• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

• Forum Moderator

Nice photos.  I love the historical piece about the area.  Cute name for the swimming club, Seagulls!

Jani

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Spring break was okay. Sad and lonely but not the worst. Didn't get to see many friends but I went to my grandmothers. She has many problems so it was a bit much taking care of her. It was nice to see her though. <3 

• Forum Moderator

Nice pictures Tracy and thanks for sharing !

Just took my nail polish off this morning, time to give my nails a breather.

The rain has returned this morning after a really nice warm / dry spell.

Went hiking with friends out on the Key Peninsula on Saturday( pic attached), yes that is Mt Rainer in the background, the mountain was "out" that day...

Have a really nice day all

Cyndee -

P3301974.JPG

• Forum Moderator

Days when Mt Rainer is out don't happen all that often but when they do it is a beautiful sight.  I have a picture a friend took of me skiing on top of White Pass with a beautiful clear sky and Rainer in the back ground.  

Willow 

• Forum Moderator

What a change a day can make this time of year.  Yesterday it was cold, windy and rainy.  Today it is sunny, clear, calm and a beautiful warm day.

Willow 

• Forum Moderator

It was a beautiful day today. 55 and sun. But I heard rain and snow for tomorrow so we will see. Got my lab results yesterday. everything is looking good. Therapist  appt on Tues. Things have been up and down for me the last few days. Thankfully today was nice.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Great on your lab results @KymmieL

Very nice on skiing in WA @Willow

I am stuck at work today, it's my rotation to work Saturday coverage, so I am here sipping coffee, keeping an eye on things work related, and typing here in between things.

It's rainy out today, so I am not missing my favorite outdoor activities....

Enjoy your day all

C -

• Forum Moderator

This time of year I’m busy fixing fences for spring pasture   This is our last row of hay in the barn so hopefully the grass will get busy as well. We’ve got 40 goats who will need food by the end of the month.  Finish this cup and off to feed another bale. At 2 bales a day it goes fast.

Hugs,

Charlize

F70C638E-6C0C-4FC1-8AB6-A90F041A1FCA.jpeg

• Forum Moderator

You rockin' that jean skirt @Charlize , what a cute farmgirl outfit !

• Forum Moderator

Lovely photo Charlize! They look like little bales there. I am not involved these days, but there has been a tendency locally to produce giant size bales here these days. Maybe they are for large scale use. It would stop the children creating dens in the fields with the bales before collected, like we used to, though.  The lambs are in our fields now. We have no goats locally, as far as I am aware. It's mainly arable, but with quite a few sheep and a few cattle.

I love to see your photos too Cyndee. Beautiful scenery!

Tracy

• Forum Moderator

We do feed the smaller rectangular bales.  They weigh 40 to 50 lbs. each and are much easier to feed to goats.  Unfortunately large bales are the norm at this point and they don't work in the feeders which are necessary for goats who are both picky about their feed and able to climb up on any of the large bales.  Once they are up they soil the food and then don't eat it. 

I always kinda like a clean hay mow but it also reminds me that in a few months i'll be loading in another 6+ tons.  It has gotten harder as E and age take their toll.  Of course i also don't have to go to a gym.  Pumping cellulose instead of iron.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator

I always think it better to natually workout reather than go to a gym. After I wrote the above I though about it, and hay bales are still usually small here. It's the ones from wheat and other grain which are large. The balers here now produce the big ones. Back in my youth the balers produced small ones and someone (usually young fit male) stood on a baler board towed behind to stack them as they came out. Baling for hay from the roadside was common too. but now seems to be very rare (on thinking, it may be frowned upon due to protection of wildlife and flora). Don't overdo it Charlize. Get old fashioned and rope in the family to help.

I do remember from when I did work on farms in my teens that hay bales are quite a bit heavier than straw.

Tracy.

Edited by tracy_j
Added sentence
  • Forum Moderator

Well, the weather is finally coming around.  its barely April and we are 6" behind on rainfall.  We finally got some over the weekend.  The temperatures have been below normal, this week we are supposed to be in the 70s every day so again, finally normal.  

I went to a different support group last weekend.  This one is a closed group in that you have to know someone or be sent by a therapist to be allowed to come.  They are truly a support group for my situation.  You have to be at least in your 30s to go.  Everyone gets a chance to talk and express concerns or accomplishments.  My newest friend Stevi introduced me to the moderator.  She interviewed me and allowed me to go to the meeting.  Stevi and her wife have been a blessing to me and my wife.  They have talked to my wife about what its bden like for them and what to expect based on their experience.  Anyway its been a good connection for both of us.

