• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

3 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

This situation here is why I have asthma (and a couple other autoimmune problems). Don't poison the newborn. They will not thank you for it later in life.

I respect your right to do anything you like to and/or with your own body. However, I also ask that you respect the rights of everyone else not to have to absorb the fallout from your choices.

Hugs!

Another former smoker here.

I've been quit for so long that it's completely behind me. But in the early days of quitting I was very repulsed by smoke.

Now I just move away from it. But then many parts of the country smoking is becoming rarer.

TA

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Went in for my eye exam which I do have done each year.Eye doctor did see something with my left eye, astigmatism and told me time for glasses or surgery.Decided on the glasses which are on order.There was no way they were going to stick something in my eye to fix it.I did see a few of the letters were blurry

• Forum Moderator

I'm going to need eye surgery this year for early onset of cataracts due to my medication.  I've been terrified of this but have been told by many (including my parents) that its quick, simple and painless.  So my fear has been ramped down considerably.  My spouse had Lasik surgery years ago (very similar) and she experienced no pain or side effects.  So when the time comes don't be fearful.    

I will get used to wearing glasses.With me being 41,I knew this eye exam was needed and knew the vision problems were going to start sometime.

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Jani said:

I've been terrified of this but have been told by many (including my parents) that its quick, simple and painless.

My wife had both her eyes done last year, Jani. She would agree with your parents.  It sounds scary to me but I’m a ‘needle phobic’ so I would be hard pressed to even have the first part of it done.

Note: she has better vision now than ever before and would tell you it was worth the trouble.

9 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

Eye doctor did see something with my left eye, astigmatism and told me time for glasses or surgery.

I have one in each eye and my vision is "almost" bad enough to need glasses full time to read.  I was given contacts to try but they were weighted so regardless of how they were put in they would spin to align the contact with the astigmatism.  I could not get used to the "objects" in my eye constantly and kept rubbing my eyes.  Weighted contacts are way thinker then regular one I am told.   I have glasses but only to read and not full time.

They never once said the word surgery though...

Great appointment with my HRT doctor yesterday (as Shawna) and received another recommendation letter towards my Orchi.  That's two now and I want a third from my PCP doctor as well which is this Thursday.

Only 7 weeks more of this pain and discomfort!

(Sigh)

Well day two with my coffee back and I am coming back to normal Shawna.  Witchy Shawna was no body's friend.  LOL

Have a great day all!

• Forum Moderator

I had one eye done Jani and will do the other is it needs doing in time. No pain and a quick recovery.

Sounds like the path is opening up Shewna.  

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, Jani said:

I'm going to need eye surgery this year for early onset of cataracts due to my medication.  I've been terrified of this but have been told by many (including my parents) that its quick, simple and painless.  So my fear has been ramped down considerably.  My spouse had Lasik surgery years ago (very similar) and she experienced no pain or side effects.  So when the time comes don't be fearful.    

Good luck with this Jani, we would not want you to miss out here :)

Hugs

C

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

I have one in each eye and my vision is "almost" bad enough to need glasses full time to read.  I was given contacts to try but they were weighted so regardless of how they were put in they would spin to align the contact with the astigmatism.  I could not get used to the "objects" in my eye constantly and kept rubbing my eyes.

I have worn glasses since I was in my early 20s. I haven't tried contacts I couldn't stand anything in my eyes. I have a bad enough time just putting in eye drops. Let alone contacts.

Well today and tomorrow I have the closing shift. same with next week. Our other Asst manager is learning to open the store. So what do I do when I could sleep in. I'm already up. damn body. LOL.

Well guys and gals it is showing 12 on the patio fence. with blowing snow. I think my blockers are causing me to be cold most of the time. Well it must be the price I have to pay to be who I am.

Stay warm everyone.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

I noticed the same thing with my estridiol. Until the hot flashes stated pre-surgery I was usually wearing a couple of layers. On the plus side, cuddling up under a couple of blankets is one of the great joys of winter so...

Hugs!

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

I think my blockers are causing me to be cold most of the time. Well it must be the price I have to pay to be who I am.

