• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Hi

well no coffee today, used the last of it yesterday and haven’t gotten to a store.  Our temperatures are at least reasonable but shifty.  50s 70s 60s 80s just all over the dial.

my family will be joining us today. They are coming here from Virginia and our granddaughters will be staying with us for 3 weeks.  

The only bad news is Willow has to go back in the closet.  They don’t know about here.

Willow

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

OMG terrible day yesterday afternoon. 

Company car broke down on my way home.  Front wheel bearing crapped out and it was all but undrivable.  Almost home too dang it. Like 10 miles or so.  I naturally tried to call my office, but Sweet, no cell service and I knew about where I needed to walk to before I could make a call.  Great.  This blows.  

It was not to cold out but walking the side a main route in VT in Dansko clogs was not a fun thing.  I kept rolling my ankles in the uneven ground.  It sucked.  I almost feel down once and was so angry at the entire situation.

THEN there was the multiple cars that stopped to offer me a ride.  I'm thinking "sweet" but then I see, or smell, what has stopped and I'm like "No thank you".  Some wear fairly insistent and it was a tad scary.  I did not realize how many creeps were in VT but I suppose I have been sheltered from a lot of this my entire life.  They might of been nice guys but I did not get a good sense from many of them so Pass!  There were like 7 cars that stopped in my first mile and a half.  Hmm that's kinda cool but risky.  

I'm not worried with my past military training but still I don't need that sort of crap.  I did keep a hand on my "little friend" in my purse even so.  

Eventually a guy I knew stopped to offer me a ride.  Though he did not know it was me.  LOL

Yea that's the weirdest coming out I have had to date.  But he was nice and still offered me the ride.  He was always a nice guy when I knew him as male so I accepted.  He drove me to the cell service spot everyone seems to use on this road and waited and drove me back to my car.  It was pleasant to chat with him and he had a ton of good questions which I never mind answering.  Unless they get a tad personal on a physical sense.  Which he only asked one of those but felt bad instantly.  I gave him a pass on that one since he was being so nice.  Though its so true that men are so captivated by breasts.   He just had to know if mine were fake or real. Them being real was a shock to him. Though he did not ask me to prove it.  So its all good.  I took it as a compliment. LOL

I am now sitting at home working "remotely" before the car appointment.   Basically playing online until its time to go.  Authorized by my supervisor so I am still getting paid too.  LOL

Hope you all have a great day!

Oh wow your luck sounds about like mine but at least your home safe and you get paid to stay home now lol. I volunteered to work from home but my boss just busted out laughing and said hell no. Haha

• Forum Moderator

Shawna, wow. Glad you are OK and actually didn't have to walk all the way to service and back to your car. at least it wasn't snowing and cold.

Well news on the baby front, my daughter in law is at the hospital, She started contractions about 11 last night. Went to the hospital about 3:30-4 this morning. Got the text a little before 6 this morning. So it is a waiting game now.

Kymmie

Wow ShawnaLeigh an eventful time with your car!

I am glad you can pick up on what I refer to as my "slime meter" interacting with others. It's good to be able to have that sense kick in. Otherwise things might have gone very wrong.

Congratulations on getting through that safely.

TA

23 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

Thank you for the encouraging words @KymmieL @ShawnaLeigh @Jackie C. @Susan R I'm recovering my happy self, but it sure stung at the time.

I'm determined I can do better and deserve better.

I seem to get a lot of friend requests from weirdos too. When the written English is very badly broken but they claim to be from nearby, alarm bells go off for me.

TA

I agree - you simply do not ever say that to a woman, or heck to any person.  Lordy, if that's how he treats a first date, how abrasive would he be once he got to know you?  That's is so not okay...  I'm glad you are recovering, though.  As you said, you deserve better, and you will do better,  just keep yourself out there and don't settle for losers like that.

I have a dear friend who grew up in my neighborhood, and his writing is atrocious.  Like, most people who speak English as a second language write better than he can.  Those weirdos might actually be from nearby!  Still, if an alarm goes off, don't ever ignore it - ignoring warning bells always gets me trouble.

7 hours ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

THEN there was the multiple cars that stopped to offer me a ride.  I'm thinking "sweet" but then I see, or smell, what has stopped and I'm like "No thank you".  Some wear fairly insistent and it was a tad scary.  I did not realize how many creeps were in VT but I suppose I have been sheltered from a lot of this my entire life.  They might of been nice guys but I did not get a good sense from many of them so Pass!  There were like 7 cars that stopped in my first mile and a half.  Hmm that's kinda cool but risky.

