• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

Good morning everyone, the coffee:coffee: is about gone.

Farm Question: What do you call a cow that just had a baby?

Young Barista's response:  Decaffeinated!

#Joke

Love you all,

Mindy???

Thank you for this, it got me to laugh. Tis a good solid joke. Many many thanks?

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Driving to my old city today for the first time this year.  My HRT Dr didn't seem to believe my last lab results, and has sent orders to get drawn again, this time from the lab in her building.  Excited to see her and be seen. 

Afterwards I am singing with some people down there who are getting together for the first time in months.  To make some noise.

Wanting to wear something short, but will bring something to change into, in case  I start clucking....

I will be tuned to the radio for protest and riot movements and road closings (if reported), and my alarm will be set to get out of town just  before curfew.

Wish me luck, stay safe and healthy everyone.

39 minutes ago, Ms Maddie said:

Driving to my old city today for the first time this year.  My HRT Dr didn't seem to believe my last lab results, and has sent orders to get drawn again, this time from the lab in her building.  Excited to see her and be seen. 

Afterwards I am singing with some people down there who are getting together for the first time in months.  To make some noise.

Wanting to wear something short, but will bring something to change into, in case  I start clucking....

I will be tuned to the radio for protest and riot movements and road closings (if reported), and my alarm will be set to get out of town just  before curfew.

Wish me luck, stay safe and healthy everyone.

Be and stay safe and well, and much luck to you.

• Forum Moderator
30 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

Mindy, were you voted class clown when you graduated.

KymmieL,  truthfully in school I struggled for every "D" I ever got. I was not an academic, however my conduct in class was always where I got the highest of praise. In sports I was very good, always winning the team leadership and motivation awards. I was the class clown of the school, not just one class or grade level. I competed with the high school rodeo as well and always admired the rodeo clowns work as entertainers and by today's standards Bull Fighters. I am where I am today because of my mechanical and physical skills, not so much my academic abilities. When I hear a parent complaining or seemingly embarrassed by their child's school performance. I'm quick to encourage them not to give up on them, because I spent my 4th, 5th, and 6th grades in special education. Comedy, athletics, and trade school were my saving grace. I own a Public Safety Training company that builds/sells training equipment, and teaches not only nationally but globally. I'm quick to defend my special ed brothers and sisters.

Humor, Love, and Hugs

Mindy???

057.JPG

@ShawnaLeigh, my heart and mind would be swimming and spinning from making so many life changes at once.  But the best things often happen fast.  We just have grab hold of that whirlwind and hang on.  Take care of your health first and the rest will all fall into place.

• Forum Moderator
49 minutes ago, Mx.Drago said:

Thank you for this, it got me to laugh. Tis a good solid joke. Many many thanks?

Most of my joke are #DadJokes or Old Rodeo Clown inspired kid friendly comedy. It has always been my contention that if you have to use foul language to drive your point or comedy,  you're vocabulary deficient.

"Everyone knows that you must dress for success, but forgets that you must always speak for success. You can't separate your off duty language from your public language. Speak enough with passion on the stage and your off duty language will show through." -MMOORE

"My father taught me at a very young age, if you have to look around before you say something. It's not worth saying."-MMoore

Love what you say,

Mindy???

Good morning. Waiting for coffee until DD3 gets into town and then we are going to a jewelry store where she is going to buy a piece of jewelry for Father’s Day. Being a trans woman does not negate my status as Dad. I will always be dad. DD3 calls me Erikka in public and dad in private. I think it is awesome that she can see me as a woman and at the same time recognize the person she has always known will always be her dad.

What about the rest of you? How do your children honor you on  Mother’s Day or on Father's Day?

42 minutes ago, Tori M said:

@ShawnaLeigh, my heart and mind would be swimming and spinning from making so many life changes at once.  But the best things often happen fast.  We just have grab hold of that whirlwind and hang on.  Take care of your health first and the rest will all fall into place.

