• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

@Bri2020 thank you for your kind regards to my post.

unfortunately I live in the south so LGBTQ+ don’t get any support.  Funny thing, for 23 years I live outside DC in Virginia.  I had enough of dealing with the traffic and attitudes so I moved west to Winchester.  When I retired we moved to SC.  

it was when I lived in Northern Virginia I really should have been seeing a therapist but it took another 12 years until I moved here to finally do it.  Thanks when I learned what my feeling were all about.  I still questioned and denied u til both the therapist and my doctor agreed on the diagnosis.  Now I am happy knowing I’m not a deviant but TG.

Willow

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still a little skeptical but I think my wife's starting to come around. She has stopped insisting that I change my shirt as soon as I wall through the door after work. She had said they're too tight. :dunno:They're the same shirts I've been wearing for over a year. I'm going try my luck tomorrow morning and see if she'll help my with my eyeliner. And I think something is wrong with me. I'm finding myself attracted to bright colors instead of all black. She has a pink fleece miniskirt I've been eyeing.

?Liz

• Forum Moderator

Well still no news on the job front. I'm not worried about it. I did however see a position, in Oregon in Oreillys.

Well they sent the bid in for my hair prosthetic. They sent me a copy. Almost 3k for a custom. 

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

if the current job application doesnt work out, the one will find you. You wish for it, work for it and it will come.

9 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Well still no news on the job front. I'm not worried about it. I did however see a position, in Oregon in Oreillys.

Well they sent the bid in for my hair prosthetic. They sent me a copy. Almost 3k for a custom. 

Kymmie

Don't panic yet, some employers can take a week or more to get back to you.  Also since you told them Sept 1st is when you can start, they may not feel a sense of urgency. If their need is immediate they may also be hoping for a great candidate to show up this week and start earlier. If you don't hear from them by tonight, give them a call on Friday to check on the status before the weekend.  And as Shay says, if this doesn't work out then the right one will present itself.  Have faith. 

Hugs

• Forum Moderator

@ElizabethStar I went from typical navy blue and lacy to bright colors too.  No pink skirt but I have pink shorts. Yellows, bright blues and greens. I hate fall and winter clothes because they are typically browns. Who wants browns!

Good morning everyone 

well our family left to go back home to Virginia this morning. It’s going to be a lot quieter.  Nothing like the sound of people and dogs playing and having a good time.

next visit we go to their house in September.

Endocrinologist appointment at 11:00 ? looking forward to what he has to say.  Disappointed it was changed from in person to video chat.  Oh well.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
10 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I'm still a little skeptical but I think my wife's starting to come around

That's great @ElizabethStar. My wife is still working on her comfort zone when our conversation come to my new and open to her feminine perspective. We have to remember that they're in transition with us, and not rush them. I love that you're so far ahead of me in your real life transition.

Hugs,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator

Good Morning everyone. Happy Saturday. Well it's my Saturday anyway.

Just going to relax not do much. I may try and see where the electrical demon is in my wagons dome light is. It killed a brand new Optima yellow top battery.  I'm sure my youngest will want me to help with his project. I also need to go and get the plates on the bike renewed.

Yet my back is still totaled. 6th day on the steroids. I may just go to the urgent care here in town tomorrow if it is still as bad. Luckily the VA has a contract with them for care.

Have a great day everyone.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

You have an amazing good attitude.... even with that black cloud following .... you are to be admired ...

Good afternoon. Recovering from my nasal surgery yesterday. Didn’t go to great, having issues with bleeding. They almost get me overnight. Went back this morning to get the packing removed and started bleeding so much I was choking on it. They repacked and have me some more clotting medication to get the bleeding under control. We will be leaving the packing in place until Saturday now and need to take more clotting meds. 

my wife will be keeping on eye on me, if I start bleeding again I will need to be rushed to the hospital. 

The good news is, there is not a whole lot of pain. Haven’t taken any pain management since I left the hospital. 

No eye bruising either, although my nose is so big it looks like I went toe to toe with heavy weight boxer and led with my nose. 

Hope everyone has a wonderful day. Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

I'm sorry to hear you are having troubles @SaraAW.  I hope it revolves on its own.  I'm glad to hear there is little pain as I need to have sinus surgery when the virus lets up.  All my best to you.  Rest well.

Hugs, Jani

• Forum Moderator

I also hope everything is alright, Sara. I probably need sinus surgery but no one has ever said anything. I can go to bed with a completely clear nose and with in 1/2 hour I am plugged solid. Then I become a mouth breather. I can drool and make a puddle on my pillow. Yuck.

Even using my Bi-pap machine. I get clogged up. luckily, while I am still a mouth breather the machine keeps my mouth dry.

Kymmie

I hope the bleeding stops soon Sara! That’s good to hear the pain isn’t bad at least it was successful save for the bleeding. Rest up and take care of yourself.

