get back on the caffeine train. 

46 minutes ago, Josie Beth said:

Anyway, I’m just trying to wake up slowly. Maybe I should relax my mind and try getting more sleep so I function better tonight. I can’t really afford to get back on the caffeine train. 

Probably the best plan right now!

Husband and I were alerted today by our accountant,$20,000.00 missing in our bank account for our towing yard,semi and auto repair shop.Found out it was our guy that does the paychecks,embezzled the money.Did fire him and police were called with him arrested.Did admit taking the money and did take $10,000.00 more lately.It is a mess now which will be resolved by the prosecutor charging him with embezzlement.Meet up with the prosecutor on Friday,will get that $30,000.00 back which he will have to pay back if convicted with jail time.

• Forum Moderator

I hope this works out for you both.  I hope he hadn't spent the money or there will be a delay in returning it to you.

• Forum Moderator

I hope you get your money back Debra!  What a pity that someone working for you would rob you as well.  

I'll be catching up the last 5 young goats from last years crop.  The butcher is due about 11.  This is a part of farming i like the least but some folks do eat meat and these animals have lived a great life.  So many animals are faced with such great fear and stress while these are still at pasture enjoying life to the last.

Hugs,

Charlize