• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Thank you everyone for the kind words. Just bored in this motel room. My wife said she is doing alright. Except word spread like wildfire.

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

A good Friday morning to everyone. Have the next two days off. work Sat then another 2 days off. Plus my wife and youngest are going to Lincoln, Ne to visit my oldest.

So Fri-most of Sun I have for ME. Just trying to think of what to do. So, I need to go to the VA to get my yearly letter stating my disability %. For my DV license plates. I just may go to Ulta beauty and get some things. Does anyone know if they offer make up classes?

Well I went ahead and did the changes with work. I am moving forward.

Kymmie

@Shaysorry for your loss Hun. Loss a younger brother a year ago this month and know how hard it is to recover from a sibling loss you always thought would be there with you.

@Emily michellehope for a negative result on Saturday and a speedy recovery for you wife.

20 hours ago, Willow said:

To everyone else, wear a mask, stay distanced and avoid crowds, wash your hands and use sanitizer.  We keep both liquid and sanitizing cloths in our cars and use them all the time.  And since I’m being an advertisement for health and safety, get a flu shot! Pneumonia and shingles too if you are old enough.

Agree this is best advice to everyone. :) 

Love to all.

Big Canadian Hugs 

JoniSteph

• Forum Moderator

@JoniSteph thank you for your kind words - loss of first sibling does bring mortality more in focus and reminds me to keep working towards unuifying my inside and outside to where it should be and complete the transition I started.

Hi everyone just chilling out here in my room. I started watching the show transparent last night. I think it’s a good show so far. I’m bound a determined to teach myself how to wear a headband with out looking ridiculous lol. Have a good day everyone!

• Forum Moderator

Transparent was a groundbreaker - that's for sure and not all trans people are beauty queens and muscle men... sadly enough - but it's good to see reality - The movie NORMAL with Tom Wilkerson is also very good.

2 hours ago, Emily michelle said:

I started watching the show transparent last night. I think it’s a good show so far.

I only watched it this year.  Haven't see it all, but it was better than I expected.

@KendraMLI know what that is like. I have COPD so lots of times I have to lower mask to breathe through my nose.

Feels like cheating :)

Big Canadian Hugs 

JoniSteph

6 hours ago, KymmieL said:

Well I went ahead and did the changes with work. I am moving forward.

I’m so happy for you. 

• Forum Moderator

A change, I only have Thur and Friday  off. The the same for next week. The manager isn't taking as many day off. Oh, well.  Still have after work on Saturday. 

I got an email from HR conferming that the change was done in the computer system.  On weird thing she addressed me by Kymmie. But I  signed the email as Kymbrill.  She must have remembered from a previous email that I sent.  Cool.

Hugs 

Kymmie 

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

I got an email from HR conferming that the change was done in the computer system.  On weird thing she addressed me by Kymmie. But I  signed the email as Kymbrill.  She must have remembered from a previous email that I sent.  Cool.

Awesome! Congratulations! Kudos! Promotions all around!

In all seriousness, these little victories always seem to matter the most to me. Little moments like that are what you always remember.

Hugs!

Bought a newer car today,a 2016 Dodge Charger.My mechanic said I needed to buy another car,previous car was getting real rusty.Did have my mechanic check it over before I bought it and said it was a good buy.So far I like it and did call my insurance company to transfer the insurance to this one.Transfered the plate to this car too.Gave my old car to a neighbor whom is a scrapper,going to sell it as crush when the price of junk cars go up.

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I got an email from HR conferming that the change was done in the computer system.

Congrats Kymmie.☺️

3 hours ago, KendraML said:

Bought a newer car today,a 2016 Dodge Charger.

I love Chargers..new and vintage. Congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy your purchase for a very long time.

Susan R?

1 hour ago, Susan R said:

I love Chargers..new and vintage. Congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy your purchase for a very long time.

Susan R?

I am starting to enjoy it,the used car dealer I bought it from treated me very good.Has the 5.7 hemi in it.I don't buy the vehicle on the spot,a trip to my mechanic for an inspection is first.I want to know if it is a good car or not,my mechanic charges me nothing for the inspection

Kendra, congrats on the new car!  

Every time I take my car in for service, I am haunted by the thought that this time the service advisor is going to tell some really bad news.  My car is thirteen years old and has 233,000 miles.   Somehow though it keeps chugging along as if it were a virtually new car.  

I have to confess I have no idea what a Dodge Charger looks like.  There was a time a lifetime ago when I knew pretty much every car model.  My interest in cars has faded with age.   Hopefully it will prove utterly reliable.  

All the best,

Katy

• Forum Moderator

I wonder if I was the cause for the gender identity to be added as a discrimination in the companies policies? Because it was just after I had emailed the girl at HR. When I noticed it.

Kymmie

@KymmieLI had a similar experience. Two weeks after the company OK'd and updated my info they issued information for everyone to take a course on sexual harassment and discrimination. Apparently my state has recently made it a requirement for everyone, for employment but I didn't know that so I was like OGM this is my fault.

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL @ElizabethStar that’s interesting that both of your employers made sure employees were given information on sexual harassment.  more employers and states should act accordingly.

Willow

I think that was good both of your employers updated their policies. I honesty don’t know what my employer would do about that. I’m afraid I would still face constant ridicule regardless. My past employers would not have done anything to  their policies. 

Today I’ve managed to make 6 months on hrt. I’m so happy. Its hard to believe how far I’ve come. I would have never thought I’d make it this far. I have my moments but I’m in a much better state than I was before. The changes are great I actually have boobs now and I have to wear a bra when I go out. It’s funny I used to be so happy to wear a bra now sometimes I can’t wait to take it off. My skin is much softer now even though it is much easier irritate. I actually just noticed my face is beginning to look rounder. I smiled the other day when I looked in the mirror and actually saw Emily. I’m excited to see what the next 6 months bring.