• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

On 1/26/2020 at 11:09 AM, TammyAnne said:

Finished coffee a long while back.

Then spent three hours shaving to get ready for my first laser hair removal appointment tomorrow. I hope they're not too stringent about my shaving, it's difficult to reach some places. After shave I felt around, then took my balding clippers to leftover fuzzy places hoping it won't grow in too fast. Caution: never use the clippers on your tender parts, I found that out the hard way years ago.

And of course, I'm such a dummy. I always keep my backup data RAID with me on in a safe place. I bent over to unplug it, lost my balance starting to fall. But when I reached out to catch myself, all my weight went on the middle finger of my right hand, bending it backwards severely. It's sore and swollen, but I guess I'll be alright. Just red faced.

TA

OMG I am so sorry you had that spill.  I do things like this all the time now.  I use to be a very well coordinated and prefect balanced person.  Now I am a mess some days.  

I hope it heals fast.  Fingers suck to break too.  I've had all 8 fingers broken in one shot one summer as a kid.  Tried to Evil Kenevil something way to far with my bike and went over the handle bars.  LOL

My day is going along fast due to be busy at work  Mondays always are here.  Though it is good with my appointment later to check out this dang uninvited lump.  I hope its either nothing or bad enough they need to go in for surgery.  I already have a couple letters recommending a Bilateral Orchidectomy.

Maybe something good can come from this.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Jani said:

Kathy I assume the GRP is in the UK?  Will you be having any school diplomas upgraded as well?  I don't know if that's really important after a certain point in our lives.  

Jani

Yes, I should have mentioned that, it's in the UK.  I was born in Northern Ireland, so I have to follow British rules and procedures to get my birth certificate changed.  I won't bother with school diplomas.  The only one worth changing would be my university degree.  But I'm retired, so I won't be submitting resumes anywhere: no one is going to care. 

1 hour ago, KathyLauren said:

I just got confirmation from the Gender Recognition Panel that they have received my application.  Now I just have to pay them and the process will be under way.

Congratulations!  I'm excited for you.

Count me in the good mood crowd.  Last week, I had painted my nails for the first time in almost three decades, and my wife and son surprised me by bringing me several colors of really good polish, plus some eyeliner (she said I'd look hot in it!).  I also did some clothes shopping this weekend, and re-discovered something I'd managed to forget over the years - womens' clothes fit me better than mens'! Like, every time I'd by a pair of pants, they'd need hemming because there just aren't many 5'2" guys out there.  I grab a couple of pairs of pants from the ladies section (thank you. TransPulse size guide!), and they fit perfectly!

I am so full of *squee!* right now... 

On 1/27/2020 at 10:06 AM, ShawnaLeigh said:

OMG I am so sorry you had that spill.  I do things like this all the time now.  I use to be a very well coordinated and prefect balanced person.  Now I am a mess some days.  

I hope it heals fast.  Fingers suck to break too.  I've had all 8 fingers broken in one shot one summer as a kid.  Tried to Evil Kenevil something way to far with my bike and went over the handle bars.  LOL

My day is going along fast due to be busy at work  Mondays always are here.  Though it is good with my appointment later to check out this dang uninvited lump.  I hope its either nothing or bad enough they need to go in for surgery.  I already have a couple letters recommending a Bilateral Orchidectomy.

Maybe something good can come from this.

I hope something good does come from this.

For me, it's been a busy two days.

Yesterday, doctors pronounced my finger not broken, just badly sprained.

Laser hair treatment went well. I feel pretty happy about that.

Today, Oncology follow up went well. Follow up in 6 months.

Things are pretty okay.

TA

Had a full day yesterday and did not even post here to tell.  Duh...

Voice training initial eval went super but ended up being two hours long!   I had some stress and tensing issues with my neck voice box, and shoulders.  Even in my jaw so it was effecting my speech.  I was shown a few exercises and stretching for this and after a short message to assist getting loose I had my eval.  My base line is 157 which she said was in the gender neutral range.  There is hope for me.

