• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

51 minutes ago, Jani said:

I won't get into religious talk other than to say I am always amused when someone tells me what god thinks.  How do they know?

Its hard @TammyAnne but let it roll off your back.  You're strong enough.

Jani

Thank you for that.

I just went to a very low place after all that.

You're right, though. If someone believes they get information directly from the divine being, how can they know it's the real thing? Or how can we know they're not the ones "mentally ill"?

I'm trying to get into my happy place in the studio, from whence it matters not what others think. I'll float on past this on the river of life.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Found out my dad has to go in a nursing home,it is getting to a point we can't take care of him with his Alzheimer's.Luckily he planned everything out,covered under insurance when the time comes.Mom is taking the news very well,did have the house put in her name yesterday.His truck is in my oldest brother's name.This weekend,I am coming over to pick up his tools.Keeping them for memory reasons.

• Forum Moderator

Hi,

Coffee was good this morning.  We had been drinking generic (long time regular brand) coffee.  We finally got some Starbucks Dark Roast again.  Such a huge difference.

I got an early Christmas present this year.  At my appointment yesterday my endocrinologist wrote me a script for progesterin but he doesn't want me to start taking it until Christmas because of the surgery next week.  The concern is possible clotting.  I am sorry if I have offended anyone but I am a Christian.

@Josie Beth my wife's mother thought nothing of berating her or our son and called me a liar to my face once.  She essentially broke her own family apart.  From an early age she always took her son's side and would punish my wife for things he had done.  She would never apologize to anyone even when you proved she was wrong, she would just ignore the truth.  Late in life she admitted to my wife that she had liked her brother better but still didn't apologize to her for it.  just an admission.  I am sorry you too have had to deal with this behavior.

Hugs

Willow

2 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

That is a tough disease.  I’ve had so many in my family go down with that.  
im so sorry?

Luckily he is going to a good nursing home,they deal with Alzheimer's patients very well.Mom met up with them today and things are looking good.It is getting bad.Luckily my friend Emily works there,she is a RN there.

Debra Michelle I'm sorry to hear that. It's difficult enough to get through our parents ageing process without having Alzheimer's in the mix. Hopefully this facility will be a good place for your Dad so that he can live out his days in some kind of peace and happiness.

2 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

Debra Michelle I'm sorry to hear that. It's difficult enough to get through our parents ageing process without having Alzheimer's in the mix. Hopefully this facility will be a good place for your Dad so that he can live out his days in some kind of peace and happiness.

It is sad,mom understands this is best for him.It put a toll on me taking care of him.He is 71 years old and has lived a good life.He still can't remember my name and forgetting my 41st birthday is next month.Biggest memory I have is walking into the tool truck with him.I still have a Snap On ratchet he bought me.My Snap On dealer offered to replace this one and told him no,kit on order to fix it.Told him it is a part of my life with tons of memories attached to it

7 hours ago, Willow said:

my wife's mother thought nothing of berating her or our son and called me a liar to my face once.  She essentially broke her own family apart.  From an early age she always took her son's side and would punish my wife for things he had done.  She would never apologize to anyone even when you proved she was wrong, she would just ignore the truth.  Late in life she admitted to my wife that she had liked her brother better but still didn't apologize to her for it.  just an admission.  I am sorry you too have had to deal with this behavior.

Hugs

Willow

I never understood the stark contrast between the two grandmothers that I’ve had in my life because both of them lived through the Great Depression. The unapologetic one was like many I’ve heard of in that she was afraid of doing without. So afraid that it became entirely selfish. And of course she passed this on to my father who was the favorite and ended up playing favorites, preferring my brother to me. I was the one who was constantly blamed for things my brother did, or for things other school children did.

A couple of examples. My brother locked me out of a building one day when I was about to pee my pants and laughed at me from the other side. I tried to get my mother’s attention by knocking but she was vacuuming so she didn’t hear. I knocked harder and in my panic broke the window. I felt bad enough about it and still peed my pants but I was blamed for everything. When I pointed out that it wouldn’t have happened if my brother had not locked me out, my bank account was drained to pay for the window while my brother wasn’t punished at all. I only had $30 in it but that forced me to close the account while my brother was accruing interest and kept rubbing it in.

Another example was when I was given a basketball in school by another student who scratched their name off and wrote mine on it. I brought it home and happily showed it off to my parents. Instead of them being happy for me they called around and decided that I had stolen it which resulted in a severe beating and the confiscation of the ball. I also got in trouble with the school and still didn’t understand why. I found out later that this “friend” set me up and the ball actually belonged to the school. I didn’t know about how to tell if it was a school ball, I was just a happy kid. But these injustices are still with me and when I confronted my dad about them he didn’t apologize either, he just waved it off dismissively and said he had forgotten all about it. The point was that I hadn’t forgotten about it and I wanted an apology. So when I encounter attitudes like this in people or management practices I just can’t abide by them. Nobody has the right to mistreat someone and then just cling to their arrogance about it. 

My maternal grandmother was also in the Great Depression but her memories of that time were far different. She didn’t fear doing without. Her memories were not about being hungry but encounters with comical people who lived nearby. Her whole demeanor was completely different. It was one of benevolence and sharing her love of life. She was not attached to money in a way that harmed others. She spared no expense to show us kids all kinds of wonderful experiences. It was about family not greed. Her attitude was one of plenty instead of despair. I really think this had a lot to do with how much richer her life was and it was always more fun on that side of the family. I actually look up to her and my aunts a lot more than anybody else. Their energy is so much better. 

