• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Replies 22.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

great to hear, Bri. One triumph at a time. I know the feelings.

Well speaking of: :groupwavereversed:  doing the happy girl dance again. got a call today. my wig is finished and being shipped. but I have to wait till Oct 9th to have a day off to go down and get it.

I now have my boobs, my hair, and a "F" on my license. Just need a job out of here.

Kymmie

My first full day at work as Elizabeth was interesting. I got my Outlook account updated but somebody forgot to remove my the old picture from my signature. Thankfully I only sent 1 email before I caught it. I have been on auto-pilot introducing myself on the phone for the last few years so I was surprised I only messed it once. I was also pretty funny listening everyone correct themselves when they would use my dead name.

I also changed everything on my FB account. I decided to just update my name, profile picture and just see where it lands. So far it's been going over good.

• Forum Moderator

Good to hear, Liz. I bet it felt fantastic even with the couple of snags. I so envy you.

Today for me was an OK. day. Got the word on my wig. then had a therapist appointment. I wound up rescheduling it because my wife was home. She was going to be nice and go upstairs and do some cleaning. Then as my appointment time came she decides to sit in the living room.(Three feet from me) and look through some pictures. Some privacy. So I scoot upstairs. With her just sitting down here. I really didn't want to open up so I rescheduled. 

Of course, when I came down early she asked, All done?  me:Yep short and sweet.

her: OK  I hope that I didn't invade your privacy.  in a snide kinda way.

I love her to death but I am getting so fed up with her crap.

Kymmie

3 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

My first full day at work as Elizabeth was interesting. I got my Outlook account updated but somebody forgot to remove my the old picture from my signature. Thankfully I only sent 1 email before I caught it. I have been on auto-pilot introducing myself on the phone for the last few years so I was surprised I only messed it once. I was also pretty funny listening everyone correct themselves when they would use my dead name.

I also changed everything on my FB account. I decided to just update my name, profile picture and just see where it lands. So far it's been going over good.

Wow, I'm so impressed and envious!!!

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

My first full day at work as Elizabeth was interesting.

Congrats @ElizabethStar  This is a big step and probably feels great to be seen as your true self now in a professional setting. I’m very happy for you?

Susan R?

Good Morning Ladies!

I started coffee real early this morning (5am).  I was so wiped out yesterday from a lot of things playing on my emotions I just had to hit the mattress around 8.  Nothing real bad happened, just life and work stuff but also has some great things so it just felt like a roller coaster.

I've decided to make it a really productive day and knock out a bunch of chores that have been neglected.  Its a bit rainy so it's a perfect day for it.

@ElizabethStar it's take a while to get the phones right;). I still catch myself and I've been answering about 30 calls a day for a month at work. It's so nice though to use our names publically right?  I went for my flu shot and the nurse call me by my new name yesterday and I was so relieved!  My doctors know to use my name and they set it up in Kaiser's system so that's what everyone should use but I've noticed the last few times going infor labs or meds people used my dead name.  I could see the appointment list on her computer and there I was "Bri". It's the little things that matter.

Have a wonderful day girls if I don't jump back on and "see" you.

Hugs/Kisses

Bri

PS: Oooo- my halloween costume arrived and I am so excited

Screen Shot 2020-09-26 at 7.12.33 AM.png

• Forum Moderator

@ElizabethStar I cannot find the words to tell you how proud I am of all your accomplishments. You are an amazing woman.

Part of me thought coming out on social media would be kinda easy. Let me tell you, it's not. I have friends I've known since I was 6.  So far only one friend said they were a bit surprised the others gave me loves and likes. Even a few I hadn't heard anything from in months saw and commented on my post.

I do still have one friend I would like to hear from. We held each other up during some really dark times. Later she found God and has been taking it to a new level. Regretting and shaming herself for desecrating her vessel of God because she got a tattoo back in her 20's. I don't think our friendship will survive but I have been wrong once or twice before?.

While writing this I've had a few more friend check-in and give me some loves. Guess times really have changed.

1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

Part of me thought coming out on social media would be kinda easy. Let me tell you, it's not. I have friends I've known since I was 6.  So far only one friend said they were a bit surprised the others gave me loves and likes. Even a few I hadn't heard anything from in months saw and commented on my post.

