• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

My plans are pretty simple: The weekly rotation is back to me for a Sunday shift at work this afternoon. Oh, well, it's extra money.

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Waking up for the second time today, decided to lay back down since not much was going on in general. I have a support group that I facilitate this afternoon, but besides that not sure what else I am going to do. I was thinking about going for a walk, but the weather doesn't look great at all. Maybe I'll get some more dishes done up and finally make that apple and blueberry crisp I have been thinking about making for the last few weeks (Ha! I doubt that will end up happening).

1 hour ago, Shay said:

good day to relax

Shay - I don't think I understand what this relax thing is. I just know how to push through and get to the other side on whatever energy I can muster. Probably not a good thing, just most things that others find relaxing I don't, like watching TV isn't very relaxing to me for the most part.

• Forum Moderator

Went to church again .  This is how I looked.

3EF7C457-47F1-4AB5-879A-2A55F8BBC7DE.jpeg

@Willow you look great. 

Well all my plans just got tossed. Currently in the ER with a pretty bad kidney stone. Nice thing is the staff is using my preferred Justine and not my dead name. 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, JustineM said:

Well all my plans just got tossed. Currently in the ER with a pretty bad kidney stone. Nice thing is the staff is using my preferred Justine and not my dead name. 

Great news that they're willing to call you by your name. Less great about the kidney stones. Feel better soon sweetie!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

sorry to hear about your kidney stones. I’ve had them and they are not fun. Once I was so badly blocked when they measured my output it was three times what it should have been.  Another they had to go in and break it to get it out.  I’ve been very careful about what I eat and drink since the last one.

hope they get you straightened out quick.

Willow

EC1994AD-E10D-46B8-8502-BDC6196BE4B9.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

@QuestioningAmber HRT is going to help take care of that. I never slowed down and keep busy but it is getting easier just to be in the moment and enjoy the moment.

• Forum Moderator

Sorry @JustineM about the stones. I have been lucky I have never had a case. (knock on wood) but I have heard horror stories about the pain from something that small.

Just got off work. Open tomorrow, days Tues and Wend, Off Thurs and Fri open Sat then off Sunday and Monday.

Have a better rest of your weekend everyone.

Kymmie

Thank you everyone. I’m feeling better, probably from the meds lol. This is my 4th go round with stones. The ER staff was very pleasant and very affirming. Even my discharge papers all had female pronouns on it. I’m home resting now.

Loving all the new pictures, you ladies all look lovely. 

Finding out my ex wife is starting to adjust better that our daughter Allison is much happier.She does call her Allison using the pronouns she and her too.

Wife and I decided to try something new as well,check out vintage dresses.She bought one and I bought two of them.This is one of the I bought looks like

Unique_Vintage_1950s_Emerald_Green_Delores_Swing_Dress_with_Sleeves_d5f408cd-7e4f-4975-86d7-bd8f510cc260_1024x1024.jpg?v=1557533495

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, KendraML said:

Wife and I decided to try something new as well,check out vintage dresses.She bought one and I bought two of them.This is one of the I bought looks like

Absolutely Gorgeous...reminds me of something the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel would wear.

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, KendraML said:

Finding out my ex wife is starting to adjust better that our daughter Allison is much happier.She does call her Allison using the pronouns she and her too.

That’s a good sign. I bet Allison is elated about this. Has she said anything about your ex-wife’s response?

• Forum Moderator
7 hours ago, JustineM said:

This is my 4th go round with stones. The ER staff was very pleasant and very affirming. Even my discharge papers all had female pronouns on it.

At least you had some good affirmation while dealing with this. That can sometimes help get us through some of the worst of times.

I hope things get back to normal for you soon.

Wishing you the best,

Susan R?

2 hours ago, Susan R said:

That’s a good sign. I bet Allison is elated about this. Has she said anything about your ex-wife’s response?

Yes,Allison has said this and happy this is happening

2 hours ago, Susan R said:

Absolutely Gorgeous...reminds me of something the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel would wear.

I also have the shoes on order,didn't have my size in stock

@KendraML Wow, that dress is really pretty!

@Willow You're looking wonderfully stylish! If you don't mind my saying so, I love the "I don't give an F" expression!

Why is it always afternoon when I get around to this? haha. 

Anywho, Good aftermorning!! 

Something I learned when in school leadership, is that you should always make your bed in the morning, so even if you had a rough day, you will always come back to a made bed. It is one of the easiest tasks, and give you a small sense of accomplishment for the day!

2 hours ago, Aidan5 said:

Something I learned when in school leadership, is that you should always make your bed in the morning, so even if you had a rough day, you will always come back to a made bed. It is one of the easiest tasks, and give you a small sense of accomplishment for the day!

Commander of SEALs team 6 Admiral William McCraven says the same thing. excerpt from a commencement spreach last year:  

"If you want to change the world, start off by making your bed,'' 

"If you make your bed every morning, you will have accomplished the first task of the day,'' he said. "It will give you a small sense of pride, and it will encourage you to do another task, and another, and another. And by the end of the day that one task completed will have turned into many tasks completed. 

"Making your bed will also reinforce the fact that the little things in life matter. If you can't do the little things right, you'll never be able to do the big things right. And if by chance you have a miserable day, you will come home to a bed that is made — that you made. And a made bed gives you encouragement that tomorrow will be better."

1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

Commander of SEALs team 6 Admiral William McCraven says the same thing. excerpt from a commencement spreach last year:  

"If you want to change the world, start off by making your bed,'' 

"If you make your bed every morning, you will have accomplished the first task of the day,'' he said. "It will give you a small sense of pride, and it will encourage you to do another task, and another, and another. And by the end of the day that one task completed will have turned into many tasks completed. 

"Making your bed will also reinforce the fact that the little things in life matter. If you can't do the little things right, you'll never be able to do the big things right. And if by chance you have a miserable day, you will come home to a bed that is made — that you made. And a made bed gives you encouragement that tomorrow will be better."

Yes! That's where I got it from!! My leadership teacher played that video, I couldn't remember what it was called, thank you!!

I had a terrible few days and a good experience because of it.  I developed an extremely painful thrombosed hemorrhoid that made me miserable since Friday night. I got to see a surgeon today just as the pain started to become bearable.  While there, I was addressed as Bri by everyone and when the nurse was asking me questions asked when my last period was.  It took me by complete surprise and I was trying to figure out the right answer and she was like, has it been that long?  Too which my humor finally caught on and I  responded, I think you could say that.....and finally let her know I was trans so yea, it's been a minute". she laughed and said- oh, I had no idea.  Almost made the rest of the visit OK.  -Almost.

For those of you that have experienced being treated as a cis woman in the Dr's office do you come clean or how do you respond?  

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, Bri2020 said:

While there, I was addressed as Bri by everyone and when the nurse was asking me questions asked when my last period was.  It took me by complete surprise and I was trying to figure out the right answer and she was like, has it been that long?

Not completely outside the realm of possibility. My therapist told me about a trans friend who it turns out was actually intersex. They discovered a uterus and ovaries when they went in for the vaginoplasty and just hooked everything up more-or-less correctly. She had her first period at forty.

As for the doctor's office conundrum, I come clean right away. It's legal to refuse me service for being trans where I live so one of my first questions with a new doctor is, "I'm trans, is that going to be a problem?"

Hugs!