• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

Vortex is an understatement but close enough lol. Turns out he was looking apprehensive about going to another store today because it’s a nightmare over there. The changes being made are necessary and a little uncomfortable for some people but should have already been implemented long ago. All shifts have cleaning duties but night shift has the most because they are slow. This morning was the first day I didn’t have to take 2 shifts worth of trash out. Just a very little bit after lunch. 

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Forum Moderator

Hey there!  Coffee isn't needed to comment!!  Sounds like you have a good day planned.  Have fun!

Jani

• Forum Moderator

@Josie Beth sounds like you are starting to make some progress.  That’s really great considering you just started.

It’s slow going. Some people have a hard time understanding the division of labor or priorities but when they see how it all works out and how prioritizing does improve getting tasks done and things run smoother then they have a lightbulb go off and have better attitudes. Getting people to expand their duties when it’s necessary is another hurdle. The one rule that trumps everything is that the customer comes first so getting them out the door with exactly what they need takes priority over everything else. If they can help do that even though their job for the day is something else then they can get back to their other things that can be done later. 

• Forum Moderator

Good Morning all, on my 2nd cup, getting caught up on the threads here from overnight. Yes Josie the customer is always first, why do some businesses continue to loose sight of this ?

A nice relaxing weekend ahead, our youngest daughter coming over later for dinner, always nice to see her, you miss them when they move out....

C -

• Forum Moderator

Cyndee, most stores harp on that very subject but never gets practice.

Had a refreshing morning shower. (It is Saturday ya know.LOL) then to see what gossip is going on here. Nice warm cup of joe next to me. Life can be good. until I have to go to work in 2 1/2 hours.

Kymmie

Why do some companies lose sight of it? Because they throw time restrictions into register times, or how long a person waits to complete a purchase when the time restrictions usually don’t take into consideration the social aspect of talking to a customer to make them want to return, which is what some customers need. It’s all about the most sales in the shortest interval to most companies so they lose sight of what got them to where they are: the customer. 

• Forum Moderator

That isn’t a problem in the south.  You have to learn to spend social time at the checkout unless there is a line.  Good morning how are you. Thank you have a blessed day...  coming from the north where your lucky they don’t throw your bags at you and start the next person it took some getting used to.

• Forum Moderator

Good morning, gifted with yet another day here I ponder with coffee, the next steps of the day, the music is in my head phones (Jethro Tull, "Reasons for waiting" 1969, so beautiful), our daughter came to have dinner and hang out with us last night, always special.

Cool and cloudy here now, 39f, word of possible snow flakes here this week, that would be a first this season ? Our winter has been mild so far...

Have a great Sunday all

C -

I’m just being lazy at home today. No coffee yet but I guess I can make a cup or two. I slept in. Decided to switch the TV to hallmark and it’s more relaxing than the other channels. It’s warm today compared to the last week. I’m deciding what to do with myself for the weekend. Maybe I should just stay home and enjoy some me time.

• Forum Moderator
2 hours ago, Cyndee said:

the music is in my head phones (Jethro Tull, "Reasons for waiting" 1969, so beautiful)

Somehow this reminded me of "Reasons to be Cheerful Part 3"  by Ian Drury and the Blockheads in 1979.  Such a weird stream of conscience prose.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjh1a9Yoao  A great Sax solo.

I finished breakfast and still had a sour stomach from overnight.  I'm nursing a cup of green tea now.   The Mourning Doves are in the yard poking about.

Good afternoon. I just got to this thread today sorry for being so late.  Having a Pepsi.  Yesterday turned out so great. I dressed out and had my pronoun button on.  Did not get ma'med or miss'd once. It felt so great.  Today we're relaxing at home.

• Forum Moderator
6 hours ago, Jani said:

Somehow this reminded me of "Reasons to be Cheerful Part 3"  by Ian Drury and the Blockheads in 1979.  Such a weird stream of conscience prose.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcjh1a9Yoao  A great Sax solo.

I finished breakfast and still had a sour stomach from overnight.  I'm nursing a cup of green tea now.   The Mourning Doves are in the yard poking about.

Great groove in the sax solo !

Hope you are feeling better by the time the words reach your eyes Jani

The season's first snow has finally arrived, it's becoming all white out here as I type this...

Hugs

C -

• Forum Moderator

I am, thanks. ? 

Its in the mid 30's at 7:30pm and headed for 50's on Monday and Tuesday.  Crazy weather!  

• Forum Moderator

Good morning, another day in paradise and we have a fresh blanket of snow here (first of the season for us).

I'll be wearing snow boots for my exercise today ?

Have a great day all

C -

• Forum Moderator

Well another day off and another appointment. This time x-ray and ultrasound.They're trying to find the cause of my blood clots. Haven't got my coffee yet, but smells great.

Have a great day all.

Hugs

Kymmie

Good morning. Rocking out some French bosa nova and having a cup of coffee before going to my mom's for coffee. Mmmm. Then, a 12hr day of work. Making that Monday. Ufff. Have a great day all.

Ashlee ❤️?

1 hour ago, Cyndee said:

Good morning, another day in paradise and we have a fresh blanket of snow here (first of the season for us).

How about that!?  I have family in Seattle and they got a nice snow blanket too.  Of course, they have no snow shovels, window scrapers etc.  LOL

I'm heading for my 2nd cup and then heading to my new position.  ?

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Briana said:

How about that!?  I have family in Seattle and they got a nice snow blanket too.  Of course, they have no snow shovels, window scrapers etc.  LOL

I'm heading for my 2nd cup and then heading to my new position.  ?

Those palm trees and beach scene in your avatar, look more appealing by the minute ? Briana

Congrats on the new job starting this week,

Best

C -

• Forum Moderator
3 hours ago, Cyndee said:

I'll be wearing snow boots for my exercise today ?

Have a great day all

C -

I was a bit surprised at how much snow we got here in Snohomish County.  They predicted 3" max overnight but it is more like 6" where I'm at.  No driving fir me today.  Doubt I'll do my daily walk either.  I can't find my darn ski gloves.  It's 21° F.

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

It's so rare for us to get any accumulation here down near sea level where I'm at, I thought I'd post a pic of my backyard.

IMG_0591.JPG

• Forum Moderator

oh my Susan, look at that, we have about 4" here, at 400'....

I did 4.5 miles in boots out there a little while ago and it felt good, the north wind is blowing and it was chilly....

I am thinking about making a hot cup of Chocolate Ovaltine ?

C -

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Cyndee said:

I did 4.5 miles in boots out there a little while ago and it felt good, the north wind is blowing and it was chilly....

I am thinking about making a hot cup of Chocolate Ovaltine ?

I only went out to pick up the mail but that still sounds soooo good right now!  LOL

Susan R?

• Forum Moderator

Wow, I thought there was a decent regular snow fall in your areas.  I know its fairly rainy in the summer, right?  Or do I have that wrong too?

Jani