• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

its a shame people are so snotty about others .... people should be there to help and support not be snotty or stuck up we have one life be there for people i say

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I don’t think it was snottyness really, just protective of the group. There was a disruptive attendee that would get way out in left field, start bragging about how they could beat people up, but then claimed to be intersexed but their other personal information didn’t agree with the claim, and they were very pushy, would hijack the group, etc. They would also very often give erroneous medical advice and tried to offer laser hair removal because they bought their own machine. They also had somewhat stalkerish behavior. It’s been a long standing struggle to be patient with them but I think the group had enough because they were making everyone uncomfortable and I got the sense that many were not attending because of this person. I think they were coping with other health issues that really need a qualified professional therapist, not a group. I hope they get the help they need but it just wasn’t going to happen in the group. I’m waiting for the smoke to clear up and see if they resume meetings next weekend.

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone,

damp day with some rain. Coffee is good today.

I went to my first support meeting yesterday.  Like I said before  I didn’t know what to expect.  The group has been around for 20 years and has two moderators.  About a dozen people were there.  It is the closest to me and is over an hour and a half one way.  The meet monthly.  Now I need to decide about going again next month.  

Willow

Good morning.

It snowed last night and I awoke to a winter wonderland.   The group meeting was very reassuring.  They where warm, friendly and really seamed to care.  They are older than I thought but very kind.  It was worth the hour drive.

98% of my friends and family are against me transitioning.  They constantly say “It’s okay to be trans but don’t express your gender identity”.  If I take that step, I will have zero support.  Maybe this is the first step in building that support and understanding that I yearn.

Have a fun day.  I off to enjoy the snow.

hugs Adaline 

• Forum Moderator

Sitting by a huge mug of coffee at the moment. I like a large jug. It's afternoon here. I did the weekly shop this morning, but did find time to buy a couple of shirts. TKMAXX who are a bit iffy with sizes so I took time to try them on. There is nothing like a bit of pampering and self buying after the normal chores :D

Tracy

4 hours ago, Josie Beth said:

Well, I don’t think it was snottyness really, just protective of the group. There was a disruptive attendee that would get way out in left field, start bragging about how they could beat people up, but then claimed to be intersexed but their other personal information didn’t agree with the claim, and they were very pushy, would hijack the group, etc. They would also very often give erroneous medical advice and tried to offer laser hair removal because they bought their own machine. They also had somewhat stalkerish behavior. It’s been a long standing struggle to be patient with them but I think the group had enough because they were making everyone uncomfortable and I got the sense that many were not attending because of this person. I think they were coping with other health issues that really need a qualified professional therapist, not a group. I hope they get the help they need but it just wasn’t going to happen in the group. I’m waiting for the smoke to clear up and see if they resume meetings next weekend.

Being intersex myself, I do not have a clear gender identity, but I want to be female, bcause that is the gender I feel most comfortable with.  However this gives me no right to be a bully and whatever that puts me outside of standard societal norms concerning behavior, etc..  I bet that this person would not have been any different if she would have been cis.  Some people are just like this and try to blame their condition for it.  I hate it when people do this, because they make us intersex persons to become more of a freak than society looks at us already!  Wee just want to live a peaceful life like everybody else, because more important than being intersex is that we are humans!

On 1/12/2019 at 9:27 PM, Susan R said:

There was a listing on PLlag awhile back for a group in Everett which is only 15 mins away for me but the website was defunct and the email didn't bounce but never got a reply.

Hi Susan, I'm surprised that there's not a group in Everett.  It's a pretty big city.  800,000 people big...

• Forum Moderator
43 minutes ago, Briana said:

Hi Susan, I'm surprised that there's not a group in Everett.  It's a pretty big city.  800,000 people big...

I was surprised too, Briana.  The area is so large now that there are suburbsfrom Seattle extending North even beyond where I live in Snohomish county.  I know there must be hundreds, if not thousands, of TG people in the area but where are they all hiding?  There not a single group or support system anywhere here and it's one of the most LGBTQ accepting areas in the state.

Susan R?

19 hours ago, Susan R said:

The area is so large now that there are suburbs from Seattle extending North even beyond where I live in Snohomish county.

Right?  If one was there in 70's and even into the 80's and went back now, I'm sure they'd stand there looking around and say, "what happened??"  LOL  Or maybe it's really not that funny.  I have a friend up there and she says the same thing.  She went to a group on the south end of Seattle because she couldn't find one where she lived south of there.  I think it's since changed for her so now she goes to both. 

Good morning everyone.  Having some somewhat rare rainy weather here.  Although I kind of like it. 

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Briana said:

Right?  If one was there in 70's and even into the 80's and went back now, I'm sure they'd stand there looking around and say, "what happened??"  

I know that feeling. When I left the service and moved back to MI. it was like a whole new world. new roads, new home developments, everything. It was so busy and crowded. We where ready to move back to SD after 3 months. But we had had our household stuff being shipped.  We bared it for 3 yrs then could stand it. We moved back.

Well today another day off another day of appointments. So again no rest for the weary.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning all.  The sun is shining here on a 20 degree start to the day.  I'll be headed out to do chores and prepare for "working the goats" tomorrow.  Our does are all ready to deliver in less than a month and they need immunizations which also cover their kids to start.  We also check everybody's condition to see if any need worming.  Perhaps hoof trimming is the worst.  It's been wet here so i'll be covered by muck by the end of the day.  It is a bit of a rodeo but a good handling system makes it easier.  This time of year gets busy here with kidding time and syrup season just around the corner.

