• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a great start to the morning. The coffee, also from Black Rifle, is strong and tasty. Had 5 trucks lined up to pull out of base this morning and we all started blasting “Convoy” by CW McCall. Feeling good and hoping today goes smoothly. 

• Forum Moderator

@ElizabethStar the did turn out great. So cute.

@JustineMWay back in the late 1900's aka 1990's our company had a policy that prohibited our tank trucks from following within a mile of each other. CLTL was self insured for the first 5 million and some of the products we hauled were twice that costs for a truck load.

Stay Positive,

Mindy???

@ElizabethStar The ears are on point and you do have a real hidden talent there with the engineering and building.

I am on my second cup of coffee today. Not much going on, it's rainy and 45F today, so I decided to make some chili. Work has been kind of slow for me and right now I am doing some training on Salesforce. I think I am going to have to build up to handling doing nothing but training for a whole day, because I am exhausted after my 4 hours or so of training currently, and the day is only half over.

9 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

I never got into laser cutting, it's 3d printing and not my design. My designs are usually a little more complex. Last summer I designed and built an exoskeleton (my 3rd version). It's powered or anything. More like a costume. The tricky parts were: every part had to fit within a 6inch cube (it made for quit the puzzle), all the joints are supported with metal BB's (for bearings) and some Velcro straps. No glue, no screws or any other foreign materials. I loved the engineering challenge.

IMG_1046.JPG

WOW!  I'm Impressed!

Hugs,

Mike

• Forum Moderator
1 hour ago, ElizabethStar said:

I didn’t even know today was national cat day. 

Oh no! I need to give all the cats cuddles STAT!

Hugs!

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL Grants Pass.  Interesting place.  If you are into river rafting there is the Rogue river, mountains, farming nice place. 

I went there on business a few times.

You asked for opinions on what you should do if you get the job offer.  I don’t feel anyone should advise you on this.  The only thing I’ve said before  and I think is worth repeating is you should sit down with your wife with out your son and talk it out.  One way or another you are going to be out soon or are out at work.  So time is of the essence.

Good luck

Willow

Good morning,

I'm off today in observance of the holiday. My furry kids got up at 4:30 so I'm up.

Have to re-do nails. I'm a little obsessed with them these days. After a week of service calls my nails are pretty trashed. Nails are not tools....unless you have at least 5 coats of polish on them. This time it's rainbow glitter on black enamel.

I've accepted I'm sparkles and rainbows.

Sparkles and rainbows are awesome. My toes always have sparkles on them. My fingernails are trashed unfortunately. I used to use mine as tools. I try not to now they take to long to grow back.

• Forum Moderator

I’m trying desperately to grow longer nails but mine are very thin and weak.  They fray at the tip. Nail polish helps but does not completely solve the problem.  I’ve tried all different nail hardeners OPI original works best for me but even it can’t get my nails very long.

coffee was hot and black dark roast as usual. I woke up at 5.  Our dog heard me so she came in and decided to lay with us.  I did manage to get a little more sleep.  

zeta kept messing with our internet yesterday and now they are talking about a likely eta.  That would tie the record for the most hurricanes in one year but it took through December for that to happen in 2005.  

what a lousy year! Pandemic hurricanes political fights worst ever.  Cant wait for it to be over.

hugs

Willow

I agree 2020 has been an interesting year. I can’t say it’s been horrible because I realized who I was and was willing to admit for the first time. 

2 hours ago, Willow said:

I’m trying desperately to grow longer nails but mine are very thin and weak.  They fray at the tip. Nail polish helps but does not completely solve the problem.  I’ve tried all different nail hardeners OPI original works best for me but even it can’t get my nails very long.

Mine fray a lot, too. All the hand sanitizer I go through at work probably doesn't help either. It even eats right through my hardener and top coat, leaving a bunch of white residue, so I've given up on the hardener for now :(

I wonder if part of the problem for both of us might be our nail files. I just recently learned about glass/crystal nail files that cost a little more, but are supposed to be waaay easier on the nails. I'm gonna have to order some today. Metal files and emory boards apparently just shred the ends. If you are using a metal file or emory board, make sure to only go in one direction, not back and forth. I didn't used to know that.