340am.  Can’t seem to get a full nights sleep since coming out to some of my family and my wife.  Still have deeper stress and anxiety about it.  So tired all the time now.  
might as well get up and do my work out and get the day rolling.  Coffee soon!

i hope everyone has a good day.  

• Forum Moderator

It will get easier in time Shawna. I find in times of stress that keeping very busy helps. I am out like a light.

Tracy

1 hour ago, tracy_j said:

It will get easier in time Shawna. I find in times of stress that keeping very busy helps. I am out like a light.

Tracy

Thank you.  I know in time it will get better and I’m normally a very positive person.   I just need to formulate my planB and find some security for my future.  Luckily I have a couple plans to help lower my bill load and allow me to afford to move out eventually.  

Morning everyone. Just got out of gym, yes I made sure to put deodorant before and after. It was  interesting because it's friday, and that means is butt slap friday. (At least, that's what everyone does at my school) I took my friend's slides and participated (Only people I know and agreed to take part) So now I have her shoe still haha. In the locker room they were questioning me politely and I appreciate them doing it kindly and not being invasive. They asked if I would switch over to the boy's locker room, I am no way brave enough to do that though. Anyways, still a good fun morning lol.   

40 minutes ago, lauraincolumbia said:

Butt slap friday?  Does that still happen in the days of #Metoo?

Well I don't know. But we do it in school, and only with the consent of our friends. They can dip whenever they want.

Found out they did put my dad in that nursing home,mom is doing well with the changes and knows he will be taken care of better there.Good thing is his insurance is covering it.He had it set in 1980 planning it out updating it in 1993

Up early again.  -7*F outside so I’m staying in bed until the furnace gets it’s a tad warmer in here.  We keep it set at 56*F at night.  Lol

No work out this AM as I have a full day of joy doing house projects.  I will be up and down the stairs plenty.  
looking forward to my morning coffee!

I’m trying to get in the mood for some kind of productivity with several cups of tea. And updating apps for the nth time this week. 

I also found out that it’s a particularly difficult time for many people who are transitioning. I’m not the only one who is unemployed right now. Doesn’t take the sting away but I guess it’s nice to know that I’m not alone.

• Forum Moderator

There's a lot of people unemployed or underemployed right now where I live. I'm just at the bottom of the barrel because I'm trans, older and can be legally discriminated against. I completely feel you.

I baked a cake yesterday.

Today I'm working on my NaNoWriMo project.

You have to keep busy. It's too easy to disappear into your own head if you're still.

Hugs!

For some reason every weekend I get sick in one way or another and it stifles any creativity I had planned. I don’t know if it’s the weather or just something that I ate. I do have plenty of vitamins. Plenty of orange juice. Plenty of tea. 

Went over to my parent's place,came over with my truck and  enclosed trailer picking up my dad's tools and two toolboxes.Luckily my oldest brother and 2nd older brother were there and helped me load them up.I even took every tool catalog he kept still in good shape.Put them in my garage.

Morning all, might go for a run today. My brother is being stupid but I just tell him that "No one asked for your opinion" haha.

• Forum Moderator
43 minutes ago, Aidan5 said:

Morning all, might go for a run today. My brother is being stupid but I just tell him that "No one asked for your opinion" haha.

Well there's always, 'If I wanted your opinion I would beat it out of you.' That is however very old school.

Another day up early, 4:30 am. Started work at 5:30. took off early today. I am the boss (right now) anyway. I already have OT so decided to save the co a little money.

Well I have been thinking of leaving again with the blow up my family had with me on Halloween. With my wife being they way she is about my transition. My marriage is doing as normal as it has in the past 10 yrs. I guess. But I don't want to stay here and be unhappy. If I continue working on becoming a woman. she will divorce me. But we will still be friends. Yeah, I really believe that.

I am just biding my time until I find the right new job. I am looking to stay with the company. Move to the main offices in Springfield, MO.  All I have been doing lately is thinking of what I want to take. What I am willing to leave behind. It is hard. The love I feel for my wife and family vs the feelings that I need to be come who I am.

I however am scared. That my wife will become like her mom did went my wife's parents divorced. My mother in law was convinced that my father in law was sick. she was almost to the point of stalking him.

She tried to turn my wife against him, she did turn my brothers in law against him for a while.

Well enough of my trivial drama.

Have a great weekend all.

Kymmbrill

It's not trivial Kymmie, there's not a soul here that doesn't understand even the smallest nuance of what you are going through especially me. (((Hugs)))

The drama that comes at you most likely is for trivial reasons but it sure doesn’t feel trivial when it’s directed at you. People like to make it hurt. And the worst part is that usually someone is trying to gaslight you. It’s actually common practice for employers, customer service, and so called friends to behave this way. I’ve been called a drama queen by drama queens. If that’s not gaslighting I don’t know what is. The best thing to do is distance yourself from such nonsense as fast as possible. But just realize that moving to Springfield is going to be quite the experience. I call this the capital of gaslighting in the gaslighting state. Well maybe not but it’s definitely a behavior issue in the state. Last two years 5 out of 6 “friends” gaslit me, and just about every employer has. I guess it’s considered a management style now. 

5 hours ago, NB Adult said:

It's not trivial Kymmie, there's not a soul here that doesn't understand even the smallest nuance of what you are going through especially me. (((Hugs)))

Fully agree here. I am in your boat sister.  My wife accepts what I need to do to be me but will not stay married to me anymore if I do.  
however I have no plan B to be able To move out.  Not enough pay check to support myself.  
good luck to sister.