• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Good morning!

I find my entire Internet goes down or gets spotty from time to time.

Hazards of living out in the mountains I guess.

TA

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

I haven't experienced any slowdown or outage today.  

• Forum Moderator

I have am not aware of the site going down on any regular basis. The last I am aware of was that time around the beginning of December (or late November).

Tracy

I've been having some intermittent difficulty getting the site to load, when other websites are loading fine. Not sure the problem, nor do I believe it's an issue with the site. Android tablets have their own issues.

But coffee has been good this morning nonetheless.

Good morning!  Got my coffee on and watching "The Good Dinosaur" with my kids. My nephew is supposed to be over later for some Star Wars RPG. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Forum Moderator
56 minutes ago, JustineM said:

Good morning!  Got my coffee on and watching "The Good Dinosaur" with my kids. My nephew is supposed to be over later for some Star Wars RPG. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

Ahh! Which edition? I want to know if the FFG version is any good.

Hugs!

54 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Ahh! Which edition? I want to know if the FFG version is any good.

Hugs!

Its the Wizards of the Coast d20 edition.  Im a little bit of a traditionalist in my RPGs lol

• Forum Moderator
51 minutes ago, JustineM said:

Its the Wizards of the Coast d20 edition.  Im a little bit of a traditionalist in my RPGs lol

Well, I have that TOO... but I picked up Genesys and I haven't got my group to try it yet. I was hoping all the bells and whistles were worth the work. Happy gaming!

Hugs!

I had coffee this morning with a new friend (trans woman) who I was introduced to through a local affirming church. This was my first time to have any in-person contact with someone in the local community.

My wife was against me meeting her (and refused to stop calling her a 'he') but I put my foot down and said I was going anyways. She is adamant about refusing to use correct pronouns for anyone, claiming 'reality' is on her side. Sorry, just venting. I still love her very much and am choosing to be patient.

Belle ❤️

• Forum Moderator

She's made her intentions towards you QUITE clear. I'm not sure where she thinks she gets a say in your activities and certainly not who you spend your time with. Her behavior is also quite offensive. You are all women, she just don't want to accept that and is using her religion to be a bigot. Like Ghandi said, "I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ."

You have every right to vent. She's being awful. I'm glad you found a new friend though. I could use more trans friends who live within, "Let's have lunch!" distance.

Hugs!

Hi everyone! I’m up early today but I’m probably not going to get coffee because I’m going to need a few more hours of sleep if I want to function tonight at work. So anyway it’s been a crazy few weeks but I’m actually starting to enjoy being in an office setting at work. However the downside is that it does make it easier to put on the pounds. So I’m trying to explore ways to stop eating so much and trim down my waistline with a better diet. Unfortunately it’s not easy because my schedule does kinda mean eating on the run before work. I am eating salad daily but it’s not the only thing. I’m still eating pizza or other fast food when I’m in a hurry. However I have started to drink at least one fiber shake a day because snacking on ramen noodles doesn’t really help digestion. And let’s face it: ramen is cheap. I can feast for a week on $2. But I’m also really hungry more often. So drinking metamucil shakes is something I am trying just to help keep the hunger gremlins at bay and also possibly get my waistline to trim down. Has anyone else seen good results from adding more fiber to their diet? 

Yes ,  more when they are in season the good old apple . Some times when you go looking in the grocery store a lot of dented cans are left behind . So the search can be kind of fun for the ones that are not damaged but nature , trucking or some times sampled . 

I'm an oatmeal everyday kind of person. High fiber, not difficult to digest, dresses up well with the additives of your choice. It's touted as heart healthy, good for cholesterol, etc. Do I sound like a commercial? Or an addict? I like my oatmeal!

@TammyAnne unless you start wearing black pilgrim clothes and buckle shoes and putting your picture on oatmeal packaging I think you’re safe for the moment. I like oatmeal too but I also really have to budget strictly because I’m trying to let my paychecks catch up. So that’s why I’m eating a lot of ramen. In fact this is the first week I actually wasn’t completely broke right after payday. So I’m definitely going to start pricing healthy foods and see how they fit into my budget. Cooking hasn’t been as easy lately just because I’m short on time. And I’m also playing catch up on sleep more often than I care to do just because of this schedule and being jarred awake every day at around 7:30 am when I would rather sleep straight up until 12 pm. The struggle is still very real.

Thanks for the tips. I’m definitely noticing that fiber helps me eat less often though. 