OMG I am freezing all the time now. Lat fall when I started I was wearing a full compliment of sweat pants and t shirt and hoodie to bed.  LOL

Socks I have always worn to bed except in summer.

Vermont is not the warmest state either even in the summer.  LOL

35 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

OMG I am freezing all the time now. Lat fall when I started I was wearing a full compliment of sweat pants and t shirt and hoodie to bed.  LOL

Socks I have always worn to bed except in summer.

Vermont is not the warmest state either even in the summer.  LOL

But I also lost over a 100 pounds of winter padding too.  LOL

45 minutes ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

But I also lost over a 100 pounds of winter padding too.  LOL

I wonder if that's why I am so cold all the time. I've managed to shed 30 lbs myself (yay!) and I gone from being hot all the time to "can't get warm unless i'm in the tub"...

3 hours ago, MetaLicious said:

I wonder if that's why I am so cold all the time. I've managed to shed 30 lbs myself (yay!) and I gone from being hot all the time to "can't get warm unless i'm in the tub"...

I literally can not seem to generate heat any longer.  Being heavy I was always warm.  Sweaty all the time during summer.  
Now my hands and feet feel like they are going to break off from being frozen.  Lol

Good Morning! I just got home from work. I started the coffee maker. (It's programmable. But that's kinda like programming your vcr. It's a no brainier to just hit the record button.) I let my cell phone at work yesterday. But I survived a day without. I'm not one of those people who would have a nervous breakdown if I didn't have my phone.

Good night at work. Nobody died. Didn't have to send anyone to the hospital. And nobody fell out of bed. All my patients slept. With the exception of one patient who is as much a night owl as I am. He just visited with me all night, drank coffee and I allowed him to go outside for the occasional cigarette. He also had some laundry for me to do. I usually do about 7 loads of sheets and bedding a night when things are quiet. Then I fold bibs, napkins and table cloths. I'm not much for sitting around  doing nothing. I like to keep busy. I do my patient rounds every two hours and make sure everyone is ok. 

I received a nice gift from the members of the resident council. A brand new coffee cup. I'll get some use out of it.

I've got a few thing to do this morning then I'll catch some shuteye before going back in tonight.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Be safe. Be smart.

20200226_033623[1].jpg

WORK1[1].jpg

WORK2[1].jpg

Good morning everyone!

Beautiful sunrise this morning, coffee is finished and I'm feeling energetic. Well, a little anyway.

Been sleeping well the past few nights. But also having interesting dreams in which I go in for Orchidectomy surgery. One dream had me having three testicles to remove!

I'm about to get my day started, so let me wish you all well!

TA

• Forum Moderator

Good Friday morning everyone. Well my Friday anyway. Actually slept good last night only had to get up once to pee. I wore sleep pants and seemed to help keep me warm. vs what I usually wear which is very little. Then again We didn't have a cold wind pounding on the bedroom wall all night.

Now I know the reason I hate closing. It can be boring. which it was last night. Got most of the closing done early then nothing.

Everyone stay warm as normal.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning everyone 

had two cups of black dark roast this morning.

@Donnie_1961 those are wonderful pictures you posted. Very natural.

my stress level is rather high right now.  And when my stress level gets this high I tend to freeze.  No, not cold temperature but unable to do the things I need to do.  I’m in the middle of a project at home and I just can’t get going on the next step.  

Stress also makes my dysphoria worse.  This much stress over whelms my anti depression meds, but even if I could take an extra, it takes a week to make a difference and usually by then I’m naturally better.  I just have to find a way to push through this. 

Willow

• Forum Moderator

We had to take the hound to the vet to have a growth on her tail removed.  Since she had to be there early, we had breakfast out.  Strawberry waffles, Mmm!

Since we were in town anyway, I went to the government office to get new license plates for the car.  They lent me a screwdriver to remove the old ones, but it didn't fit the bolts.  A nice young man in the next parking stall got out a wrench and removed them for me.  He was still there when I came out with the new plates, so he helped again with his wrench.