Mmmmm coffee!  Enjoy that now!!!!!

Then work....

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

decided to forgo the coffee today.  Although it was a chilly start to the day.  Not that you can ever count on anything they say but talking about a pattern of up and down temperatures the remainder of January.  Last year was much worse and my heater went out.  We kept warm with a kerosine heater and the fireplace, and lots of extra clothes or blankets.  It took 5 days to get it fixed.

Another front coming tomorrow then again over the weekend.  Oh well, it is January and we actually need some wintery cold.

Willow

I’m drinking coffee today as always. Trying to stay warm, and pretty much bored because I’m broke until I go back to work on Thursday. So it’s video games, coffee, soup, and popcorn. I’m also noticing that I have the sniffles so I’m taking lots of vitamin C and looking for my echinacea. Hmmm.. don’t really need a cold right now. 

• Forum Moderator

Hey, nice avatar photo Willow!  

The storm south of us was nasty.  We'll be getting snow and rain this weekend, so it will be messy.  In reality it has been a fairly mild winter here so far.

Good call on the Vitamin C Josie!  

• Forum Moderator

Thanks Jani.  

Just got home from an hour of yoga. My preferred exercises are Yoga and Water aerobics but it’s been a while since I did anything so I’m feeling it. 

Tomorrow ill I’ll do some stretching then water aerobics.  I’m committed to a fat burn muscle building class on Thursday.  We tried it last week and I ran into the instructor tonight.  She asked what I was doing since I wasn’t in her class . Oh well, me and my big mouth.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

OK, I’m nursing this cup of coffee here, trying to tell myself to hurry up and get ready since I got up earlier than normal, oh well, I’m a procrastinator and I own it. ?

All this talk about group has me reminding myself that I have to miss mine coming up tomorrow since  I have an appointment with my electrologist outside the regular schedule since she was sick on Sunday. That particular group meets once a week so it’s not too bad if I miss one, however I do really enjoy seeing my friends and they all miss me terribly when I’m not there. I, of course, am the comic relief!  It’s my job to harass the moderator and provide a positive outlook the best I can for the others, so often I find them down in the dumps and feeling terrible, scared, anxious, depressed and I totally get it. However, we are there to lift each other up, so typically I show up to group with a positive mindset and do my best to be uplifting. I have often found that sharing the idea of having a little faith that things will work out seems to be contagious, and I often remind myself that reframing ones thoughts from negative to positive has profoundly changed the way I look at things,  and honestly my life is so much better for it. 

Well, I better slurp my coffee and get into the bathroom to get my routine going so I can get to work, why can’t I just win the lottery and take it easy for a while for once? Oh wait, right, that’s not my life ... HA!

I suppose there’s nothing wrong with the way things are going as long as I look at it correctly ...  The direction of my life at the moment is a good one. 

? 

• Forum Moderator

I wish I’d win the lottery too but for some reason it never happens.  Then again, my wife keeps telling me you have to play it to win it.  Why should it be So complicated!  

Had coffee and breakfast and getting ready for water aerobics.  We’ll see how that goes.  I haven’t done that in a number of years.

Willow

Omg. My sniffles are unbearable today but I’m fighting them as best I can. Coffee is helping but I’m not going to be able to bring that to work tomorrow because they don’t allow any drinks in the work area. It’s very dry as well there so that may irritate me more. I’m hoping that the vitamins I’m taking will work hard and help me get back into shape before tomorrow. I’m going to try taking a little nap today. Glad I don’t have any appointments and I can be lazy. Ugh.

Good Morning everyone!

So, I am having a cup while waiting for partner to awaken...

A curiosity... How do you like your coffee?

I like mine with heavy cream and Pyure or Splenda Naturals. Both are Erythritol and Stevia blend.

I’ve been having mine room temp, hold the coffee! ?

but usually it’s a dunks med iced caramel swirl 1 cream no sugar. Haven’t had one in a couple weeks now though! I hope I never go back to daily. ?? Funny I never drank coffee till my wife forced her coffee ways on me a couple years back. Damn peer pressure always gettin me. 

• Forum Moderator

I like mine piping hot!  I add a tiny bit of sugar and I like it light.  Currently I use Nestle's Coffee Mate.  I used to take half & half but stopped due to cholesterol levels.

• Forum Moderator

I like mine decaf and black.  I usually let it sit a few minutes before I start drinking it, so not fresh from the pot hot but more than warm.  Decafe because I used to drink a lot of coffee at work but not so much at home.  Consequently, I'd have caffeine withdrawal on the weekends and get headaches and be a grouch.  A doctor finally told me why and suggested I wean off caffeine.  These days its decafe everything, and mostly just water with the occasional treat of cola or tea.  My new years resolution for this year was no cola so not even that.

• Forum Moderator

My morning coffee this week has been a streaming hot light blend with 2 monk fruit sweeteners and all natural coconut sweet cream. ️Mmmm

I have mostly given up on coffee and moved to naturally caffeine free herbal teas. When I do have a coffee, it’s strong and black. If it doesn’t instantly peel my eyelids open, it’s not strong enough. 

Like Willow, I was drinking way too much coffee at work and suffering the withdrawal on the weekends. Gave up all sugary carbonated beverages early last year. One of the best things I’ve done for my health. I have maybe one every two or three months and don’t miss it at all.