• Welcome to the TransPulse Forums!

We offer a safe, inclusive community for transgender and gender non-conforming folks, as well as their loved ones, to find support and information.  Join today!

Good morning All. Coffees on.

KymmieL

21 hours ago, Jani said:

I'm staying home as I have respiratory issues.  My son offered to shop for me.  I don't envy them as school is closed in their city and he and my DIL are working form home for now.  

@TammyAnne I understand about the noise when living in a more urban setting.  I am rural and value the quietness of it.  Taking down a few more trees, while not desirable, may be the solution to the issue at your wooded home.  I couldn't tolerate that level of humidity though.  Take care and try to think positively.

Jani

Thank you.

Yes there's just some kind of constant racket in town. I would prefer to hear just the wind and the woodpeckers. And while I hate to lose the wild nature of my place, pushing the treeline back is the only sane solution I can see.

Oh gosh the humidity, it's like hanging out at the pool!

I'm feeling a little better after spending a day brainstorming a path forward. I have a way to go, some plans to enact. Should yield good results.

TA 

• Replies 23.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Willow

• KymmieL

• Mmindy

• Ivy

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, ShawnaLeigh said:

Good Morning All,

So I am at work still trying to "social distance" myself but it is difficult as I need to go everywhere at any given time. Yikes.  VT is up to 8 confirmed cases with another 4 reported just yesterday.

It seems like a ghost town here though and hospital access is very limited.  

All not cases or appointments that are not urgent or critical have been cancelled as is the same for elective or non critical surgeries.  

That last one scares me because I am a month out from mine and OMG I will just die if they do not get this painful lump out of me.  The Bilateral Orchiectomy is an after though to that surgery and yes I am still hoping for that too.

Anyways, from an hospital employee; stay safe and wash your hands for over 30 seconds now not just 20 seconds.  Over 60% alcohol to kill Corvid in hand sanitizers and the masks don't do much as it is a small droplet transmission not airborne.  Unless its in a sneeze so I suppose it can be considered "airborne" then.  Doesn't hurt o wear them.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

I'm following the hand washing routine I learned in the military for chemical warfare decontamination. Washing every surface of my hands and each finger individually on all surfaces. Finally something really useful from the military!

TA

• Forum Moderator

up with coffee by my side. 2nd closing shift today. unfortunately we cannot do the social distance much. but Wyoming isn't a hot bed. 

Nothing has changed at work as a result. knock on wood. Actually waiting for the Co to do something. I think we can be worse that bars, restaurants, Ect. at times. OH well. it is a wait and see game. Sounds like the military. 

Don't know why my grandson doesn't seem to like me. but life goes on.

Dysphoria is running high these last few days. May tip my hand at work today. Each month we have one day we can wear most any company logo-ed shirt. I have picked up a woman's button down shirt. While most may not notice it buttons down the opposite side, some may.

Kymmie

1 hour ago, KymmieL said:

I have picked up a woman's button down shirt. While most may not notice it buttons down the opposite side, some may.

I did this too.  Little times of "pushing my luck" here and there.  No one EVER said a thing.

• Forum Moderator

Hi

coffee is long past.  It’s time for lunch now.  I mowed the live oak leaves this morning.  You wouldn’t know it now.  It’s pouring right now which is knocking more leaves off the trees. At least our temperatures are near the norm for this time of year and no longer cold.  Our pool normally opens for Spring break but with the virus I suspect they won’t. Our exercise room is limited.  Our owners clubhouse is limiting access.  Our annual meeting is going to be a teleconference except for the board of directors, candidates and required others.  Schools are closed for three weeks.  Schools and some restaurants are providing lunch to kids free.  Yes this is a trying time and putting dysphoria on top is pretty tough.

Willow

Heather and I went in for the DNA tests,a swab from me and a swab from her.Hopefully hear the results next week if I am her dad.Did have to fire a guy at my auto salvage yard this morning.Had it with him coming in late and smelling like pot.One of my parts pullers,I don't allow drug use at my towing yard/semi and auto repair shop and auto salvage yard at all.Plus he was costing my husband and I money,broke parts we had sold

• Forum Moderator

Hi

coffee is long past.  It’s time for lunch now.  I mowed the live oak leaves this morning.  You wouldn’t know it now.  It’s pouring right now which is knocking more leaves off the trees. At least our temperatures are near the norm for this time of year and no longer cold.  Our pool normally opens for Spring break but with the virus I suspect they won’t. Our exercise room is limited.  Our owners clubhouse is limiting access.  Our annual meeting is going to be a teleconference except for the board of directors, candidates and required others.  Schools are closed for three weeks.  Schools and some restaurants are providing lunch to kids free.  Yes this is a trying time and putting dysphoria on top is pretty tough.