My ultrasound went ok.  She made me jump one time with a sharp pain but other then that it went well.  No idea when I will get or see results.

This morning was crap.  I remembered last night I had forgotten some important papers in one hospital that I needed in another today.  I had to get up at 3am to go retrieve them before heading over to NH.  2.5 hour commute.  Sigh...

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

2 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Had a full day yesterday and did not even post here to tell.  Duh...

Voice training initial eval went super but ended up being two hours long!   I had some stress and tensing issues with my neck voice box, and shoulders.  Even in my jaw so it was effecting my speech.  I was shown a few exercises and stretching for this and after a short message to assist getting loose I had my eval.  My base line is 157 which she said was in the gender neutral range.  There is hope for me.

My ultrasound went ok.  She made me jump one time with a sharp pain but other then that it went well.  No idea when I will get or see results.

This morning was crap.  I remembered last night I had forgotten some important papers in one hospital that I needed in another today.  I had to get up at 3am to go retrieve them before heading over to NH.  2.5 hour commute.  Sigh...

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Sorry you got an ouchy in ultrasound, but I understand. Getting an ultrasound on my kidneys last year the guy warned me that it might be painful. I sort of scoffed at the idea looking at the machine. Sure enough though there was enough pressure applied that it hurt.

Keep us posted on your results!

TA

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone 

I’m sorry to here some of you didn’t have the best of days

I had a fantastic day.  I had a psychiatrist appointment today. She is about two hours away so. Any time I go, we make a day of it eating out, shopping, whatever we want or need to do.  

So here is what made my day so great.  I went fully dressed up,  hair, nails, makeup wearing a dress, heels.  The whole thing.  Now to some of you that’s probably a so what’s the big deal,?  For me it’s the first time I’ve ever done that.  Two years of counseling etc I’ve never gone to an appointment dressed as Willow.  My wife was ok with it which is no small thing for her.  The Dr was a. Little surprised to see me.  During our time she did complement me that I looked good.  

I felt good, was happy, was not misgendered anywhere we went.  Now to me it couldn’t get much better than that.  And honestly, in spite of my wife not normally liking me dressed, she also complemented me, and we’ve been getting along better than we have in years.

All in all, a pretty great day for me.

hugs. 

Willow

Willow, That sounds amazing!  I’m so glad you had a great experience. 

Shawna, really happy the voice training started so well. That’s exciting that you’re already in the androgynous range. Sorry to hear that you’re still on a bit of a crazy rollercoaster ride in general right now.  Hopefully things can settle some soon. 

TammyAnne, Glad your fingers not broken and that you got more good news, the oncology report. 

As for me, all is okay right now. Looking for forward to my first of tea for the morning, a nice spearmint herbal to help settle my tummy. 

Have a great day everyone! Hugs!

7 hours ago, Willow said:

I went fully dressed up,  hair, nails, makeup wearing a dress, heels.  The whole thing.  Now to some of you that’s probably a so what’s the big deal,?  For me it’s the first time I’ve ever done that

OMG that is fantastic!!!  I have yet to step out my front door with anything more then female undies and clogs.  The rest has been a full male presentation.

I look forward to this but I admit it scares me to death.  Baby steps I guess.

I am so happy for you Willow!

1 hour ago, SaraAW said:

Shawna, really happy the voice training started so well. That’s exciting that you’re already in the androgynous range. Sorry to hear that you’re still on a bit of a crazy rollercoaster ride in general right now.  Hopefully things can settle some soon. 

Thanks hon.  I needed this.  I am definitely on a rollercoaster these days.  I hate rollercoasters!

LOL

I am doing fine though.  One day at a time.  

Today I am at the daily grind again.  Still nursing my first travel mug.  For some odd reason I did not even take a sip of it until I was almost at work.  Weird.  How do you forget coffee?!?!

Have a great day everyone!

23 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Glad you were able to get your voice training started. It is a long and hard process but is worth it. I am only part way through and already so much happier.