Wise advice my friend.

Just trying to let my mind catch up with everything else.

• Forum Moderator

Mindy,  The reason why I don't know who got voted is that our school had a rule 3 or more unexcused absences you had to take finals. With my in processing for the AF I would up taking finals. one class the teacher was an asshat. When I went to take the finals in his class. He told me straight out, no matter what you do on this test you won't pass this class. SO I just got up and went to McDs for breakfast. I wound up taking summer school to graduate. Even though it was a different school district I was able to graduate with my class. 

Kymmie

Hi all Katie checking in here.

Sorry to say it’s been a tough few days. I’ve either been super busy or super stressed out over work and the kids. The wife is trying to be more helpful around the house but it’s causing me to get protective and defensive and snap at her to rest and it just causes all sorts of friction and animosity. I just can’t control it. I put everyone and everything ahead of myself. 

Monday and Tuesday night I really wanted to talk to my wife about the whole Katie issue but decided against it because I don’t want a fight. I’ve also had zero interest in sex with her which is odd because it used to be a near nightly thing (sorry for TMI) and it just bothers me. 

I’m feeling hollow inside the past few days. Nothing matters, just letting the strings of my duties pull me. 

Thank you for listening. You are now free to resume your regularly scheduled day. 

• Forum Moderator
28 minutes ago, KathrynnCox said:

Hi all Katie checking in here.

Sorry to say it’s been a tough few days. I’ve either been super busy or super stressed out over work and the kids. The wife is trying to be more helpful around the house but it’s causing me to get protective and defensive and snap at her to rest and it just causes all sorts of friction and animosity. I just can’t control it. I put everyone and everything ahead of myself. 

Monday and Tuesday night I really wanted to talk to my wife about the whole Katie issue but decided against it because I don’t want a fight. I’ve also had zero interest in sex with her which is odd because it used to be a near nightly thing (sorry for TMI) and it just bothers me. 

I’m feeling hollow inside the past few days. Nothing matters, just letting the strings of my duties pull me. 

Thank you for listening. You are now free to resume your regularly scheduled day. 

Sounds like you're sinking into depression sweetie. I used to live there and it's not a nice neighborhood. Definitely something to bring up with your therapist the next time you talk to them. In the meantime, vent all you want. We're here for you and there will be no judging.

It'll be OK. The quarantine is hard on all of us. It's easy to get overwhelmed.

Hugs!

1 hour ago, Mmindy said:

Most of my joke are #DadJokes or Old Rodeo Clown inspired kid friendly comedy. It has always been my contention that if you have to use foul language to drive your point or comedy,  you're vocabulary deficient.

Love what you say,

Mindy???

Some dad jokes are pretty terrible, but for me they have the same appeal as watching B movies, it's so bad it's good. I agree, using profanity in comedy is very cheap and definitely low on the wittiness craft bar. True artists cut with words of actual substance of character, not with a gross blunt grace of a brick through a stain glass window. It hurts more to hear and watch when profanity is used. Granted I have a few guilty pleasures but that's my adult dark comedy mostly. Specially nowadays it's very commonly done and it does feel cheaper each time it's so readily used in comedy as something to be seen as funny.

Had my coffee and doing work, so far so good for morning rising. May the good morning follow all, here after into the rest of the day.

I went out birding this morning for the first time in a while.  I put on a touch of mascara and tinted lip balm because if I ran into any other women out birding I wanted them to see me as one of them.  Left my hair a little messy and just wore jeans and t-shirt so non-threatening to any gals, non-attractive to any guys.  This is the andro-fem thing I'm doing right now.  I'm gaining confidence again.  I'm taking this reawakening v-e-r-y s-l-o-w-l-y and it's feeling really good so far.

I got to see some gorgeous Orioles!  Not easy to find here, I've been looking for 2-3 years.  Also watched a pair of Kingbirds working on their nest.