@ElizabethStar That sounds like a cute combination, black background with rainbow sparkles. I have learned to stop using my nails as a tool, just haven't gotten the courage to put some polish to them yet, besides clear coat.

@Emily michelle I agree with you that this year has been interesting, but not all horrible. I got the depression treatment that I needed to be able to start tackling my gender dysphoria. I have also been able to come out to friends and family, leaving really just coming out socially and professionally.

Yesterday was therapy day which was kind of hard because I admitted that I had some intrusive thoughts according to my therapist. She is challenging me more on being vulnerable and asking for help when I need from the various support groups, chat groups, and forums I am apart of. This is a really hard task because I have been burned before for one for showing weakness. The second reason is I view myself as someone who leads and are more of a supporter naturally. So just putting it out here honestly makes me feel nervous.

2 things I learned about nails - preferably never cut them but file instead, no matter how long they are, and do not work on them after shower or any other activity with long exposure to water.

I have been using glass files for a couple of years now, and I would not even consider touching metal file unless it has diamond coating.

I've been using ORLY Nail Defense. It's some sort of protein treatment works really good for me. It takes forever to dry (12+hours) as a top coat without a UV light.

1 hour ago, Heather Nicole said:

I wonder if part of the problem for both of us might be our nail files. I just recently learned about glass/crystal nail files that cost a little more, but are supposed to be waaay easier on the nails.

I don't file the tops of my nails before polish unless they're really, really bad. I can goto town smoothing the polish without thinning my nails.

1 hour ago, QuestioningAmber said:

just haven't gotten the courage to put some polish to them yet, besides clear coat.

I stopped chewing and painting mine Oct. '17. I painted them black and said it was for Halloween.?

And Starbucks did it again. They can't get my name right. How do you get Richard out of Elizabeth? I hated doing it but I called and complained to corporate.

• Forum Moderator

Just waiting for the coffee to warm back up. I agree that 2020 sucks. things haven't been to bad for me directly. The country yes. totally.

My nails can get fairly long and /or break. forcing me to cut them down. I am sorry I still use clippers, but I am working on changing to a file. If I get to ulta today. maybe I'll look into a glass one. A girls got to take care of herself.

Well the interview went OK. He was concerned about the housing crunch in Grants Pass. He said to look into it and will contact me next week if I am still interested.

With the up coming winter season. I may hold off until spring. for three reasons. first better travel weather, Second, with three weeks till I can possibly get on HRT. I don't want to pass it up. third: I might be able to get the crown vic back up and running. I was planning on taking her when I leave.

Plus, I have to see what happens at work.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Thanks for all the hints on nail care. I’ll have to see about a glass tool.

For everyone who has had things go right for you,getting HRT, finding out you problem, getting depression under control, etc clearly this has not been a bad year but a year to celebrate.  

I was really referring to the climate/weather.  And you can use climate in many ways here.  Rioting and looting.  Unwarranted death by police, the unwillingness of our leaders to work for the good of the country an on and on.  

I think most of us have made some sort of personal positive progress this year.  

I CONGRATULATE US! ?

I think most of us have made some sort of personal positive progress this year

I agree. It’s been good for me. 

• Forum Moderator

I have a glass file I've had for years.  I love it.  You can easily wash it off too.  

I agree its time to stick a fork in 2020, its done! 

• Forum Moderator

I think most of us have made some sort of personal positive progress this year.  

I CONGRATULATE US! ?

Good morning/afternoon,

I agree Willow, when it's all said and done my 2020 has been mostly good. I've had some very deep mood swings in both directions. I learn so much by reading the posts here, and your questions are almost always the questions going through my head at the same time.

The coffee was HOT, BLACK, and STRONG.

Hugs for everyone,

Mindy???

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, KymmieL said:

I was planning on taking her when I leave.

Plus, I have to see what happens at work.

Hugs

Good morning Kymmie,

I love that you have options.

Go Girl MotorHeads,

Mindy???