8 hours ago, Willow said:

So here is what made my day so great.  I went fully dressed up,  hair, nails, makeup wearing a dress, heels.  The whole thing.  Now to some of you that’s probably a so what’s the big deal,?  For me it’s the first time I’ve ever done that.  Two years of counseling etc I’ve never gone to an appointment dressed as Willow.  My wife was ok with it which is no small thing for her.  The Dr was a. Little surprised to see me.  During our time she did complement me that I looked good.  

So great you managed to do this. Such a big step and glad things are progressing.

50 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Today I am at the daily grind again.  Still nursing my first travel mug.  For some odd reason I did not even take a sip of it until I was almost at work.  Weird.  How do you forget coffee?!?!

I find that is the sign of super sleepiness. Too tired without your coffee to drink coffee.

I am continuing to be very sleepy today. I think my caffiene isn't strong enough....

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone.  

Thank you @Krisvm and @ShawnaLeigh for your kind words I particular.  I do think I need to clarify something.  This was not the first time I’ve been out dressed.  But the first time I have presented to a doctor helping me along my path.  Like many of you, I am not out to the world, just family, a few friends and support groups, and of course all my doctors.  

for you youngsters, the older you get the more doctors you have.  It just a measurement of age.  

Im about halfway through my first cup for the day.  Our dog decided we’d been in bed long enough and got us up.

hugs 

Willow

Good morning everyone! I have a coffee with candy cane in it this morning until I get warmed up. 

I’m finally moved out of the horrible apartment I was in for almost 2 years. I’m moved in with another trans woman who is post op, so it’s much better for me psychologically. I don’t have to pretend to be someone else. I’m also relieved to have my own bathroom. Finally a tub to soak in!

Soon I’ll be able to finally get on the hormone regimen that I really want to be on. It’s nice to have a guide help figure all of that out. I’d be totally lost still. They are going to introduce me to their therapist and PCP Friday so I’m excited! Well I’m containing my excitement but it’s definitely a huge step in the right direction!

42 minutes ago, Josie Beth said:

Good morning everyone! I have a coffee with candy cane in it this morning until I get warmed up. 

I’m finally moved out of the horrible apartment I was in for almost 2 years. I’m moved in with another trans woman who is post op, so it’s much better for me psychologically. I don’t have to pretend to be someone else. I’m also relieved to have my own bathroom. Finally a tub to soak in!

Soon I’ll be able to finally get on the hormone regimen that I really want to be on. It’s nice to have a guide help figure all of that out. I’d be totally lost still. They are going to introduce me to their therapist and PCP Friday so I’m excited! Well I’m containing my excitement but it’s definitely a huge step in the right direction!

Things seem to be definitely looking up for you.  This is wonderful news!

I am happy for you.

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Josie Beth said:

I’m finally moved out of the horrible apartment I was in for almost 2 years. I’m moved in with another trans woman who is post op, so it’s much better for me psychologically.

This is good news @Josie Beth.  I hope it works out for both of you.  Having someone that can guide you along is super! 

Jani 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning TP,  this morning I’m having what I call... a “Poor Man’s Caramel Mocha”.  It’s Coffee, a teaspoon of cocoa, a teaspoon of zero calorie salted Caramel syrup, one Stevia.  It’s not Starbucks but it’s not bad.

I’m in a great mood this morning.  My wife and I spent the evening at our neighbors house trying all these new “keto and paleo” friendly recipes she had been working on all day.  The food was extraordinary.  Loved these things called Shrimp & Onion Nests....never hear of them but Mmmmmm.  Our neighbor has recently decided to go completely healthy with her diet and wanted to test her skills on us.  Well worth being her guinea pigs last night.  It was a wonderful time...just 3 women having a night in, sharing and eating together. So fun!

Have a great day everyone,

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator
On 1/27/2020 at 11:42 AM, KathyLauren said:

I just got confirmation from the Gender Recognition Panel that they have received my application.  Now I just have to pay them and the process will be under way.

I am having a good day.  I just got off the phone with the GRP in Britain, and my processing fee is paid.  They will start working on my file tomorrow.  Yay!

