• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Hopefully things move towards a more conciliatory mood.  Staying married has some advantages, from a fiscal and health point of view.   Have a nice day.  Drive careful out there today!

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Enjoy your morning coffee / tea everyone and have a wonderful day.

Have eight more days to my HRT first appointment and more excited than scared now. Just can hardly wait. Will see my own Dr. in 3 days to see if she can do any blood tests for the clinic ahead of time and forward results. Make sure her R.O.I. (Release Of Information) is faxed ahead of me.

Now to sit back and relax and watch the rain drops fall and enjoy the morning.

Canadian Hugs to all

JoniSteph

49 minutes ago, JoniSteph said:

Have eight more days to my HRT first appointment and more excited than scared now. Just can hardly wait.

It the anticipation that's the killer HUH.  LOL

It is an amazing feeling to just take these little pills.  I mean it made me feel like "Finally I am on my way"  (soaring in the clouds)

Of course then you get a couple to a few weeks into it, you then start saying.  "When the heck is it gonna work?"  LOL

Though I am a very impatient person.  Could just be me.  LOL

1 hour ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Of course then you get a couple to a few weeks into it, you then start saying.  "When the heck is it gonna work?"  

I'm just one week into it and already at that stage ??

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Of course then you get a couple to a few weeks into it, you then start saying.  "When the heck is it gonna work?"

Weeks? I'm pretty sure it's all of us and we're hoping for changes right after that first pill. I saw a cartoon to that effect, but for the life of me, I can't find it. I saw it in a youtube compilation and I have no earthly idea where it came from. Basically it goes:

Trans woman takes her first hormone pill

Five minutes later

Trans woman: I should have been a woman five minutes ago.

Hugs!

I've been busy drawing, practicing my guitar, running errands.

For some reason though, I feel really old today.

Maybe it's the dreary day.

But I just don't feel very bouncy (yeah, like Tigger).

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

I've been busy drawing, practicing my guitar, running errands.

For some reason though, I feel really old today.

Maybe it's the dreary day.

But I just don't feel very bouncy (yeah, like Tigger).

At this point in the year, near Christmas, I get bouncy to the extreme - so up and down, one time major depression then a bit later happy again. It started me, just after Christmas last year,  going out for walks several days a week as these seemed to cure my depression and do keep me fitter (and busier as I usually do over ten and occasionally toward twenty miles a week out in the countryside). It was bad at the end of last week but I am Ok at the moment, looking forward to my daily pot of coffee. I think the dreary weather has a lot to do with it.

Enjoy your day everyone!

Tracy

Dentist and Therapy today.

So it's going to be less fun: no drawing but maybe a little guitar playing later.

Time to make coffee and get started.

Snowy weather predicted for the day too.

I am not so warm and fuzzy about driving in that.

Cheers and a big hug for all.

TA

Possibly going out shopping with a colleague and friend from work. It is a yearly tradition where we go out shopping for our wives and family, usually grabbing some dinner too. This is male mode shopping as I am still not out. Not sure I’m going to socially transition anytime soon in an effort to save my marriage. 

I look forward to this as he’s a good friend and he works remotely, so we don’t get together often. 

Got a chill today, hoping my tea warms me up. 

Have a great day everyone. *hugs*

54 minutes ago, SaraAW said:

This is male mode shopping as I am still not out. Not sure I’m going to socially transition anytime soon in an effort to save my marriage. 

I am in this mode still too.  Shopping "male" but being female inside is hard for me now.  My wife does help me at times when out shopping.  She finds such great deals for the clothing I truly want.  Which in itself is female training on her part.  LOL

We have even bough some of it together.  She gets mad that I am in a smaller size pant/legging then she is.  Though Id trade her for her hips and butt any day!

I am not slowing my transition for anyone any longer, I am not speeding down the highway either.  I am letting it happen organically.  ON hold this month still.  My continued coming out will be in January.  Tough ones coming up for me but I have to do it.  I am an impatient girl.

Its always a personal choice to do what and when and how fast when talking about transition.  I respect your feelings on what you are deciding to do.  Good Luck my friend.

• Forum Moderator

Yesterday we sent out a pile of cards to family and friends.  Today i'll head to the PO with packed presents to send out.  This time of year is always busy but with bad weather and the melancholy that can come with holidays it's good to be busy!

Hugs,

Charlize 

Morning all. The meds I take now seem to give me energy, so waking up is not so dreadful haha. Feels like today is going to be a good one :)

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

I am in this mode still too.  Shopping "male" but being female inside is hard for me now.  My wife does help me at times when out shopping.  She finds such great deals for the clothing I truly want.  Which in itself is female training on her part.  LOL

We have even bough some of it together.  She gets mad that I am in a smaller size pant/legging then she is.  Though Id trade her for her hips and butt any day!

A bunch of clothes outlets around here are closing. That includes two of the big and tall shops. I've been making out like a bandit. So many new, pretty things. Granted I'm still wearing jeans and a t-shirt today, but they're girl jeans dammit. They're also a really pretty dark maroon wash that I can somehow wear despite my skin-tone.

You might also check out the resale shops. I scored a lovely cashmere scarf for less than $20. 

