• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

4 hours ago, Mx.Drago said:

Mind I ask why she used to begin with? I understand if it's too personal and I don't expect an answer, so no worries. I'm more glad your daughters are safe, but I still feel terrible for the circumstances, it's unfortunate. Hope your brightness keeps them more than well nurtured and safe.

Meth.I have taught them to make the right choices too

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Patti Anne said:

1 hour ago, Patti Anne said:

So Shawna you have been single for almost a week now.

Kymmie:

That remark was made tongue-in-cheek. LOL! I knew what you meant!

PA

2 hours ago, MikaReich said:

Meth.I have taught them to make the right choices too

I think she meant, "Why did she even start meth in the first place? What did she go through at some point in her life time to feel like she needed to get away from reality? What made her feel like she needed meth?"... Also take it from someone who had a mother go missing for 10 years because she wanted to go do coke and other hard drugs, But me and my brother severely missed her anyway and we wanted her to be in our life no matter what. it affected us alot more greatly than anyone could imagine, there were times we thought "I wish i had a mom..." or we would think things like "i hope shes doing okay, hopefully not dead at least...", Eventually she came back on her own volition, she never needed to get custody to visit me because i was old enough to make my own choices then, I went to live with her for a year because i needed to get away from life for a bit, i helped her get clean, i helped her become a better person, and i helped her feel like a human being, She's doing so much better now, i check in on her often to make sure shes not using again & I tell her how proud i am of her, and then she had to fight for visitations for my step-brother which lasted for two years because the family he was staying with at the time didn't accept her. Anyway she won custody for visitations , when she finally got it, my brother was super happy to see her & everything went well. Your ex-wife isn't the only person in the world who has done what she's done, there's so much people going through the same thing & she is human after all, everyone is complicated and you never know what life has been like in their shoes. While I'm happy that you're thinking about your daughters, you shouldn't talk about her as a bad person to your kids because that's something they have to learn on their own. You won't be able to protect them from the world forever, once they grow up i hope you'll learn to respect their choices even if they decide to smoke weed in their adult years or if they want to drop out of school. Anything of the likes, because they are human after all and everyone deserves the same amount of love, respect & care. Your ex-wife needs someone to be there for her no matter how hard times get because if she doesn't have anyone, then it will only get worse and who knows what could happen to her... Think about your kids growing up of old age and wishing they could have spent some time with their mom too. I'm sorry you're going through this with her & i hope things get better soon but please don't make her look like a bad person in front of your daughters because that sticks with them for a life time. Everyone wants to know where they come from no matter how messed up their parents may be.

2 hours ago, Patti Anne said:

Single?

I heard a rumor that she'd already been snagged by a certain someone and they were planning a life together.

Hope everything is going smoothly for you two!

TA

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, TammyAnne said:

I heard a rumor that she'd already been snagged by a certain someone and they were planning a life together.

TA

Rumor? There's a whole thread devoted to it...

Hugs!

5 hours ago, The Viv Element said:

I think she meant, "Why did she even start meth in the first place? What did she go through at some point in her life time to feel like she needed to get away from reality? What made her feel like she needed meth?"... Also take it from someone who had a mother go missing for 10 years because she wanted to go do coke and other hard drugs, But me and my brother severely missed her anyway and we wanted her to be in our life no matter what. it affected us alot more greatly than anyone could imagine, there were times we thought "I wish i had a mom..." or we would think things like "i hope shes doing okay, hopefully not dead at least...", Eventually she came back on her own volition, she never needed to get custody to visit me because i was old enough to make my own choices then, I went to live with her for a year because i needed to get away from life for a bit, i helped her get clean, i helped her become a better person, and i helped her feel like a human being, She's doing so much better now, i check in on her often to make sure shes not using again & I tell her how proud i am of her, and then she had to fight for visitations for my step-brother which lasted for two years because the family he was staying with at the time didn't accept her. Anyway she won custody for visitations , when she finally got it, my brother was super happy to see her & everything went well. Your ex-wife isn't the only person in the world who has done what she's done, there's so much people going through the same thing & she is human after all, everyone is complicated and you never know what life has been like in their shoes. While I'm happy that you're thinking about your daughters, you shouldn't talk about her as a bad person to your kids because that's something they have to learn on their own. You won't be able to protect them from the world forever, once they grow up i hope you'll learn to respect their choices even if they decide to smoke weed in their adult years or if they want to drop out of school. Anything of the likes, because they are human after all and everyone deserves the same amount of love, respect & care. Your ex-wife needs someone to be there for her no matter how hard times get because if she doesn't have anyone, then it will only get worse and who knows what could happen to her... Think about your kids growing up of old age and wishing they could have spent some time with their mom too. I'm sorry you're going through this with her & i hope things get better soon but please don't make her look like a bad person in front of your daughters because that sticks with them for a life time. Everyone wants to know where they come from no matter how messed up their parents may be.

