• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Sorry it didn't work out and that you had to physically go for the interview to learn that.  Think of it this way, every interview is an opportunity to better yourself regardless of the outcome.  If nothing else, you gained interview experience, and you learned what will and won't work for yourself.

I've hired more people than the times I interviewed for a new position for myself.  Neither side of the desk is easy.  Often times the interviewer is just as nervous as the interviewee.

Willow

• Replies 23k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Jae Bear,  how about a toaster oven air fryer?  Cousinart has one that you can get for a decent price on sale and it works really well.  I bought one  and everything works as advertised.  Made both fried food and baked as well as toast.  Just spray a little oil on the potatoes to make them more like the real thing.  hot wings made with fresh or frozen chicken.  perfect size for your tiny house.

Willow

1 hour ago, Willow said:

Sorry it didn't work out and that you had to physically go for the interview to learn that.  Think of it this way, every interview is an opportunity to better yourself regardless of the outcome.  If nothing else, you gained interview experience, and you learned what will and won't work for yourself.

I've hired more people than the times I interviewed for a new position for myself.  Neither side of the desk is easy.  Often times the interviewer is just as nervous as the interviewee.

Willow

I’m perfectly ok with not getting the job. The follow up call is what really made it a negative. I’m expected to not only do my background and drug testing within 3 days but I’m going to have to pay for them myself and I just explained that my budget is so tight I will barely pay the rent for the next 2 weeks. And I have to work the next two days. So that’s telling me that upper management isn’t really listening to their employees or prospective new hires, and leaves out critical information that should have been discussed up front. I know people are human and make mistakes but I was very clear on my situation and they (like so many other managers I’ve encountered over the years) are in denial because they are desperate for employees or really want a quick fix so they keep trying to fit square pegs in round holes way too small for such ridiculous shape mismatch lol. It’s a baaaad sign of things to come. So I’m probably going to call back and decline the offer. I haven’t even checked my email because instead of having me come back to get the forms, I’m expected to use these pdf files and print them out. What part of broke did he not hear? Lololol!

• Forum Moderator

Wow!  I never heard of the prospective new employee having to pay for a background and drug screen. That’s just insane!  And I suppose you have to go to the people they choose.  Any company I worked for, once I chose my best candidate the company paid to do the checks and pre-employment physical.  The reason is they want the screening done by their own people and they expect to get their money back by not paying top dollar until they’ve gotten back those expenses.  Could be even a clause in the employment contract or offer letter that if you quit before a certain date it can be deducted from final pay.  The other trick is to hire through a temp agency.  

But making you pay up front?  WOW.  If unemployment rates were high maybe but with such a low number right now employers are usually giving incentives 

Willow

• Forum Moderator

My goodness, there is certainly no reason to charge an employee for such expenses, I’ve been hiring here at this company for close to 20 years doing HR as well, I couldn’t possibly imagine asking prospective employees to pay those fees.

@Willow I do have a tiny microwave packed away in a box somewhere, and I’m working on the kitchenette designed this week, so in a month or so I should have all the cabinets hung  and the base cabinets and countertops in place. I’m planning on going with a two burner induction stove top and a 15 inch bar sink since I have so little counterspace. I was thinking about installing a June oven but I’m not certain I would use it very often, however the idea of baking in my loft sounds very tempting ,  cookies and crescent rolls with my coffee would be wonderful !

Getting home still seems like an adventure though, this morning when I left they had a bobcat tractor moving mud over the culvert pipe and it looked like a road made out of peanut butter. The four guys that were standing around told me not to even try it because they didn’t want to remove my minivan from the muck... Of course my friend was there and he knows I’m quite the daredevil, so he told everyone to get back and I could hear them grumbling and complaining about this crazy girl and her minivan. However I stuck it in second gear to reduce torque and squeezed the throttle up steadily until we were scooting across that peanut butter at a really rapid pace, I made it all the way across, the tires bit solid ground and we kept going, I could see two great big tire ruts pushed out of the peanut butter like a frozen wake behind me, all the boys holding their heads in astonishment while my friend yelled “Yee Haw!”... Getting home was just as bad and I knew I had to gun it across again but a few other cars have gone through there and it’s really moving that mud all over the place, I bottomed out a couple places but I got a cross again, I hope somebody dumps a few loads of rock on that thing, that’s what they really need to do ?

In keeping with the theme of this thread, I had 2 cups of coffee at work this morning, for whatever reason I was just really tired and wiped out all day, so the Walmart brand K cup coffee pods kept me alive long enough to feel really quite productive even though I had to leave the office at 6 o’clock to get all my work done...

I’m still awake probably because of coffee I drank at 1:30 pm and my neighbor always has someone knocking on their door late at night. Why do I always get bad neighbors with sleep disturbing habits? I have to get to work tomorrow.

Finally fell asleep and here I go early in the morning. No alarm needed. Weird how that works. Time to wake up with a nice cup of coffee, some vitamins, and maybe a little yogurt. It’s going to be a cold crisp morning. But first I need water. Does anyone else have night sweats? 

• Forum Moderator

Up early today. I am just too excited to get moving on my HRT that I want to get over to VA and get the PCP change paperwork done. But in the mean time I need to stop just looking at the done coffee and have a cup.

Have a great day.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning all!?

