• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Everything went great. not one mention of my condition. or anything. Just a great visit. My son and his family took us for some great ice cream. a place in Lincoln called Scoops. And right next door was a place that sold vintage toys.

Had an interesting ride home so we are heading north to have breakfast at Perkins. We top a hill and run in to a rain squall. We get to Perkins and eat. by the time we finish blue sky and sunshine. upper 70s.

I got a voice mail that my breast prognostics are ready for pick up. SO since I am back home. My wife and youngest may be visiting my middle son  tomorrow I may head over and get them. 

Kymmie

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Glad you have some fun and recharging batteries

I haven’t enjoyed coffee in a week! Surgeon wanted my to stay away from caffeine for at least a month! Thank goodness first few days I had narcotics on board ?

Kylie

• Forum Moderator

I love coffee and drank it throughout the day and could still fall asleep almost when my head hit the pillow but now I decided to hold myself to 1 cup in the morning - turned out it wasn't so hard. BUT....my dear.... you can have ALL the coffee your little heart desires in about 3 weeks....

Right @Shay!

i love the taste of it first thing in the morning! My boyfriend said he is going to wake up early every day and get me whatever kind I want once I can have it again! Such a sweet man!

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone 

I didn’t have the greatest night last night.  Definitely had some depression going on.  I didn’t get to sleep until after 1:30am and our dog got me up this morning before 8. AM

I just couldn’t get my mind to shut down so my sleep center could take over. 

well, we have a lot Of errands to do today.  Groceries, pharmacy you name it we have to do it.  

on a lighter note, I inherited another top.  My wife made herself one.  When she was done and tried it one it didn’t fit.  So I tried it on, perfect.  My wardrobe is expanding at her expense.

hope you have a great day.  Hugs

Willow

I'm pretty excited about my day. I came out a little further and updated my LinkedIn account with my new name and a pic I took today that I only added a "light makeup" filter to.  I'm really feeling good about how much my weight loss shows in my face and once I learn how to apply makeup like this, and we aren't wearing masks,  I don't think I will be self conscious about "passing".  I also have my first real therapy appointment with a gender psychologist I found outside of my insurance (Kaiser) since the wait time was so long to see that person. I'm going to get at least two appointments with the new one before my first one with Kaiser.  I will use the Kaiser one for my medical transition needs but  I felt I needed one that was more available for my actual emotional/mental health.  I'm not struggling now but the goddess help me if I got into a situation where I needed to see one and had to waits 9-15 weeks.  It's worth the extra $200/month for now to have that security blanket I think.  

@KymmieL I'm glad your trip went so well.

344963217_ScreenShot2020-08-12at10_36_22AM.png.4d98ab7d06d774bb8617f92de242041f.png

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

I also have my first real therapy appointment with a gender psychologist

Very nice! I think you’ll enjoy your progress talking to someone who specifically has a ‘gender issues’ expertise. Over the past few years, I’ve learned so much about myself with the help of my therapist who is very good at getting clients to look at things in a different way and help them sometimes discover them on their own. I seem to always leave therapy in a great mood. It makes it so worth my time. Good luck with your new therapist!

Susan R?

I feel like my skull is locked in a vice and coronavirus hired Hercules to turn the crank. I would not wish this experience on anyone. I hope none of you go through this. I am managing but the sharp random pains are an eye watering event. I can breathe still so at least there is that. Coffee made it worse so I guess water is on for now. Have a cup for me. Stay safe. ~Abi~

23 minutes ago, Abi said:

I feel like my skull is locked in a vice and coronavirus hired Hercules to turn the crank. I would not wish this experience on anyone. I hope none of you go through this. I am managing but the sharp random pains are an eye watering event. I can breathe still so at least there is that. Coffee made it worse so I guess water is on for now. Have a cup for me. Stay safe. ~Abi~

Oof, sorry to hear :( Hang in there Abi.  

7 hours ago, Bri2020 said:

Oof, sorry to hear :( Hang in there Abi.  

I'm doing all I can. I'm going to beat this. I was told the next three days would most likely be the worst as far as symptoms. I like your new avatar picture. Ok, back to my dark room. 

• Forum Moderator

Abi, hope it goes well for you and you bet this.

Have an appointment to get my boobs tomorrow at 10. I can't wait. I am excited. Then it is my wig then I am set. LOL. I wish it was that easy.

It is my Sunday. but don't have to go into work until 4. One of the other guy is taking part of my shift. because I worked for him last Friday.