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Tori M said:

I got to see some gorgeous Orioles!  Not easy to find here, I've been looking for 2-3 years.  Also watched a pair of Kingbirds working on their nest.

Tori, I've been a bird watcher, since my teens, my wife is more of a squirrel fan. We spent 44 days in self isolation and our best feeders are within feet of our dining room picture window. We had both our work from home office laptops and monitors setup on the dining room table. Suzie does like watching the Gold Fenches go through their plumage color change, other than Cardinals they are the only birds she can identify with confidence. She was the excited when a brightly colored bird landed on the window feeder, it was an Oriole that stayed around for a couple of days. 

Happy Birding,

Mindy???

Good morning.

The lot behind my apt is overgrown and floods. Plethora of birds and small wildlife.  A downstairs neighbor has feeders out, and I'm seeing alot of this action off my balcony lately :)

Coffee is on and as soon as its done, the kids are going outside to scooter all day in the warm

sun. We had a massive storm come through last night and lightning struck less that 100yards from my house (while I was in the garage shimming against the garage door for something). We are ok though and nothing lost. 

Today I’m going to take some

time (after my morning work rush) to focus on self care and Katie for the day. Just back to window shopping clothes and the like. I’ve been depressed and short tempered lately, which is my big issue, and I want to break out of this funk. 

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Ms Maddie said:

Plethora of birds and small wildlife.  A downstairs neighbor has feeders out, and I'm seeing alot of this action off my balcony lately

This is nice @Ms Maddie.  I enjoy watching the birds as well.  It can be so calming to see them flit about.

Jani 

• Forum Moderator

@Ms Maddie and @Jani Bird Watching is my quiet time for enjoyment and self reflection.

Happy Birding,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

That's a good point @Mmindy.  Taking the time for self reflection is important.  

Jani

Took the GMC Seirra pickup up in for a free oil change before the long trip.  Thought I smelled a mouse nest someplace it in this AM but could not see any signs of it.  We have had mice issues before in other vehicles.  
yep. Those GD mice built a nest in the cabin air filter and blower motor.  Now my free oil change is a $75 mouse eviction.  
grrrrrr?

But I had coffee and my phone to surf and post.

Hope you all have a great day! 

• Forum Moderator

There's a cure for mice...

20200525_080320.thumb.jpg.5d357f5a26d0e21d67a8b922843ec400.jpg

No mice there. Just sayin.'

Hugs!

I wouldn’t mind a cat but I don’t think it would go over very well with 2 Great Danes in the house 

Yay, I'm not the only bird geek, here!  Whew!  Most people just roll their eyes and change the subject when I start talking about birds.  I don't blame them; typical reaction.  When I say bird geek, I mean I can be a bit obsessive.  I have a baby monitor set up with the mic end outside so I can hear any hawks, owls, or uncommon calls while I'm in the house.  I will drop anything to rush outside with bins to find a rarity.  I used to chase Rare Bird sightings, and was actually pretty good at it, but I've become more sedentary now.  Offline, most of my reading is about birds (or trees or geography).  I have a small bookshelf full of bird books.  My bathroom holds a stack of bird mags.  As I mention in my bio, understanding the life of birds is what I find most fascinating.  Look up American Dipper; that is one strange lifestyle for a feathered creature!

No, no coffee for me, thanks.  I'm off to have my morning Mango-OJ.

• Forum Moderator

I have been blessed to grow up in the world of birds.  This morning as i worked on the farm's dump truck barn swallows chattered above.  Looking out the door purple finches, blue birds and robins nesting around the buildings caught my eye as tree swallows nesting in the gourds hanging above the upper pasture swoop around.

Its great here for birds and we try to maintain a place for native cavity nesters to find a home.

We were blessed to have a place in a little town on the Delaware Bay called Reed's Beach.  It is one of the top birding spots in the world.  Unfortunately with global warming tides were becoming a bigger and bigger problem.  We sold the place before the roads disappeared.

Hugs,

Charlize