Also, Susan and I are the same pant size. I just want tall/skinny jeans, where she want's something with more room in the seat. I would happily trade any number of things to have HALF her hips/butt though. I totally get where you're coming from.

We're seriously considering turning the spare bedroom upstairs into a walk-in closet. I need more room for my wardrobe.

Hugs!

6 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

A bunch of clothes outlets around here are closing. That includes two of the big and tall shops. I've been making out like a bandit. So many new, pretty things. Granted I'm still wearing jeans and a t-shirt today, but they're girl jeans dammit. They're also a really pretty dark maroon wash that I can somehow wear despite my skin-tone.

You might also check out the resale shops. I scored a lovely cashmere scarf for less than $20. 

Also, Susan and I are the same pant size. I just want tall/skinny jeans, where she want's something with more room in the seat. I would happily trade any number of things to have HALF her hips/butt though. I totally get where you're coming from.

We're seriously considering turning the spare bedroom upstairs into a walk-in closet. I need more room for my wardrobe.

Hugs!

That’s wonderful. I’ve found some good bargains at second hand shops too. Pretended I was buying for my wife. 

I must admit I’m happy for you and a little jealous. I hope to get a point in our relationship where we can share clothes, we’re pretty close to the same size, excluding the bra size. 

Oh my, a walk-in closet the size of a room, that would be a dream come true. I think you two should totally do that.  

*hugs*

Finding out I am going to be in a monologue with 9 other transgender women next year today.Excited and going to be in Febuary of next year.I am excited already and get to tell my story as a post op transsexual.

• Forum Moderator

I hear you girls on the shopping. It is hard shopping for feminine finery while in male mode. I think it is one of the key things that a trans person has to overcome. Maybe a right of passage.

Morning folks! Been a kind of rough start today. Alarm didn’t go off this morning so I overslept and was late to work. Boss seemed fairly chill with it though. No coffee but a lot of Mt Dew lol. 

Side note: one of my buddies at work was kinda picking on me. (We have that friendly-insult kind of friendship) kept referring to me as Miss And Ma’am. He doesn’t know I’m MTF, so in my head I’m chuckling. Anyway have a great day. I’m gonna turn this rough start into a good day.

Morning drive was way to early.  I have been having troubles sleeping through the night and now I cant seem to wake up at the alarm.  SOOOOO hard convincing myself to go work out and start my morning routine.  

Coffee for the road.  Long drive to work (1.5 hrs) with very little I can do once I am there.  Listen to my audio book and drink the way to hot coffee slowly.

Oh well.  Its a living.

• Forum Moderator
15 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I hear you girls on the shopping. It is hard shopping for feminine finery while in male mode. I think it is one of the key things that a trans person has to overcome. Maybe a right of passage.

I actually cheated a little to get started. A friend lost her mother and was getting rid of some of her things. Susan asked for clothes, so we got a couple of storage bind full. We picked through for what fit and I got a bit of a wardrobe seed. So really the first time we went wardrobe shopping together, I had the beginnings of my female wardrobe already.

Hugs!

I also have had a bit of a cheat in this.  My wife when we met was a bit heavier then I am now.  She has enough clothing to open her own shop I swear.   Of all sizes it seems.  Mostly packed away in those big plastic totes.

So we have been going through all her old stuff she is getting ready to donate or sell and giving me a ton of stuff.  Mostly jeans right now but its a start.  A bunch of fleece pants too for around the house during the winter.  I don't think I will ever fit into her tops though.  My hockey player shoulders are still pretty wide and muscular even though I have lost so much weight.  

• Forum Moderator
17 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

Finding out I am going to be in a monologue with 9 other transgender women next year today.Excited and going to be in February of next year.I am excited already and get to tell my story as a post op transsexual.

What does this entail Debra?  Is it somewhere local?  Will it be a one time occurrence? 

Jani

Morning all, I had a very awkward bus ride. 

The kid next to me still thinks I am a cis guy ahaha. He never asked so I just went with it lol (I feel bad for lying but I dont think I will tell him anytime soon) So he turns to me and asks me..

"What's your view on trans people?" 

So I kinda just sat there and before I could say anything he told me 

"If a girl is trying to be a boy, I am still going to call her a her, because she will always be a she. The same for the other way around."

So, I spoke up and told him that he should respect other people's pronouns. I don't hate him for his view but it is pretty mean not gonna lie, I will always respect other's views on subjects. I really don't want to be his friend anymore so I am just gonna avoid him. I won't start any drama because I am a gentleman (Sometimes haha)

• Forum Moderator

Cis or trans, a guy is still a guy. He wasn't all that far off. You're not really lying if you're being true to yourself. I tell people I'm a woman. That's true. I just need a couple of renovations to get my body caught up to the rest of me.

What a peculiar thing to strike up a conversation about. I admire your restraint. Depending on the day, I might have let him have it.

Hopefully, he'll learn better manners as he gets older.

Hugs!

46 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

What a peculiar thing to strike up a conversation about. I admire your restraint. Depending on the day, I might have let him have it.

I feel like he may have caught on to me or something. Since my friend Tyler and I were having a conversation about sports and trans teams.