• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Mmindy said:

Go Girl MotorHeads,

Mindy???

Always have always will, babe. LOL

Kymmie

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:
7 hours ago, Willow said:

I think most of us have made some sort of personal positive progress this year

I agree. It’s been good for me. 

It has been rough at times, but yeah, there has been good too.

Met with a realtor today to check out a couple of houses. I'm not sure where to draw the line but we were dressed waay too similar. Black booties/knee highs, black leggings and black sweater/hoodie awkward. And I had my cat ears.

2020 has been rough for sure. I had a worse 2019, so I can't complain too much I guess. I still have coffee and latchhooks. That's enough for now. 

• Forum Moderator

Happy Halloween ??????

well I got daring yesterday.  I cut 4yards of canvas to make a “stack pack for the mainsail. Before you ask, a stack pack is a cover to protect a sail from sun and weather and allows you to leave the sail on the boom.  After I cut a triangle off one side I sewed in on the other to make it bigger..  I measured at the boat numerous times had my wife look at it with me and together we came up with this idea.  I have to take this back to the boat and test this.  I sure hope I didn’t waste this..

I’m starting to get the hang of sewing big heavy fabric on my new sewing machine.  It funny, we had four machines all with a purpose but none would sew the heavy fabric used on the sailboat. I bought a heavy duty Singer, least expensive machine we own and it does a great job.  Go figure.

well with Covid, the ghosts, witches and goblins won’t be out tonight.

unless you live in one of the few smart states don’t forget to change your clocks tonight. Maybe we’ll wake up and it will all be over.  (Fat chance)

enjoy your coffee

hugs

Willow

11 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Met with a realtor today to check out a couple of houses. I'm not sure where to draw the line but we were dressed waay too similar. Black booties/knee highs, black leggings and black sweater/hoodie awkward. And I had my cat ears.

Haha there’s nothing wrong with that lol. My wife just bought me a cute animal print sweater and another pair of leggings. I’m waiting for the boots I ordered to come in.

11 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

Black booties/knee highs, black leggings and black sweater/hoodie awkward. And I had my cat ears.

It sounds like you both have good tastes in clothing Elizabeth. I am jealous on the boots, I am having a hard time finding anything that comes large enough for me.

Woke up from some weird dreams this morning. I think it is time to put away the Summer clothes and prepare to put them into storage for the winter and bring out the winter clothes (or put away the new ones). I also have to do some cleaning today so we can use our table tomorrow for a virtual Monopoly game with some friends from a mental health support group. That will be interesting to see how it plays out.

• Forum Moderator

It's the weekend.  That means espresso for breakfast! :)  A nice, sunny but cold day.

We don't do Halloween, but our neighbours are going to be bringing their two-year-old daughter over for her first trick-or-treat.  Then we are heading over to their place for a socially-distanced bonfire.

My wife and I are thinking of getting a fire pit.  We have a big deck, part of which is covered, so we have been able to have the occasional social gathering this covid summer, but it is getting too cold for that now.  A fire pit will extend our ability to socialize.  We are not going to be socializing indoors for the foreseeable future.

Happy Halloween to all who celebrate it. I'm not sure what the state of Illinois actual decision on trick or treating is for this year but, I am pretty sure that part is relatively safe. I think it's all the adult parties and the bars that will be the danger zones. I usually walk at night to avoid other people. Today that won't be possible so I have to get my mileage before the kids take over.

I hope everyone is doing well.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning. It’s November 1st.  Where has this year gone?  Oh yeah, lots of sitting around doing nothing.  Well, maybe not nothing but certainly not normal.  My bedside clock is turned back but around 4am we lost power so all the kitchen clocks are way off. The don’t auto regulate which is odd.

did you see the blue moon last night?  It was great for Halloween full moon clouds around and flowing under it.  Very spooky. 

well I need to get ready for church  have a great day.

Willow

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Willow said:

It’s November 1st.  Where has this year gone?  

What a waste of time this one has been.  Nowhere to go and nothing to do.  Couldn't travel, museums and other venues closed.  I am hoping for a return to normal in 2021.

• Forum Moderator

An armpit of a year!  Still, a year of hope: hope that I'd get my SRS (I did); hope that the pain would end (it didn't); hope that a political era in the neighbouring country would end (we'll see); hope that covid-19 would end (it'll take time).  Hope, and not much else.

Still, the coffee this morning was good.  We had a great time celebrating Halloween with out neighbours.  They brought their little daughter over in the afternoon for treats.  She's two, and was dressed as an owl.  Very cute.  In the evening, after the daughter's bedtime, they had a bonfire with us and some other of their friends.  One of them showed up in an eight-foot-tall T-rex costume!  The poor dog had a fit: very brave while the dino wasn't looking, but she ran and hid when it turned around. 

