• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, NB Adult said:

TammyAnne, I'd bet that motel somehow had some parental block against adult sites. 

I was a little surprised, until I discovered TP was the only thing I couldn't access.

Then the light went on. Aha!

Oh well, I had things to share at the time, and questions to ask, but the river of time flows on washing things away.

I survived.

Its Veterans Day and I am a vet.  Served in the Air Force from 87 to 97.  

I am proud of this.

So it really sucks to be sitting at work right now.  LOL

At least I have my coffee and My TransPulse to get me through.  

Have a wonderful day and to all the other Vets you have a super day full of gratitude and respect for serving your country.

1 hour ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

I am proud of this.

Have a wonderful day and to all the other Vets you have a super day full of gratitude and respect for serving your country.

And thank you for your service!

Not the best mental health day for me. Had the come down from the weekend, didn't sleep well and had all the annoyed feelings about what happened at work this week come back.

Ah well, power through! 

3 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

I am proud of this.

HAppy Veterans day to you! Happy Veterans day to all the other veterans!

Thank you for your service!

Good morning everyone! Enjoying a cloudy morning in the east county at my friends place. I’m thinking about starting a soothing fire and making coffee, but I’m too comfy at the moment to get up ?

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, lauraincolumbia said:

HAppy Veterans day to you! Happy Veterans day to all the other veterans!

Thank you for your service!

Thank you!  I used to have to work on Veteran's Day but at least our company (in defense business) had a recognition celebration and offered all veteran's lunch.  It was nice to recognized for our contribution.

• Forum Moderator

To Shawna and all our other veterans here. From one vet to all the others. Thank you for your service.

Actually got up early on my day off. Me and the wife went to Perkins for breakfast ( My veteran's meal) Still didn't get my discussion done with my wife on Saturday. Had to rescue her car down in CO. By the time we got home and dinner ate. My son came home early from poker. So that put a dampener on the talk.

Shawna, Have you gone to VA? They are a great resource for the trans veteran. Thanks to them I have my HRT. Counseling, and even Voice therapy. All at no cost to me. (70% disabled)They are totally accepting. Even to the point of able to use the bathroom of your preferred sex. Dressed or not.

Kymmie

Remember, Air Force rules. Would they trust 2/3 of the nuclear triad to anyone else. S.A.C peace is our profession. Death and destruction is just a hobby.

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

Shawna, Have you gone to VA? They are a great resource for the trans veteran. Thanks to them I have my HRT. Counseling, and even Voice therapy. All at no cost to me. (70% disabled)They are totally accepting. Even to the point of able to use the bathroom of your preferred sex. Dressed or not.

I have not gone since my wife's insurance covers all this as well without the super far drive.  LOL

I'm right in town locally.

However if things do fall apart in my marriage then I have this in my back pocket.  Though I have no disability.  My wife cares to differ on the point I'm sure.  LOL

Well I just got some devastating news this morning. I was texted by the temp agency not to go back in tonight because apparently I was argumentative and didn’t follow instructions, but I did everything that they asked me and my supervisor even said I was doing excellent work. Everything that they threw at me I went the extra mile. I can’t afford to waste my time with this agency anymore. I obviously don’t need any coffee with this kind of news. They just don’t care how they trample all over people. 

2 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

I have not gone since my wife's insurance covers all this as well without the super far drive.  LOL

I'm right in town locally.

However if things do fall apart in my marriage then I have this in my back pocket.  Though I have no disability.  My wife cares to differ on the point I'm sure.  LOL

Just a reminder, depending upon your classification with the VA, you may collect travel pay to and from appointments with the VA. Takes some of the sting out of the trek back and forth.

1 hour ago, Josie Beth said:

my supervisor even said I was doing excellent work

Sorry to hear about the unfortunate news. I can’t strand it when companies do that. Say one thing then do another. Sounds like someone felt threatened by you. 

I hope you can find a company that can appreciate your hard work.

Threatened by me? I felt like I was barely keeping up most days. More likely it was just someone who I never interacted with making the complaints and who had no idea the nonsense that I had to clean up every day, which when you put it in context I was doing awesome. But what really irritates me the most is the agency, who has told me several times in the past in error that I was supposed to end my contract, which turned out to be false, had the nerve to say “we’re sorry you feel that way” when I gave them examples of this disconnect in the past. How about we’re sorry? Period! Nope. They shoved it back in my lap like it’s simply a perception issue and my feelings have no basis in reality at all. So because I contacted the supervisor to verify this information, now I’m probably not going to get much work this week as punishment. I probably won’t even respond because I’m going to try the other agency nearby tomorrow. I just can’t Work tonight because my sleep and stress level are all out of wack from this turmoil.

4 hours ago, Josie Beth said:

I probably won’t even respond because I’m going to try the other agency nearby tomorrow. I just can’t Work tonight because my sleep and stress level are all out of wack from this turmoil.

Sorry about your stressful event, you probably need to put that agency in your rear view mirror!

• Forum Moderator

Jose Beth that is terrible news. Sounds like something Wally world would do. Keep your chin up something will come along that is perfect for you, and you will love.

Kymmie

4 hours ago, NB Adult said:

Sorry about your stressful event, you probably need to put that agency in your rear view mirror!

Agreed. Easier said then done.  Do sorry this is happening yo you.  You deserve better then that BS.  
Good luck and keep us posted. 