One thing I’ll do is smoothies on the go. Usually take 5 min or so to make. One of my go-tos is 1 banana, about a 1/4 cup of peanut butter, a little honey to sweeten and enough milk to make it smooth enough to drink. Other than that it can be as simple as frozen fruit of choice with milk and yogurt.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Josie Beth said:

Hi everyone! I’m up early today but I’m probably not going to get coffee because I’m going to need a few more hours of sleep if I want to function tonight at work. So anyway it’s been a crazy few weeks but I’m actually starting to enjoy being in an office setting at work. However the downside is that it does make it easier to put on the pounds. So I’m trying to explore ways to stop eating so much and trim down my waistline with a better diet. Unfortunately it’s not easy because my schedule does kinda mean eating on the run before work. I am eating salad daily but it’s not the only thing. I’m still eating pizza or other fast food when I’m in a hurry. However I have started to drink at least one fiber shake a day because snacking on ramen noodles doesn’t really help digestion. And let’s face it: ramen is cheap. I can feast for a week on $2. But I’m also really hungry more often. So drinking metamucil shakes is something I am trying just to help keep the hunger gremlins at bay and also possibly get my waistline to trim down. Has anyone else seen good results from adding more fiber to their diet? 

On the advice of my personal trainer, I use protein to slim down. Breakfast is generally 1c almond milk plus .25c 100% Whey Protein ... I don't know what to call it. Shake mix? Lunch is usually a skinless chicken breast with hot honey mustard on it with a cup of yogurt and a pear or other piece of fruit. Dinner is whatever I felt like making that night or the leftovers from whatever I felt like making the night before (or the night before that with certain big dishes). For snacks, I take hard-boiled eggs. I get fast food twice a month or less and if we're eating out, I try to pick something healthy with a lot of protein in it.

The idea here is that your body doesn't really have a way to store the extra protein and it helps you to feel more full. For my height and approximate build, I have a limit of (about) 130g protein a day. I can usually manage to hit about 100 because protein loading is hard. though my trainer suggested that if I want to go high, I should add a fourth meal and just reduce the sizes of my portions.

Take that with a grain of salt. Well, not literally unless you need more sodium. I also work out an average of three hours a day. I'm not buff by any stretch of the imagination (thank you HRT), but I'm starting to get some definition in my arms, legs and back. I actually look pretty damn good in a tank top these days.

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

Hi

I had a difficult morning today. Extreme depression.  My psychiatrist changed my antidepressants and I don’t think the change is working.  I’m better now but it was as bad as it’s been in a couple of years.

Her reason was generally people my age can have coronary problems on what I was taking.   Thing is my echo is perfect and my primary care and cardiologist both agree I am very heart healthy.  I’m going to insist on going back when I see her again.

willow

2 hours ago, Willow said:

Hi

I had a difficult morning today. Extreme depression.  My psychiatrist changed my antidepressants and I don’t think the change is working.  I’m better now but it was as bad as it’s been in a couple of years.

Her reason was generally people my age can have coronary problems on what I was taking.   Thing is my echo is perfect and my primary care and cardiologist both agree I am very heart healthy.  I’m going to insist on going back when I see her again.

willow

I'm sorry to hear that Willow :( I know what it's like. I hate depression. My medicine was working perfectly until my discovery of dysphoria. My doctor increased the dosage but I'm still depressed every day. Pretty much all day. Hopefully a higher dose will work for me. And I hope you are able to get back to normal soon.

Belle ❤

• Forum Moderator

Just got back from a great visit with my oldest and his family and also seen our middle son and his family. Found out my middle sons Girlfriend is having another boy. So, I will have 3 grandsons.

I however found out my oldest seems to detest transsexuals. I don't think he will be fairly receptive of me being transgender. I hope he is open minded so I can still see my grandkids. 

Now that is going to weigh on my mind. I am going to still work towards my transition. I still need to be happy with my life.

Kymmie

3 hours ago, Willow said:

Hi

willow

I feel for you dear.

My doctors all agreed that I was depressed, prescribed an antidepressant for me. I promptly experienced double vision. After stopping the meds, it got mostly better.

I'm left to climb my way out of depression by my own means.

It's not easy, but it's been a long, slow process.

• Forum Moderator

Hi, thanks for the encouragement everyone.

So this is kinda weird. Last couple of weeks I can’t seem to get my phone to load the site or the forum in the mornings. After about 12:30 I can get in no problem but the mornings it just won’t do it. Tried clearing my history and all but still have that issue.

2 hours ago, JustineM said:

So this is kinda weird. Last couple of weeks I can’t seem to get my phone to load the site or the forum in the mornings. After about 12:30 I can get in no problem but the mornings it just won’t do it. Tried clearing my history and all but still have that issue.

I have been having a Teri me time on my phone and laptop on and off for a few days too.  I’d lose it for an entire dysphoria causing day.  Lol

i hate when I can’t check in and act semi smart. Lol

Seriously.  I have no idea why.  

I only have the issue on my phone. Yesterday I couldn’t log in so I tried on my laptop and had no issues. Just in the mornings though.

And @ShawnaLeigh you are plenty smart, please don’t tell yourself otherwise.