Willow

Just finishing my travel mug, at work, nothing new.  

Long talk with the roommate yesterday evening about "us" and how our feelings have tapered off slowly for spouse to friends.  We discussed this for a long while and came to a comfortable place with it then we talked about dating and other tough topics for me.  I'm not ready for her to be out there at all nor am I for myself.  She says she has zero interest in it but its not something she says she is definitely not going to consider if the opportunity arises and she encourages me to do the same.  All in all things are at least fair to good on that topic.  Though in my mind I am still not ready to not feel jealous or negative about either of us dating so I still have work to do.

Then we talked about our sexuality and I explained my "shift of attractions" and that I was not attracted to her as I once was.  Which she had said the same to me being Shawna.  Though she said she did like the pretty boy Shawn look I was sporting when I was still presenting male.  I wish she had said something.  LOL

I talked about this same topic at length with my therapist and our family doctor the day before. Angela (RM) said she wasn't surprised at all.  She has seen my expressions change when attractive men are on TV, movies or around us. 

UT oh.  I didn't think I was that obvious.  LOL

I hope everyone stays safe and has as wonderful a day as possible with the current crisis.

• Forum Moderator

Coffee dripping right now. Just waiting. Do to the crappy weather that is due later today and tomorrow and Friday. I am going to try a video appointment with my speech therapist. kind of a trial run.

Everything going good on the home front. My wife and son took my grandson home yesterday, due to the coming weather they are going under a blizzard warning starting later today. 

At least the weather should keep people home. Then you still have the idiots that HAVE to go to walmart. It is my Friday. thankfully I will not have to leave the house at all.

Kymmie

Did make an employee's son happy today.Decided to get my General Lee tribute car out,a 1969 Dodge Charger out.He knew I was having one built and shown him it today,his eyes lit up saying it was cool.My employee Carla's 13 year old son Travis loves the tv show Dukes of Hazard too.I did let him sit in the driver's seat and mom took a picture of him in it.Had a picker come by too,I know him and shown a older Dodge dealership sign to me.I bought it

• Forum Moderator

Well got a call from speech  therapy.  Do to the forecast weather. The VA is shut down  tomorrow.  Now more time for goofing around tomorrow and Friday.  Need to get some work done on one of my many model projects I have in progress. 

Hugs, 

Kymmie. 

Yep my Voice therapy sessions were all cancelled yesterday.  Sigh.

She felt so bad too she gave me all her personal contact information just in case I needed to "call her for anything".  I had missed my last appointment due to being a forgetful dumb arse and now I am out all together.  

She talked with me on the phone for a bit though and told me she could definitely hear the changes from our last appointment.  That was at least a positive.

Coffee gone and at work after a lovely 1.5 hours drive.  It was actually nice as no one was on the roads at 4am so I was able to scoot right along.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

• Forum Moderator

Is your voice therapist willing to do skype appointments? I don't see any reason you couldn't train remotely. Heck, I did all my voice work remotely.

Hugs!

22 hours ago, Jackie C. said:

Is your voice therapist willing to do skype appointments? I don't see any reason you couldn't train remotely. Heck, I did all my voice work remotely.

Hugs!

I did not ask actually, Thank you I will. 

I think my therapy appointments will proceed this way too.

Still working on my coffee and trying to prepare for another day on the front lines.  

I have had tons, years, and decades worth of Hazardous Materials and Biological Training over my life time from the military to every job I have worked being on their Haz. Mat. teams.  I have been there and done that and this one makes me nervous for sure!  

Especially now that I am working inside hospitals and around who knows what being touched by who knows who!  I will say the hospitals have got it going on with sanitary procedures but you can not catch everything.  Lets face it nothing can be considered 100% clean.  You can only do so much and staying home is your best protection.  But clean your own spaces too!  You can not clean to much nor to many items. You never know.

Those of us who can not please be diligent to follow any cleaning or decontamination  procedure's put in place.

Be safe and keep strong.

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

Good morning!

Coffee, mmmmm.

