• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

@Beverley50 It sounds like there will be a learning curve on that technique but it's worth a try.  I have not seemed to master my left eye mascara doing it my way.

Thanks for the tip,

Susan R?

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Monday Monday...

Well. It's payday. First is laser treatment then shopping for my man!

Coffee first!

Yesterday I tried something different. Before I started the drip I took one whole cinnamon stick and broke it up into maker. The ran the coffee.

Oh my!  It was wonderful!

• Forum Moderator

Cinnamon coffee sounds like something my wife would like, I'll suggest it to her.  I just had my usual Black decaf this morning and a couple of toaster waffles.  

I am now officially wearing contacts again.  There are somethings that traditional glasses are better to see but once you get your contacts set right they are so convenient.  No slipping down you nose, no need to carry two pairs, one for inside and one for outside (sun, that bright hot spot in the sky so many of us haven't seen lately)  Anyway.  Happy to be wearing them again and no need for gender neutral frames either. 

Willow

• Forum Moderator

I respect all those who wear contacts. I could never wear them, I have enough trouble putting eye drops in contacts would be 10X worse. For going out when that yellow ball is up, I have transitions but I actually hate them. While they change quick when you go out, it takes forever to change back. Forget about working on the car with them. Can't see for Ka-Ka. I am looking at getting some new glasses w/out transitions.Of course in a woman's frame.

Off my soap box. LOL

Sixth day off. one more tomorrow them back to the grind Wens. Never realized I actually needed this time off. 7 days to relax and unwind.

Have a great day all.

Hugs

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Good morning all,

I wish it was for me, but I awoke with a terrible sore throat, and the sound of my voice is making me feel a tad dysphoric. It's the worst, I have a meeting in a few minutes, I am going to try and not speak. Hot black tea for me, and an orange slice. Life goes on, we take the bad with the good, it's not all roses...

C -

• Forum Moderator

I hope you're feeling better by the time you read this.  

Yes, sometimes we do get the thorns...

• Forum Moderator
37 minutes ago, Jani said:

I hope you're feeling better by the time you read this.  

Yes, sometimes we do get the thorns...

I just want to take a moment to thank you Jani, here in the social post. You know it's these small acts of kindness that can mean so much. I have been feeling down pretty much the whole day. Reading your post here this afternoon, has lifted my spirits, there are tears welling in my eyes as I type this,  I could reach across the continent and hug you long time dear sister in NH somewhere.  I got through my work day OK, and I did not need to speak much (thankfully), my comments this morning were me simply putting on a brave face to try and tell myself "get through this day", and fighting back the dysphoria of having a less than optimal voice (it's one of my tools at work, it has to work, or I sound crappy, or worse). So to all you people out there that answer others, when they may need a cheer, I am here to tell you it means a lot ! A simple sentence or two can touch others.That's why I'm here, bless you Jani answering me, bless you @Dev for having this place on the Internet, it's truly a wonderful place. 

Cynthia -

• Forum Moderator

@KymmieL I’ve tried the darkening lenses before and for all the reasons stated they didn’t work for me. Not dark enough in the car.  Too dark if trying to see under the hood.  Yes far mor convenient under normal circumstances but not worth the aggravation.  I have to use multifocal contacts which many people can’t.  But I couldn’t deal with one eye near and the other far.

Since I still switch between M & F, this makes it easier for me.

Coffe is done.  Pretty good today. Next up is the dreaded dentist!  Ok I don’t dread the dentist, but I sure did as a kid.

Have a great day everyone.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

@Cyndee I can understand how upsetting it can be when you can't speak the way you want.  The one thing that I feel gives me away when I am in total female mode is my voice.  I had Laryngeal cancer 2 years ago and between the surgery and radiation my voice got even deeper.  I do my best but I really have to concentrate and work at keeping my voice in an acceptable feminine range.  Making it somewhat more difficult I am not full-time female.  I don't wish to come out to friends and neighbors so I have to switch.  So it is really easy to forget and talk "normally".

gargle with salt water and use a nasal rinse (salt water and a nasal irrigator)  That will help.  Take care of yourself and don't despair  Everyone gets a sore throat now and then and your co-corkers won't make too much of it.

Hugs

Willow

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Willow said:

@Cyndee I can understand how upsetting it can be when you can't speak the way you want.  The one thing that I feel gives me away when I am in total female mode is my voice.  I had Laryngeal cancer 2 years ago and between the surgery and radiation my voice got even deeper.  I do my best but I really have to concentrate and work at keeping my voice in an acceptable feminine range.  Making it somewhat more difficult I am not full-time female.  I don't wish to come out to friends and neighbors so I have to switch.  So it is really easy to forget and talk "normally".

gargle with salt water and use a nasal rinse (salt water and a nasal irrigator)  That will help.  Take care of yourself and don't despair  Everyone gets a sore throat now and then and your co-corkers won't make too much of it.