Kymmie

Coffee's hot and delicious this morning. It's chasing away the rainy day blues.  I've been trying to get out and walk 2 miles before work every day to help keep my weight loss going and combat being sedentary by having to sit at my reception desk 5 days a week. Normally I have a receptionist but Covid cut my business in half so this is how I save some money. I don't mind the working part but it cut into my ability to be more active during the day.  We've been in a rain pattern her in the mid atlantic that's made it hard to get outside ;(. 

In more positive news (besides the delicious coffee) I had my first visit virtually with my secondary gender therapist yesterday and she's bloody awesome.  I wish she was in network because I would so rather work with her regularly than my Kaiser therapist.  I'm glad to have her as my backup/mental health therapist though.  I will meet with her next week again and then probably a week after that then spread out visits to every month or two.  By then I should have gotten into a regular schedule with my primary therapist (finger's crossed). 

Hope everyone's day will be awesome.

Hugs

• Forum Moderator

@Bri2020 My wish for you and other businesses that you can soon return to a normal business cycle.  I know you would like that!   I hope you find your therapy sessions to be fruitful.  Have a great day! 

• Forum Moderator

@Bri2020 hi, I agree that getting to a therapist can be of great benefit and I’m glad you found one that you can see sooner rather than later.  I had long waits to get into an endocrinologist and then even though he referred me to a staff psychiatrist it took me a year to get in to see her.  She was the first of my doctors  to see me as Willow.  So I started with a therapist then moved on the the psychiatrist but I’m not seeing either right now.  I’m going to see about getting an appointment with rather therapist in September, but I have to watch my dates as I have other appointments and I’ll be out of town for a week to 10days.

If you live in a covered state, my Therapy group has found a medical group specific for transgenders. For a membership of $99 per month the handle prescriptions, testing, Therapy, letters and referrals to surgeons.  Unfortunately for me, they aren’t in my state.  Because I am close to NC I go there for my group.  There are at least two other groups closer but they didn’t suit me.  Let me know if you want the name of the medical group and I’ll pm it to you or tell me your state and I’ll look it up for you.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

I have good news to tell. I got my new boobs. Much larger than I anticipated but they feel good. Can't wait till I start growing my own, If I ever get on HRT. Also being the place I got my breasts from is also dealing with my Hair prosthetic. I was told that they had given the go ahead to create my hair. Just have to wait for the salon to contact me about it. 4

Good things do come to those who wait. or so they say. LOL.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Great news Kymmie!  I know you'll like your new profile.  Enjoy!!

Jani

• Forum Moderator

Hi @KymmieL, what great news for you.  

one year on blocker and 8 months on progesterone and I am just starting to see some physical changes.

I’m also having mental changes.  Whether that has any relationship to the hrt I couldn’t say.

But hopefully you can look forward to that.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Willow, I would like to look forward to those changes. With just being on blockers I  only have that for reference.  Not many mood swings.  Hot flashes yeah.  I know that my face is clearer a good thing

Kymmie 

• Forum Moderator

Good morning 

wet morning so far.  Chance of thunderstorms all day.  Higher risk tomorrow.  That’s too bad because we were going to go to the beach today and I had wanted to take the boat ⛵️ out for a sail tomorrow.  

My wife made the coffee today.  Most days I do.  

Last night we talked about our new doctor.  Neither of us have met him yet.  My wife said about my arm hair not being softer.  I said I thought that was because I needed a higher level of E and my Endocrinologist hasn’t been willing to go there because of my age.  Friends have suggested a different endocrinologist that is closer and treats others in my group.  I’ll see what the new doctor has to say before deciding.  

The conversation ended with a remark from my wife that she hoped the

at wouldn’t change me into a woman.  I know she isn’t liking any of this but a medicine can’t make Make that king of difference.  I would have to give myself injections or use the patch.  Pills are what isn’t considered safe for those of us the government says are elderly.  I sure don’t feel, look or act elderly!

Have a great day.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Back to the same old same old at work.  while I was gone, the coin shortage has hit home. Now we can only get change once a week from our bank.  We hired two new people. and our merchandiser put in her two weeks. I am so tempted to step down and take that position again. It is were I started. it would be regular hours. Off weekends, but less pay. I may look into it.

Still don't know if I will leave. my mind is so confused right now. when I think about it the water works start building. My mind is spinning almost our of control.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator
32 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

I am so tempted to step down and take that position again. It is were I started. it would be regular hours. Off weekends, but less pay. I may look into it.

You have to decide if that move would make you happier in the long run.  Money is important but without happiness where is the value...