My VA appointments have been shifted to teleconference now, so that's mostly good. It is reasonably effective. Although it helps to go into the appointment with an "issues list" in hand so everything can be addressed.

I've got to get out into the world today as I'm meeting my pest control and termite guys today. Otherwise, I would stay put.

Have a wonderful day!

TA

• Forum Moderator

Someone from my doctor's office called this morning to say the doctor would do a tele-appointment with me this afternoon, unless I felt I needed to come in (which I don't).  This is a relief as I was concerned.

Jani  

• Forum Moderator

Well another day off, although scheduled. Haven't heard anything good or bad. Getting worried about my daughter in law. My 3rd grandson is due any day. I am worried that she and the baby may come in contact with the virus at the hospital.

Cold this morning.about 30 degrees on the fence.  So I am staying inside. Have no need to go out.

Kymmie

32 minutes ago, KymmieL said:

I am worried that she and the baby may come in contact with the virus at the hospital.

Although I can not speak for every hospital.  Most do an excellent job of keeping a baby and mother separate from all others and most Birth Centers are by security badge access only in and out to prevent kidnappings which in todays scare will keep all traffic to a minimum as well.  

babies already go into very controlled climate and air filters rooms as well during there first few days just in case the immune system are not fully developed so again they are protected from potential cross contamination.  

It may not help you worry less but maybe knowing these things will help a bit.

In the hospitals I am in the atmosphere is very quiet and does not look busy at all.  There are far fewer folks here then normal and it seems very low key and stress free.  Cleaning and sanitation efforts have double and tripled so this place has never looked so shiny.  I do not feel at risk when I am out and about but I am still diligent as should everyone.

• Forum Moderator
4 hours ago, KymmieL said:

about 30 degrees on the fence.

Stay off that fence!

Good morning everyone!

Nice to sip my coffee and read in a forum that's not about to burst into flames because of the pandemic. It seems that all the news people have their hair on fire these days.

Having taken all the precautions I can, it's just about trying to wait this out for me. Trying to stay positive, keeping busy with what I can. Not a lot else I can do. Well I could worry, but it wouldn't solve anything.

So I just want to wish everyone well. And wish everyone a calm, happy and productive (by your personal definition) day.

TA

• Forum Moderator

Hi,  busy day in a way today.  Started with coffee as usual.  Then we held our annual HOA meeting.  To attend without being specifically required to be in attendance you had to call a teleconference number.  I was one of the 10 people requested to attend.  I was elected to the BOD for a three year term.   I’m not sure if that’s an honor or a penalty.

Eighties today but rainy and cool tomorrow. My daughter is the nursing supervisor at the hospital where she works.  She has been put on notice that if they either have a staff shortage or a sudden influx of patients she may be required to stay at the hospital 24/7. If that happens we may either have to go to her house to stay with her daughters or somehow get them here.  They can’t go to stay with their dad because he doesn’t have internet and WiFi and they have eSchool starting Monday.

Got a new cellphone yesterday the picture quality is amazingly better.  I didn’t really have a choice, my old phone is at the bottom of the river.  Oops!

be safe everyone 

Willow

Oh, my, I feel so out of the loop...  All the closures and restrictions due to the coronavirus have really screwed up my routine.  Our teachers went on strike and reached a settlement - just in time for the schools to close.  My eldest son's ADHD has made the last few weeks... challenging, let's say.  My wife has been desperately struggling to write her thesis, while I have been struggling with mounting dysphoria.  I've been able to visit the forums, but have had little to no time for posting.

@Debra Michelle, I know I am late with this, but I am sorry that your father passed. I am heartened that there will be no more suffering for him, and gladdened that his remains will become one with a place that brought him so much joy.

On 3/20/2020 at 2:19 PM, Jani said:

Stay off that fence!

I know, right? And 30 degrees is way too unsafe an angle for being on a fence!

Omg don’t you hate it when you wake up an hour after your alarm and you go from zero to hero stressing on how you have no time to do your makeup!!!!

And then you realize it’s Sunday!

Super relief!!!!  Lol

Yea that was me 15 minutes ago

ok back to bed for me.  

ugh coffee is not working today. No energy what so ever. Nephew is supposed to be over here in a little bit to role play. Going to escape to a Galaxy far far away. 

@ShawnaLeigh I hate when that happens, I’ve been known to run out the door and nearly be to the car before I realize the day lol