Have a great day!

Willow

• Forum Moderator

Very good.  I think that groups that limit attendees to a specific age range are generally good.  In my experience, younger folks have differing needs and expectations than us "mature" transitioners.  A group that I belong to has a cut off of 35, but can be flexible as needed.  

I'm glad to read you've made a good connection with Stevi.

• Forum Moderator

Thank you @Jani .  Yes, the first group was open to anyone 14 and older and the average was 20s.  Their discussions weren't very applicable to me.  Second group I went to was a complete disappointment except for one thing,  that is where I met Stevi and her wife.  It was the three of us and the three leaders, one of whom acknowledged issues with wanting everything his way and fighting about everything that wasn't.  I quickly realized why their meetings were not well attended.

Willow

• Forum Moderator

I wish I had a group to attend. but alas non around here.

Today, 61 mostly sunny. tomorrow, 65 but wed predicting snow and cold. Hope it is gone by Friday. me and the wife are going to visit the oldest and the family. including our grandbabies.

Kymmie

Good Morning Ladies!

It's 5:10am! I'm showered with basic foundation applied and on my second cup!

Off to the VA HOSP in Loma Linda, California this morning. My last Gender/name correction!

My dead name will finally be sealed and buried at long last..!

This seems to be causing what can only be described as reversed dysphoria. I am opposite of dysphoric. I am elated. With an amazing uplifting sensation. Does this happen to y'all?

Just curious!

Pouring third and final cup...

I meet my Psychiatrist on the 24th I m tally stoked. My third and final letter will be drafted and I can start planning for my various upcoming surgeries!

Have a great day everyone!

Love, 

Michelle

• Forum Moderator

I can only speak for myself but each time i had another gender and or name affirming document it took time before my feet managed to touch the floor.  I should always say that even years later he receives the occasional bit of junk mail or his name pops up in some other fashion.   I'm currently in the process of transferring the farm from him to me.  What a nuisance!  Sorry to be a Debby Downer.

Enjoy this step and the wonderfully affirming feeling.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator
21 hours ago, Charlize said:

I'm currently in the process of transferring the farm from him to me. 

Charlize

I did this for our property, she owns it, she receives the property tax bill, and she pays it (ugg).

Coffee tastes great this morning. Had my blood draw yesterday at the Dr, checking my E levels since going to patches this year.

Have a great day all

C -

• Forum Moderator

You mean i have to pay!!!!!!   What ever happened to chivalry? 

As i clean up the miles of tubing that brings the sap, i've had a quiet few days in the woods seeing the early spring flowers.  It's a rather unpleasant job because i'm flushing out spoiled sap with high pressure water.  One gets wet and at times the fluid is quite nasty.  Fortunately a beautiful spring and a couple of cups of coffee keep me smiling.

Hugs,

Charlize

• Forum Moderator
Just now, Charlize said:

You mean i have to pay!!!!!!   What ever happened to chivalry? 

Are zombies capable of chivalry ? ?

• Forum Moderator

@Charlize Miles of tubing? what every happened to hanging a bucket on each tree?  The price for modernization I suppose.  It rained overnight.  Now we have a beautiful morning.  Grass is starting to green up.  temperatures are finally "normal" for mid April instead of 10 degrees below normal.

Had my coffee.  Today is shopping day.  Us old folk get a discount on Wednesdays.  The calendar seems to be dragging since I have to wait two months yet for Spiro and E.

Willow  

• Forum Moderator

Well of course it is snowing. Suppose to be in the bullseye of the storm. so the weather channel app says. Got some what bad news yesterday, I had a Dr appointment to possibly get the pin out of my finger. but my Dr is not going to be in for the rest of the week. So now I have to wait till a week from tomorrow.

So I get stuck with this pin when I go see the grandbabies this weekend. Well the coffee is nice and warm. Upping the dose on my Sprio.

Kymmie

• Forum Moderator

Hi everyone TGIF (at least for some of us)

we we need rain here and last night we finally got a decent shower.  We are still well behind but I’m not complaining.  Spring has sprung. It’s another pretty day.  The birds are singing.  Everyone is happy except the dog.  She forgot about the invisible fence and got zapped.  Can’t say it’s really her fault.  It had stopped working and I just recently got it fixed.   She’ll just have to figure it out again. She’s been in an invisible fence since we got her.  It’s her sister who will have trouble next week when she comes.  She has a physical fence and won’t remember her days with the invisible one.

taking my wife shopping for her birthday.  

Willow

Good Morning everyone!

It's Sunday morning. Coffee us ready and Formula 1 Chinese Race is cued!

Yay!