19 hours ago, ElizabethStar said:

@AbiI'm in the Northern end of Illinois. My town is allowing it. we've only had one kid so far.

I saw very few kids out but, there were very few homes near me with their lights on. I find that somewhat surprising though. The majority of my neighborhood does not seem concerned about the virus or wearing protective masks. I am happy to wear my mask out. I have a purple butterfly mask and get the most profound stares but that's ok. I only go out once every few weeks anyway other than taking walks.

I spent my Halloween alone but, reading and latch hooking was a nice way to use my time. I made a keto dish. One of my favorites. It's just chicken breasts with cream cheese, regular shredded cheese, bacon bits and jalapenos. Baked and delicious. So filling and very good for my diet.

Morning ladies, kind of a gloomy gray day today in Florida. Haven't been on in a few days. Kind of just been  coasting. Hormones are starting to do their job,almost fill my bra. Only an a cup, but it's a start. Hope everyone has a great day ?

Good morning,

The day is as warm as it's going to be all day I guess, there is definitely some wind to contend with. Doing the switch of wardrobes from Summer to Winter clothing as the weather seems to be trending that way (at least for the moment). Also going to be hosting an online board game session with some friends from a support group, so that will be fun. If it works well, I might just have to do those every week or two maybe.

Morning everyone.  Been kind of a rough morning, due to having to replace all the piping under my sink I was unable to enjoy a morning coffee, plus woke up with the dysphoria hitting me over the head.  The sink will be finished here in a little bit, I've got to run get a couple extra parts.  

On the upside of things.  I got new pretties in yesterday!  My wife bought me several new pairs of earrings and a necklace.  I'll have to get some pictures later.  Can't wait til I can change out the earrings in a couple weeks. Got a tree of life pair, an dangle pair that have stars and moons, plus a couple of green studs.  The necklace is a light chain with an infinity loop.

I may have to grab a gas station coffee on the way to the hardware store. 

Just got back from the laundromat.  Since I don't have a washer that's how it is.  It used to make me very nervous, but I've mostly gotten over that now.  When I was first going, I would pretty much dress in "guy mode" or kinda ambiguously - jeans & T-shirts.  But most of my laundry was fem.  I would get really paranoid folding panties etc. in front of the other people cause I knew they could clock me.

But I've mostly gotten over that now.  The attendant is friendly, and has even read me as a woman before.

Today I wore a tunic over leggings and my high boots.

Morning all...how I love Sundays.

Back in bed with a delish cup of coffee, checking out the words and music of my far flung friends here.  Sorry to hear about your pipes @JustineM...bummer.  At least you got some new jewelry.

The first person I wanted to tell called last night.  Someone I love and trust, and kinda new about my struggles in the past.  She was very supportive and even warned me to listen to my instincts when choosing an affordable therapist because of how vulnerable I may need to be.

I have an appointment with a psychologist specializing in transgender care, but I won't be able to afford that for too long, so I lined up a couple of phone consultations with nearby LGBTQ centers that have a sliding scale.

In the past I've complained about living in California, but I've stopped doing that.  I even moved away a couple of times, but I'm lucky to be here now...lot's of resources.  And my winter wardrobe means adding leggings.

Happy "All Saints Day" to all you exceptional people.

Leggings have been coming up a lot lately?. I'm looking for other ideas of how to wear them. I've been doing tuck, cover and hope for the best with the help of a pair of workout shorts underneath but things tend to not stay put and not all of my tops are long enough. I'm also looking to get some fleece lined leggings and think I would sweat too much with the additional shorts. Then there's the backside. I feel like I have uni-butt. Surely it's not as bad as I think but I am conscience of it. I don't have a whole to work with but I'd like a little more separation back there.  I would also love to exclude the added shorts. I'm open to thoughts and suggestions.

Wearing a thong on the outside might give you some separation. ? 

Actually, long tops is all I can come up with, but you ladies have got me really wanting some thigh high boots lately.

When I wear leggings I wear a tight pair of panties with a pad the pad helps keep the tuck and smooths out the bump. 

• Forum Moderator

Don't really know how many kids we had last night. We just put a bowl on a chair out front.  My 23 yr old son and his girl friend went out.

Actually a nice day today was 60. Almost had a repeat of last Sunday. Went in and the POS system was down. one of the other guys was able to get it up. crisis averted, I wasn't ready for round two.

Kymmie