Yes it’s easier said than done. Here’s the issue I’ve been really trying hard to get away from: this state has basically zero workers rights and the catch is that I have to save money to even have a hope of moving. They can fire you without cause but you basically have to bend over backwards, destroy your health, and allow them to verbally abuse your mind and financially abuse your labor just to keep employment. Even the slightest disagreement with being abused, even if it’s done in the most professional way with tact, is highly frowned on. So basically you have to be patient but they don’t have to be at all.

It’s the pettiness that I really am tired of because I’m way too old for that. I don’t have many productive years left and I might look young for my age but I’m feeling my age especially because of the anxiety I’ve been through the last 6-7 years just constantly. My heart pain is coming back in spite of eating better and quitting smoking and taking omega 3. So I’m just not capable of high stress jobs anymore. I need a home and fast or I fear that I won’t make it. By home I mean a job that I can enjoy and there’s no cutthroat culture, because that’s the norm rather than the exception.

I’ve never seen so many places acting like they are competing in the stock market at wall-street every day when it’s really not that serious. Not every task means better results from pushing the speed limit. But that’s unfortunately the trend lately, pump that product out faster and faster because it’s volume that matters. But forget about quality, even though it’s the insane speed that has caused the lack of quality and means rework or losing customers. Let’s just flail our arms around fast and give ourselves heart attacks so we look busy. Let’s just waste a lot of energy on doing work twice because volume was more important than pacing. Let’s stress people out and then wonder why the turnover is so high.  

And I’m so tired of hearing the cliche that if I hang in there I’ll find something that is for me where people treat me better. That’s not how this town operates. You go to work, do your job, things seem fine, they pretend to like you, praise your work, and then they get greedy, that’s when the whip comes out or the pressure becomes more or they set you up for failure to see if you really want the job. You give even a millimeter and they take a mile, and the minute you object to them abusing your rights they retaliate. What kind of sadistic people are in charge of these human resource departments? I just don’t get it. So I’m either going to find a way to move or probably die. That sounds extreme but it’s my reality right now and doesn’t look like it’s going to change any time soon. I’m really out of options and stuck in a rut. 

1 hour ago, Josie Beth said:

It’s the pettiness that I really am tired of because I’m way too old for that.

I’m sorry you’re having such a stressful time with all that you’re going through. So many things you’ve vented about really resonate with me as well. Though I now have a really good job, admittedly tolerating certain people, I have been on the end of “corporates” puppet strings. Thankfully, I work multiple locations with the government job I now have. It can be so hard when you’re going that extra mile and not receiving the recognition for your work. One of my previous jobs had me working lead on so may positions, yet didn’t want to pay well at all. My manager at the time even said I should be approved for the raise. Sadly, most corporations are that way. Also, I’ve seen so many “common employees” that would have made wonderful supervisors, yet they pick the absolute worst personalities sometimes, so it seems, to be the “leader.” My advice, this helped me immensely with my anxiety, though I still battle it, was to stay positive. I personally feel so “thank you, but meh :( ” when given that advice while in a rut or blah mood. It’s so true though, our thoughts become our lives. Kinda goes into the whole positive affirmations shaping your universe in general, but I’ve found it to help. So many cultures, religions, (morning people lol), etc boast of the power of positivity. It’s super hard for me to not want to feel like hiding under the covers when I feel negative, but I dig deeper and try and find things I can be thankful and positive about. If you’re like me, this may come off as meaning well, but still have you feeling a bit blah. I do hope this settles in and gives even the slightest positivity to you though.

Hugs, Madelyn

@Josie Beth Sorry to hear things aren’t great with work. I hope you have better luck with the next agency. 

To all our vets here and elsewhere, truly, thank you for your service and sacrifice. 

My wife and I were out of town celebrating our anniversary over the weekend and yesterday. Back to work this morning. We had some significant snow throughout yesterday. Looking forward to my hot and delicious tea this morning. 

Have a great day everyone. 

*hugs*

• Forum Moderator

@Josie Beth you are still young so don't discount being able to establish yourself in a job you can be happy with.  Have you considered moving to a place that may be more accepting and that offers better job protections?  It doesn't seem like you are attached to the area you are in.  

Jani

Morning everyone, I can't say I have had the best morning but I did go to my therapist appointment so that made me feel better about my week. This morning my brother was being really transphobic and making fun of my hair, though I really like it. He kept saying things like "Trans people are dumb" and "You will always be a girl" He said really hurtful things and I tried to tell my stepmom, she used the camera to go back through and listen and she just told me to grow up. I also fought with my dad because he didn't like my hair, I told him that it was my hair so I could have it however I want. I just wish they would call me Aidan, that would mean the world to me, or even just "A" anything but my deadname. I left my house crying because I can't hold it in anymore, 2 years of this, I just have 1 more left. 

But on a good note, my fish babies are doing well.

Aidan we've all heard the saying, "What doesn't kill you will make you stronger!" It's a good thought to meditate on when these things occur, it will get you through it.

41 minutes ago, NB Adult said:

Aidan we've all heard the saying, "What doesn't kill you will make you stronger!" It's a good thought to meditate on when these things occur, it will get you through it.

Thank you, it means a lot to me. I will :))

• Forum Moderator

Stupid people suck. Also you didn't give us an "after" picture when you went to go cut your hair (I just checked). I'm sorry your brother is being a pill and that your family in general is supportive. NB is right though. You'll come out the other side stronger.

Hugs!