Calling the UK was an adventure.  It was easy to look up the overseas dialing code (011-44), but there is a trick to dialing British phone numbers.  The Brits always write their area codes with a leading zero, but overseas callers must not dial the zero.  Took me a while and some googling to figure that one out!

Anyway, all done now except the waiting.

Regards,

Kathy

• Forum Moderator

Very good progress @KathyLauren !  Yes I recall that peculiarity as I used to call one of our British offices regularly.  I believe its the same way calling into the States from outside North America as well.  

As our departed friend Tom Petty sang, "the waiting is the hardest part".  Hopefully it will fly by.

Jani 

On 1/30/2020 at 11:04 AM, Susan R said:

Good morning TP,  this morning I’m having what I call... a “Poor Man’s Caramel Mocha”.  It’s Coffee, a teaspoon of cocoa, a teaspoon of zero calorie salted Caramel syrup, one Stevia.  It’s not Starbucks but it’s not bad.

I’m in a great mood this morning.  My wife and I spent the evening at our neighbors house trying all these new “keto and paleo” friendly recipes she had been working on all day.  The food was extraordinary.  Loved these things called Shrimp & Onion Nests....never hear of them but Mmmmmm.  Our neighbor has recently decided to go completely healthy with her diet and wanted to test her skills on us.  Well worth being her guinea pigs last night.  It was a wonderful time...just 3 women having a night in, sharing and eating together. So fun!

Susan R?

I"ll have to try a Poor Man's Caramel Mocha.  Sounds delicious!

There are definitely some good recipes out there that are Keto and Paleo friendly.  Individual meals aren't the problem.  Living the lifestyle for an extended period of time is a challenge.

Good morning all, my heart is running at about a million miles per hour. On the bus today me and Eaven were talking about liking people and we basically told each other that we liked one another. How we move on from this, I don't know but I want to pursue it. I also made friends with a kid named Mickey who claimed to be Demi-Gender and I accept them for that :) Ack I am so exited to see Eaven again so we can talk more. 

• Forum Moderator
35 minutes ago, Aidan5 said:

Good morning all, my heart is running at about a million miles per hour. On the bus today me and Eaven were talking about liking people and we basically told each other that we liked one another. How we move on from this, I don't know but I want to pursue it. I also made friends with a kid named Mickey who claimed to be Demi-Gender and I accept them for that :) Ack I am so exited to see Eaven again so we can talk more. 

Squee! Ahem, I mean good on you! It's fantastic that you've got a shot at a relationship with Eaven. As to how to move on from this... just do it. Every relationship is different. In the best relationships, you cover for each other's weaknesses and build on each other's strengths. For now though, just enjoy each other's company. Do things you like together and treat each other with respect.

Hugs!

35 minutes ago, Jackie C. said:

Squee! Ahem, I mean good on you! It's fantastic that you've got a shot at a relationship with Eaven. As to how to move on from this... just do it. Every relationship is different. In the best relationships, you cover for each other's weaknesses and build on each other's strengths. For now though, just enjoy each other's company. Do things you like together and treat each other with respect.

Hugs!

I am so happy I am finding hard to stay calm in my english class haha. I told him he meant the world to me, he was respectful and respected my boundaries from day one. I really did hit the jackpot, he is so sweet. I will protect him at all costs!

On 1/30/2020 at 7:16 AM, Josie Beth said:

That's really great news!

Congratulations.

Sounds like the road is smoothing out ahead of you now.

(((Big  hug)))

TA

On 1/30/2020 at 10:04 AM, Susan R said:

Susan R?

Coffee and chocolate mixed makes a very interesting buzz. I found that out visiting the Univ. of New Mexico where the student union serves that.

It's a little addicting.

TA

Coffee long ago finished, but went in for my second laser hair removal treatment this morning.

To be honest, I'm floating on a cloud today! It feels so great to be making real progress. Yaaay!

TA

• Forum Moderator

Afternoon cup of dark roast here, and it's just pouring out there today. 

@TammyAnne - sure a good feeling to be making progress, good luck....