It was during into our 2nd year into her marriage when she started meth.Her family has said get help.

4 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Rumor? There's a whole thread devoted to it...

Hugs!

I know. I've read it.

I was kind of pulling her leg in response to the "single?" comment.

TA

6 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

TA

Very true and smoothly may not be the word.  Huge, stressful, wonderful, scary, exciting, and I can not freaking wait!!!!

6 hours ago, The Viv Element said:

Everyone wants to know where they come from no matter how messed up their parents may be.

Everyone wants to know (and Love) where they come from no matter how messed up their parents may be.

Really well said, Viv! I agree.

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, TammyAnne said:

TA

I'm not saying a word.  I gave a blood oath. No one is going to get it out of me. Maybe if they  tickle me. Oops typed to much.  I never said she wasn't  claimed  already. I just said she was single.

Kymmie 

you probably shouldn't say that about someone who is ACTUALLY in a relationship with someone though, telling everyone "shes single" when shes clearly in a relationship is disrespectful imo. I'm not trying to start any drama or anything, I just dont think you should be saying that especially when their significant other half is on here as well.

plus if you gave a bloody oath, then why would you even say you gave a bloody oath? lol. I'm not even sure what's going on here... All i know is Shawna and Patti are together & nothing else, if you have proof that says otherwise... then where did you get this info?

"A Sipping Moment"

Sipping my coffee.

I slowly take in my day

One sip at a time.

I had a good day today despite the afternoon thunderstorms. My wife and I went for a short bike ride today we were both sore from yesterday since we haven’t ridden bikes in years. I did out myself to my neighbors by the outfit I wore I went to mow grass in a tank top and women’s running shorts not a word was said and they still waved. So who knows I guess maybe I should come clean to them. I had to run to dollar general this evening, I was a hot mess I still had my shorts and tank top on I was all dirty because in that storm our smoker was blown over so I was all dirty from picking it up. I didn’t have my wig on I just put a pink head band on even though my hair isn’t long enough to justify it I just thought it was cute. I went to pay for my items and as I was leaving the cashier said thank you ma’am. I was in almost disbelief but it was so validating to hear that it made my night.

• Forum Moderator
31 minutes ago, Emily michelle said:

I went to pay for my items and as I was leaving the cashier said thank you ma’am. I was in almost disbelief but it was so validating to hear that it made my night.

I enjoy reading stories like that. You seem to be relaxed and carefree about it which makes it all the better. It’s amazing how freeing that attitude can be. That “Thank you Ma’am“ had to feel good.

34 minutes ago, Emily michelle said:

I did out myself to my neighbors by the outfit I wore I went to mow grass in a tank top and women’s running shorts not a word was said and they still waved. So who knows I guess maybe I should come clean to them.

You may have your neighbors wondering. I bet they’d be just fine with knowing the real you...especially if you do it with the confidence you had today at the Dollar General.

Today was a good day. On a whim I went to the cemetery to put flowers on my parents grave. It was the first time since the old man had passed for me to visit the grave. My dad as as cheap as cheap as Jack Benny and the headstone reflected it. I still had my mask on and as I was walking back to my SUV I passed a woman and she saw the Vietnam campaign ribbon sticker on my back window and then asked if I had been in Vietnam or had my husband been. I looked at her and told I had and then where.

I look in the mirror and I see a former Division I football player but apparently others see something different. Have been transitioning for almost 2 1/2 years and most people use preferred pronouns and address me as ma’am. Maybe I lo9k better than I think I do.

• Forum Moderator

Well as official secret keeper for Patti and Shawna. I do know more than has been posted. I was stating that Shawna was single as she is not married anymore. The big D finally went through. She is free to move across this big nation to be with her soul mate, Patti Ann.

Work wasn't too bad, and being we closed an hour early. So 2 opening shifts then 5 days off. We have been thinking of taking a motorcycle ride, Sat&Sun. but our middle son mentioned that he and his family maybe going camping and we might need to watch our 2 month old grandson. also maybe our 4 yr old grandson too. It is such a shame that we might have to give up our trip on the bike to watch the grandkids. shucks. LOL.

I swear that people are stupid. We have one of the doors to the store that is having problems. So we put a sign on it use other door. I cannot say how many people walk right in that door. Some even after looking right at the sign.

Have a good night everyone.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
35 minutes ago, Erikka said:

Have been transitioning for almost 2 1/2 years and most people use preferred pronouns and address me as ma’am.

Great story Erikka, You’re obviously exuding a feminine vibe...with a touch of makeup and a nice outfit it’s paying off for you! I’m glad you had a good Memorial Day today and I thank you for your service. I have a deep respect for vets like yourself.

My Best,

Susan R?

2 hours ago, Mx.Drago said:

"A Sipping Moment"

Sipping my coffee.

I slowly take in my day

One sip at a time.

The best way.

I'm jealous.

Once upon a time I could drink coffee any time I wanted.