I don't mind a bit when men are chivalrous. :)

Regards,

Kathy

2 hours ago, Donnie_1961 said:

Good Morning! I just got home from work. I started the coffee maker. (It's programmable. But that's kinda like programming your vcr. It's a no brainier to just hit the record button.) I let my cell phone at work yesterday. But I survived a day without. I'm not one of those people who would have a nervous breakdown if I didn't have my phone.

Good night at work. Nobody died. Didn't have to send anyone to the hospital. And nobody fell out of bed. All my patients slept. With the exception of one patient who is as much a night owl as I am. He just visited with me all night, drank coffee and I allowed him to go outside for the occasional cigarette. He also had some laundry for me to do. I usually do about 7 loads of sheets and bedding a night when things are quiet. Then I fold bibs, napkins and table cloths. I'm not much for sitting around  doing nothing. I like to keep busy. I do my patient rounds every two hours and make sure everyone is ok. 

I received a nice gift from the members of the resident council. A brand new coffee cup. I'll get some use out of it.

I've got a few thing to do this morning then I'll catch some shuteye before going back in tonight.

Y'all have a wonderful day!

Be safe. Be smart.

20200226_033623[1].jpg

WORK1[1].jpg

WORK2[1].jpg

OMG women you are gorgeous!

No wonder you are so confident.

Very nice smile.

• Forum Moderator

@KathyLauren gotta love it when that happens :)

@Donnie_1961 wonderful pictures Donnie, thanks for sharing :)

Rain here today, what else is new ? Coffee tastes great though.

Have a lovely day all

C

• Forum Moderator

Donnie, yep your are gorgeous. I hope to look half as good once I finish. 

Well we are at 100 pages. lets keep it going.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

@Donnie_1961 Its obvious you enjoy your job. That is so good.  What a nice gift you received.  I love colorful socks.  You look wonderful.  I love your smile and hairstyle.  Have a another good evening at work today.

@KathyLauren Its always nice when someone steps up to help out.  

@KymmieL Who would have thought, 100 pages!  Wow. 

2 hours ago, Willow said:

...my stress level is rather high right now...

Oh, Willow, I hope whatever is causing you stress eases upon you quickly.

I've been suffering from a sore throat, an earache, and jaws that will not open wide enough for more than a single slice of bread. Doc says it's a middle ear infection, possibly tonsillitus as well.  Put me on antibiotics, and I'm still in pain, still woozy, but well enough to take care of the little one so my wife can return to work.  It is good to semi-functional again!  Enjoying my second cup while the baby naps - he needs it, because he has a cold.  Everyone has been sick here, lately!

Hope everyone has a great day!

4 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Donnie, yep your are gorgeous. I hope to look half as good once I finish. 

Well we are at 100 pages. lets keep it going.

Kymmie

Kymmie, I'm going to let you in a little secret. It takes me hours to get ready.

I'm going to be brutely honest. Sorry if it may change how you see me. But honesty is an important quality in a person.

Firstly my body isn't exactly all real. Although I've been on HRT for a while things just don't progress as fast as one might want. So I compensate.

I'm wearing a D cup Silicon Half Body Suit.That's why the skin tone on my neck and chest are a little off. It weights about 10 pounds.

Add another 10 pounds of silicon for the Buttocks and Hip Enhancer that I wear.

That's twenty pounds of silicon that I around all day and night. Its very uncomfortable sometimes. Very hot and sweaty.

My smile isn't real. It's  cosmetic veneer.

My hair is a human hair wig. 

I once had very long blonde hair. (That's why people used to call me BLONDE.) I shaved my head when my daughter had cancer and her hair was falling out. I wanted to be supportive.( I later found out the cancer was a lie. She was faking the whole thing. To get drugs. Pain killers. I couldn't be mad at her. She was pretty messed up.) That's when I I discovered the wonderful world of wigs. I own many. Different styles and colors.

I've gotten fairly good at doing my own makeup. I've found that less is always more. I use only enough to enhance my best facial attribute, my eyes. They are hazel green.

So there you have it. Not everything is at it appears.

But the upside is a I look and feel good .And that's enough for me.