Today starts my weekend. Yay!?

Lots of love and a good morning hug,

Timber Wolf?

• Forum Moderator
5 hours ago, Josie Beth said:

Does anyone else have night sweats? 

I used to get them prior to HRT then they seemed to stop.  Recently though I've been getting a light version.  I think I just need less covers on my bed now! 

It started out with a dusting of snow today but will get warmer and turn to rain.  I've had coffee and an English Muffin, and I have no errands today so I'll stay in.  I do have heating oil being delivered later on.  Another big check to write!

Jani

5 hours ago, Josie Beth said:

Does anyone else have night sweats? 

Hmmm If you have these consistently/chronically, you might want to get these checked out by your doc.  There are quite a few things that can cause them including hormonal imbalances, side effects of some medications, low blood sugar, TB, certain cancers, and a few assorted neurological conditions. 

And good morning to everyone.  Just getting ready to enjoy a beautiful day. 

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Briana said:

Just getting ready to enjoy a beautiful day.

You're just rubbing it in!  You California women are always so cheery.  ?

It may be cool and grey but it's a great day!?

Cheers, Jani

LOL We DO pay$$$ for it though.  Sometimes I do miss the 4 seasons, especially Fall.  But, 2 hours east and I'm in the mountains and can enjoy all the snow and cold I need. 

• Forum Moderator

Jae Bear, I'm getting quite good laugh out of your culvert escapades.

Had my coffee this morning then a blood draw and ended up buying myself an outfit.  So far it's been a good day.  Clemson won, the sun is out, and the high today is supposed to be around 70.

• Forum Moderator

Oh yes!  I know you you do!  There is no free lunch.  I remember when I lived there that everyone talked about heading to the mountains for a change in weather and temps.  

• Forum Moderator

Well I woke up at 4:30 AM and just couldn’t go back to sleep, I heard my friend down below start his car to head off to his job at Stanford just as my lights clicked out and the power went off. I quickly grabbed the cordless phone that has the base in his house to call him really quick before he left. He was more than polite and flipped the Breakers back on that had tripped. That circuit is on a fresh 20 amp breaker with all new romex, I can’t see any reason it would’ve tripped because it only had one little 1800 W heater going at about half power, who knows?  I called him again later once he got back into cell range I asked how the culvert was this morning, he said I better start as far down the road as I can and hold the throttle straight to the floor or I’m not gonna make it, we will see about that ?

I fired up the keurig once to make oatmeal and then once again to make coffee,  that little trick works really well, and it’s not even instant oatmeal it’s regular oatmeal, I’m surprised it works that way. 

@Jani You’re right about California women, The weather is typically very nice but not all of us wear Manolo Blahnik’s and a big smile,  some of us just wear high top sneakers and a goofy grin?

Hugs to all,

Jackie

California girls, we're unforgettable
Daisy Dukes, bikinis on top
Sun-kissed skin so hot, we'll melt your popsicle
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh
California girls, we're undeniable
Fine, fresh, fierce, we got it on lock
West Coast represent, now put your hands up
Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh, oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh

Thanks, @Jani! Now I have Katy Perry stuck in my head!!!

• Forum Moderator
Just now, jae bear said:

Manolo Blahnik

I had to look this up.  Beautiful shoes!

Just now, SugarMagnolia said:

Thanks, @Jani! Now I have Katy Perry stuck in my head!!!

That's your fault for listening to these ear worms!  ?

• Forum Moderator
44 minutes ago, Briana said:

LOL We DO pay$$$ for it though.  Sometimes I do miss the 4 seasons, especially Fall.  But, 2 hours east and I'm in the mountains and can enjoy all the snow and cold I need. 

Nothin' like So Cal, the warmth, the beaches, the mountains (great powder skiing), the deserts, it's got it all even Knotts Berry Farm and everything, you can have all this cold rain and snow here in the NW, I'm feelin' like I need to be southbound about now.... I am craving a double double with cheese and onions......Something we don't have here (just yet).

Hugs

C -

• Forum Moderator
13 minutes ago, Cyndee said:

I am craving a double double

Is that from Sonic?  Or In and Out?  

• Forum Moderator
46 minutes ago, Jani said:

Is that from Sonic?  Or In and Out?  

In n' Out for sure Jani. The closest In n' Out has now reached Kaiser, OR I understand, they have been slowly migrating north and originated in So Cal back when, we welcome this trend, they are just sooo yummy....

We do have a Sonic here, their fine too....(once and while)

Hugs

C -

• Forum Moderator

Cyndee,  What ever happened to Arctic Circle?

• Forum Moderator

I've been to both when I had traveled west for work and I've tried them both.  Sort of upscale compared to McD or BK.   I remember buying a cool In 'n Out tee shirt.  I know they used to sponsor a drag racing team.  I eventually gave it to a good friend.   

Neither are here on the East coast that I know of.  

Jani

Just now, Jani said:

I've been to both when I had traveled west for work and I've tried them both.  Sort of upscale compared to McD or BK.   I remember buying a cool In 'n Out tee shirt.  I know they used to sponsor a drag racing team.  I eventually gave it to a good friend.   

Neither are here on the East coast that I know of.  

Jani

There were in and out burger places in mass when I was a kid. But they shut down decades ago. Probably in the 80s