I do still have one friend I would like to hear from. We held each other up during some really dark times. Later she found God and has been taking it to a new level. Regretting and shaming herself for desecrating her vessel of God because she got a tattoo back in her 20's. I don't think our friendship will survive but I have been wrong once or twice before?.

While writing this I've had a few more friend check-in and give me some loves. Guess times really have changed.

People need time to process and a lot of people don't check social media as obsessively as others.  I seriously sweated it out for a day or two with some of my close friends that I messaged on FB and got no response.  Turned out they were just away from their electronics for a while. Give them time. Your friend may need a lot of time to process.  Just because she beats herself up with guilt doesn't mean she will apply the same standards to you.  You might want to reach out in a few days with a note explaining how much she means to you and you hope she can find a place for you in her life still.  If that doesn't work then it failed because of her not you and at least you tried.  

@ElizabethStar Congratulations on your whole coming out and name change. I am sure it is normal like others have said to make a slip up on the phone. I agree with Bri on giving people some time to react to the coming out and name change and not jumping to conclusions.

Well I am starting my coffee, and I keep thinking I have to send this darn email to my mom ... the coming out letter. Today is also the day that I give my dad the coming out letter when I see him here in a little bit. I am really concerned on how these two first coming out with family will go. My mom will be pivotal on figuring out how to do it with her side of the family. I am trying to remember also this is only blood, not necessarily my true family.

Hi everyone it’s my first Saturday off in 5 weeks. I have to figure out what to do with myself haha. Just sitting on the porch eating breakfast. So far I’ve haven’t noticed anything from my increased dosage and adding progesterone. I keep feeling and wondering if my patch is still there lol. That takes getting used to  

• Forum Moderator

You're young - it won't be long till you start noticing - believe me....

• Forum Moderator

Good Saturday morning to all my friends here, also to those who are not my friends yet.

Emily I know how you feel. the first Saturday off for me in a while too. couple months maybe, IDK.

Amber, good luck with your informing your parents of your true self. I need to tell my Mom.but she is 84 so I am scared to. then there is my sister, too. my only direct relations. My sister is going in for surgery she has a herniated colon.

Liz, I hope your friend accepts you as you. Yeah, people need to assess the information. I believe that happened to me with the worse happening. They way I look at it. They don't want to be my friend then they don't deserve mine.

Sorry for the sour grapes.  However, Have my middle son and grandsons coming for a visit today. So we get to have our grandsons overnight.

Kymmie

Good Morning All!

Love seeing all the positive posts the past day! Congrats Liz! Big milestone achieved!

I went out last night to a party for the first time since surgery, wasn’t too bad. Had a few shots so I think that made me feel better. Haven’t had any alcohol in close to 3 months, so it was nice! But sore this morning and tired, I didn’t get home until close to 2 so threw my dilation schedule off a bit. But at least I got to sleep in! Haven’t slept until 10am in over 2 months. 

Just finished my stuff now, going to sit up in the couch today and watch lifetime movies. May try and tidy up the house this evening. Hope everyone has a fantastic day! 

@ElizabethStarOMG girl, I can't tell you just how happy I am for you. I'm so glad everyone is being so nice. Now I wish I worked there, seems like a wonderful place to work. Anyway I'm so happy everything is going so well for you. Hugs @HollyNoel

15 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Congratulation Elizabeth on your coming out. I am as Christian as it gets, but I am also trans. If you want to keep this friend and get a bad response, PM me. I might have some ideas that can help. In the mean time, I'm hoping the rest of your replies are all positive!

Hugs,

Mike

@Confused1I decided I'm just going to let that friendship work itself organically.

I still have other good and supportive friends I made during my time down in Arkansas. One that I didn't think would support me is actually very happy for me. Turns out my name is the same as her daughter's middle name.

So far all the responses I've had since coming out on facebook had been positive. I really didn't want to delete my account and have to start over.

On 9/25/2020 at 1:08 PM, Bri2020 said:

I just want to run down to the DMV and get my license changed now but I'm holding off until after the election so my voter registration doesn't get messed up.  

A wise move. Every vote is so important in these unsettling times!  Congratulations and hugs,

Astrid 

6 hours ago, Astrid said:

A wise move. Every vote is so important in these unsettling times!  Congratulations and hugs,

Astrid 

Yeah. Fingers crossed for November. Even here in Australia we're on tender hooks waiting to see what happens.