• Forum Moderator

rest and heal, glad pain is not severe. take care young lady.

Hey! 

How is everyone doing these days?  Today it’s waffles and Sunny Delight. I tried a new nail color today. Black. I will post a pic. When I did blue last it didn’t go over very well with my brother. That’s not why I changed it though. I like variety. 

Today is the last day of July. What will August bring? Kids back to school, mandated masks in NE, church opening, and working 2 jobs. Hope the CPS will finally end. Looks like going back to the office won’t be for a while. 

I sit at home at my little black desk dressed in my cutest clothes ready to help anyone that needs it. Collections is not a glamorous job but it is necessary. I hear a lot of hurt and I am glad Tessa can be there for them. 

My other job is at the Gap. I work with mainly young girls but it keeps me young. I love that they all call me Tessa and respect who I want to be. It feels good being in Tessa’s skin. 

I will probably never fully transition as in do the operation or hormones but I will love myself for the woman I am and not let people judge me. I am going to be doing puppets at my church. Now in a ministry role I must show restraint. I am still going to do my nails and I hope no one says anything. 

talk to you later 

Love 

Tessa 

A9048BCE-A52C-4278-9A53-B8FBF441DFE6.jpeg

Morning all! I'm getting ready for my first laser treatment today! Excited but a little nervous too. 

• Forum Moderator

love the nails, love your attitude, thank you for the post.

Shay

• Forum Moderator

Yep, Love the Attitude. You go girl. Be as much as girl as you want to be. Heck real girls do it why not us.

Just couldn't sleep any longer today. So, I am up now. Finally the back is feeling better. As of now I will forgo the urgent care.

Did a few things yesterday, never got to look at the electrical demon. However, finally got the processor mounted in smurfet, got the mud flaps on the wife's car. also worked on the tweeter pods on the bike. Fiberglas yea.

Temp on the fence show a balmy 48 degrees. High off 77 projected for today. Have a good day everyone.

Kymmie

Feeling pretty blessed today.  It's my appreciation day where I look back at all the things I'm appreciative for in my life this week.

I came out to my best childhood friend last night and his response was "Really- cool man!"  I didn't correct him on the "man" part lol. Seemed totally cool with it. We will see after some time to process but that was a really big anxiety for me. He's basically my brother, his family adopted me into the fold since I was 5 and I have been as close to them as my real fam. Far more than my real brother.  I really am blown away by my circle.

One of my employees brought in some of her old jewelry, a top and a beautiful Tory Burch handbag and matching  Kate Spade wallet she hasn't used.  Jealousy abounded with another employee who really wanted them. Yes, I feel like one of the girls at work now.  I've presented a whole week in womens clothing at work now and not a single comment from customers so I will take that as a big win.

My wife continues to shop for/with me.  I think she wants to make sure I don't embarrass her from a fashion standpoint. LOL. She's like- you're a middle age woman now, I don't want your 21 year old daughter trying to pick out your fashion. HAHA. Apparently, bare midriffs are not a thing for the over 50 crowd. ;).  Enjoy your weekend girls!  (and boys)

PS- I have my first facial electrolysis appointment Monday evening so I have to stop shaving over the weekend. I'm both really excited to start that journey but it will be the first time I've let my facial hair grow in a long time and I have to present myself at work Monday before the appointment with 4 days growth :(  That's going be to be triggering for sure.

D405CE11-7329-4255-A2D1-DC2A08AB8812_1_105_c.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

wonderful to hear uplifting news - kept on smiling ☺️

• Forum Moderator

Good news in deed Bri!  Great news about starting electrolysis.  The growing hair out part is a bummer but its part of the deal.  It's a long ride, but well worth it so hang in there.  The end will come eventually.  Thats nice to receive gifts from others.  Enjoy!!

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone a day of rest and getting some housework done.  Wearing a sundress that is two in one, basically you turn it inside out.  

High today of 93.  Just a wee bit warmer here Kymmie.  Not sure what the tropical storm is going to bring.   The impact is supposed to be overnight Sunday to Monday.  I haven’t heard the latest track.  Moved my boat to a hurricane safe marina yesterday.  It was a planned move, not because of the approaching storm.

i do need to make some adjustments to how it’s tied up.

have a great day or weekend.

Willow 

• Forum Moderator

Yesterday, went and visited my middle son and his family for dinner. Yep, had a 2 + hour drive to eat. but it was seeing my grand babies.

Actually heard back from the position in Portland. I kind of figured. he has no issues with my being trans it is the wait. as the need to fill the position is immediate. I will be checking back towards the end of the month.

Came home last night to our whole side of town being dark. we lost power. From what my son says we didn't have a storm or anything. but came back on about 12:30.

Hugs to all.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Filling jobs always does not happen as quickly as you think. You are in the running and that is good. Hang in there