This is the kind of thing that drives home how little choice we have.  Why would someone choose to become a target for creeps and weirdos?  I'm just glad that someone you could trust came along.  And what a coming out!  You were able to see both sides of the coin that is human nature...

• Forum Moderator

Well I am a grand parent for the 4th time. 12:33 my new grandson was born, 7# 3oz, 21inches.

Tomorrow We take off after work and head to Lincoln, NE to help my oldest move. the Sunday We will stop by and visit our new grandson.

Kymmie

35 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Well I am a grand parent for the 4th time. 12:33 my new grandson was born, 7# 3oz, 21inches.

Tomorrow We take off after work and head to Lincoln, NE to help my oldest move. the Sunday We will stop by and visit our new grandson.

Kymmie

Congrats Kymmie!! That is really cool, the kid is lucky to have such a cool grandma :)

• Forum Moderator
36 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

12:33 my new grandson was born, 7# 3oz, 21inches.

Goddess, he's HUGE. Imagine what he'll be like when he's an adult. ?

Congratulations on the new family member!

Hugs!

Congratulations, Kymmie!  The li'l guy just needed some encouragement, after all. ?

My daughter Heather and I getting good news,I am her bio father.Heather and I were tearful hearing the good news.The results of the paternity test came in yesterday.She can finally sleep at night knowing who her bio dad is now.Plus doing well with my recovery from my gender corrective surgery still,2 months and is healing very well.

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Goddess, he's HUGE. Imagine what he'll be like when he's an adult. ?

Congratulations on the new family member!

Hugs!

He takes after his dad. He was late and 8# 8oz.  now he is 6'2.

Kymmie

6 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Kymmie

Congratulations. The most wonderful thing about being a grandparent is that you're a superhero to your grandchildren all the time. It's something that really took me by surprise, but I quickly learned to enjoy it.

And you've got four now! That is just awesome.

TA

59 minutes ago, Debra Michelle said:

My daughter Heather and I getting good news,I am her bio father.Heather and I were tearful hearing the good news.The results of the paternity test came in yesterday.She can finally sleep at night knowing who her bio dad is now.Plus doing well with my recovery from my gender corrective surgery still,2 months and is healing very well.

My my my. That is really wonderful news.

I know you are pleased, despite the long wait.

Heal up quickly dear. There's a young woman who wants to catch up on lost time. I wish you both the happiest of times as you get settled into parenthood.

TA

• Forum Moderator
9 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Not sure how I missed this big news but congratulations on the new addition to your family, Kymmie!

13 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Kymmie

OMG Congrats Kymmie!!!  I so love babies!  

He sounds like a biggun too.  

Poor women.  LOL

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

@KymmieL Congratulations for the healthy birth.  Birth weight isn’t always a good predictor of adult size.  I was 7-3 and am not a big person now.  My son was 2-9 (not a mistake) and is average now.  

@ShawnaLeigh you should definitely listen to your spidy sense.  Not even you hidden friend can always get you out of a jam. I have distanced my self from most all social media like Facebook and LinkedIn too many fake things out there.  Always be safe first.

Willow

30 minutes ago, Willow said:

Not even you hidden friend can always get you out of a jam.

LMAO I actually had to think about this one for a minute.  "My hidden friend?"  

Then I dawned on me.

"OH my S&W MP9 with Crimson Trace laser grip."  

Yea I am guessing the activated laser grip is all it would take to scare off anyone trying to take advantage of me.

If not I already have a prepared speech for the cops on why this person does not have knee caps anymore.  

• Forum Moderator

Well accomplished what I wanted to do yesterday. Got the factory sub working with the  aftermarket radio in the Explorer. Got the charging problem figured out in the 2dr Crown Vic even took my 71 Wagon for a drive too.

White crap on the ground this morning. Seemed to have stopped for now. Most of it is East of us. Just swell as that is the way we are traveling this afternoon.

Will wait till I get to work for my caffeine fix today. 

Be safe and Healthy my  sisters and brothers.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
11 hours ago, Debra Michelle said:

I'm glad to hear you've received validation about your "new" daughter and that all is well in your family.  

I hope your surgery site continues to heal well.  All my best to you and your family.

Jani

• Forum Moderator

@Debra Michelle congratulations it’s a girl!  Sorry it took you all this time to find out.  Glad your gcs is healing nicely.  Sounds like you are having a good week.

@KymmieL I had a heck of a time getting my Explorer’s factory woofer to work with my aftermarket radio.  Everything I read kept saying I needed an after market amplifier which I wasn’t interested in adding.  Then I finally found a tiny converter RCA to hardwire for a couple of dollars. Now that works better then the door speakers.

willow