Now it's just the early morning two cups and that's it.

TA

32 minutes ago, TammyAnne said:

The best way.

I'm jealous.

Once upon a time I could drink coffee any time I wanted.

Now it's just the early morning two cups and that's it.

TA

I missed my morning cup cuz spent the whole night up and spent most the day trying to rest with the neighbors blasting music that was so loud, the house vibrated from the bass. Looks like I got two black eyes, I'm so tired. But need coffee otherwise I start getting a headache. Use to be terrible, drinking up to 5 cups easy. Now I can barely have 2. My gut can only take so much abuse from acid.

7 hours ago, Susan R said:

I enjoy reading stories like that. You seem to be relaxed and carefree about it which makes it all the better. It’s amazing how freeing that attitude can be. That “Thank you Ma’am“ had to feel good.

You may have your neighbors wondering. I bet they’d be just fine with knowing the real you...especially if you do it with the confidence you had today at the Dollar General.

It felt wonderful hearing that especially when I wasn’t even looking for it. I needed it my emotions have been a battle this week. The dysphoria has not been good. It seems my confidence comes in waves. In all honesty the intent of the outfit was to get a little sun I look like a ghost lol. I’m sure my neighbors were wondering and some younger people we know saw me when we were riding they didn’t stop and say anything but they were snickering which is fine I was exercising. I’m getting tired of hiding from the people I know. If the don’t like me that’s there issue. Now I just wish I had that confidence at work lol. 
By the way Susan I love your new avatar pic.

Errika I just wanted to thank you for your service.

Holy crap I miss a day and I seemed of been the subject of controversy.  My apologies to all since my original posting about a relationship with @Patti Anne most likely sparked this. Maybe not in the way I had hoped. I simply wanted to share my joy of finding her in a place I had not intended to seek anything more then friendship.

@KymmieL does know a bit more though so does @Jackie C. and @Maid In Bedlam and @The Viv Element.  
It is not so much a secret but something we discussed and decided started to share with everyone but the full extent of our still evolving plans have not yet been fully revealed to open forum. 
However it’s no real secret that Patti Anne and myself are in a serious relationship that is definitely headed towards a life long commitment. Yes, Marriage has been discussed, a lot, but no official engagement nor dates or anything has happened yet. 
We both felt a strong need for a larger commitment to each other before living with each other since this move is such a huge event in both our lives. Mine especially with packing up and moving 3080 miles across country to be with her.  
My roommate, now ex wife Angela is 100% supporting this relationship and has helped me tremendously with plans and packing on my end and she is a true friend in ever sense of the word. (Which still weirds me out.)

Though how many people can say their divorce costs then $45 total?  We truly have remained friends. 

Patti and I deeply appreciate the support and acceptance from our friends here. 

As for today.  I am one day away from my surgery and afterwards there is little else keeping me chained to VT.  

As of right now I’m getting out of bed to go share some coffee with my roommate Angela and to wait patiently for my GF to text me.  

Have a wonderful day!

This morning has started out pretty somber. They came and told us in person about the death of my coworker from a mining accident. It’s very sad. My boss made a good statement which really applies to my line of work and a lot of other things we do. He said everything we do is out to get us so please watch what you are doing and if it takes longer to do it the right way then do it. It is not worth not being able to go home at the end of the day. Please everyone watch what you do it can change in an instant. Have a good day!

• Forum Moderator

I am sorry to read that Emily.  Be careful!

Hugs,

Charlize

2 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

Please everyone watch what you do it can change in an instant

Good advice, Emily

I'm worn out and ready for bed, but before I sign off just wanted to let you all know I discussed seeking therapy with my wife today (took a lot of courage and encouragement for me, after a year or so of not discussing my gender issues ... at all)

It was not all bad, and encouraging that in the end she supported my decision.  I know she is still struggling with this as much as I am, but it was a hopeful step.
Hope you all enjoyed the holiday weekend.  Have a great week everybody❣️

2 hours ago, KayC said:

Good advice, Emily

I'm worn out and ready for bed, but before I sign off just wanted to let you all know I discussed seeking therapy with my wife today (took a lot of courage and encouragement for me, after a year or so of not discussing my gender issues ... at all)

It was not all bad, and encouraging that in the end she supported my decision.  I know she is still struggling with this as much as I am, but it was a hopeful step.
Hope you all enjoyed the holiday weekend.  Have a great week everybody❣️

Best thing you can do is have a lot of lengthy sit down talks with her. We all tend to be secretive about our innermost thoughts and plans for transition, the more transparent you can be with her the better it will be for both of you. Avoid yelling and a lot of emotion other than expressing your love for her. She might yell, scream, cry and threaten, it's a normal reaction to the shock at finding that her husband and her life is not panning out as she had planned. You'll be surprised how effective this is, I took this to heart myself 25 years ago and we worked through it and are still married and best friends and sweethearts.