Hugs

Willow

Congratulations on being a cancer survivor Willow, that must have been terrible. It goes without saying a person's voice says so much about them, so many messages, so many subtleties to consider. Your post reminded me of the time when I was switching back and forth, and I can recall times being in the wrong context for the situation ? It does take a conscience effort and much practice, but persistence will pay off. I don't think I can speak in my old voice these days without forcing myself to do things "unnatural". Thanks for the well wishes Willow, it's much appreciated ! I am a little better today, I slept long last night, and my spirits are in a much better place. I hope your day is wonderful Willow.

Hugs

Cyndee -

Edited by Cyndee
Just noticed this was my post number 8888 here wow...
  • Forum Moderator

I hope you're starting to feel a little better Cyndee. 

Lots of love and a big hug,

Timber Wolf ??

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Timber Wolf said:

I hope you're starting to feel a little better Cyndee. 

Lots of love and a big hug,

Timber Wolf ??

Thanks Carla ! I hope your day is a good one :)

Hugs

Cyndee -

• Forum Moderator

Early morning coffee in bed today.  Nice to be laid back sometimes..

well I’ll so much for the ground hog prediction of an early spring.  Winter storm after winter storm has crossed the country ever since, and many have been deadly.  

Hugs

Willow

Yesterday I went to work in a sweatshirt hoodie and then on the way home I realized how foolish it was. It dropped temperature so fast. The walk home was frigid and my fingers were so cold I almost couldn’t get the key in my door. I’m going to be sure to bundle up better today. Luckily there’s coffee at work to help take the chill off.

• Forum Moderator

I’m beginning to think I live on coffee, maybe it’s the Danish blood in me...

I can remember starting to drink coffee when I was two years old, my mother would bring it to me in a tiny little pink plastic coffee cup every morning, and I find that I still absolutely require coffee throughout the day just to keep myself moving.  Lately I’ve been drinking a little bit more tea at work, but it just isn’t the same, we ran out of coffee creamer yesterday morning so I did the sensible thing in braved a vanilla silk almond milk, a top shelf packaged emergency ration that was tucked in the back corner of the refrigerator at work, it had expired in 2017 and I eyeballed it with questioning concern.  I ripped the little foil tab off and smelled it, it smelled fine, I took a tiny sip to taste it on my tongue, it tasted fine I poured a little out to see what it looked like, it looked fine, so I carefully poured a steady stream of this extremely expired almond milk into my coffee and inspected this stream carefully down to the last drop. To all appearances this  well preserved example of 2017‘s finest fake milk had survived perfectly, and stirring with a spoon proved my suspicions had at least visually been correct. I sipped the coffee twice and nodded my head yes as I headed to my office, as I sat at my cubicle clicking the mouse away at errant emails and sales data I worked my way through that enormous cup of coffee till it was gone.

So you’re wondering, was that silk almond milk still good? Was my clearly non-intelligent decision to consume something dairy-like that expired in 2017 a bad idea?  I can hear you wondering out loud how the rest of my day went ... To answer all those questions, I was fine, all I did was have a cup of coffee... what could’ve possibly gone wrong?

?

That’s how much I love coffee...

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone 

Beautiful day here but it’s supposed to get bad late and be miserable all next week.

I can’t say I have or would use almond or soy milk that’s over a year old, but I will say, I use nothing but soy milk these days and i don’t pay any attention to the expiration date.  It doesn’t appear to spoil like cows milk does.

hugs

Willow

It doesn’t spoil the same, but, the best by date is usually not accurate unless it regular milk. Plus if the seal is on and it’s stored at a safe cold temperature it can last a lot longer than the best by date. Some fridges are so cold they can preserve food 2-3 times longer than they should. 

• Forum Moderator

Hi. Didn’t end up having any coffee today. Went to a stretching class today. Yoga tomorrow. Here are a couple pictures from our last trip.

Willow

6E163C28-ABEB-47D2-BE32-53CCE5140500.jpeg

D37F9243-94FC-432E-830E-98CD4EF11E11.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

Well today was a great day. Not. I wound up tripping at work carrying about 50# of brake rotors. Now I have a broken finger and tooth. Being that my pinky on my left hand was broken very close to the first knuckle. They are referring me to an orthopedic Dr. I have an appointment with them Monday afternoon, the the dentist right after. Oh, joy.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

That's terrible Kymmie, hope things heal quickly and you can be patched up.

Hugs

Cyndee -

• Forum Moderator

Ouch Kymmie.  Hope you feel better soon.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

OHHH! I'm sorry to read this.  I hope you feel well soon Kymmie.

Hugs, Jani